NSV's

Options

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @Karlottap Wow! You look amazing. Lovely. :)
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    18 months down and holding steady between 165-168...but the big thing is that after two months of yoga I did a handstand and a full bridge! I'm 47...

That is something I have never been able to do. Balance is not my strong suit. That is impressive for anyone our age.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Pictures count too, right? Someone may need to see what can be done! I'm amazed by what I see!

ot9ffwucfflz.jpg

Pictures definitely count. Love your shirt, and it looks great on you! Kudos to your Grandma!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @idocdlw I drove across Iowa on 12/25 EB and then back 12/26 WB. On 12/25, it was raining really heavily and a lot of drivers were going way too fast considering those conditions. Visibility was terrible in the spouts of heavy rain, so the drivers going 10-20 mph over the limit couldn't have possibly been prepared to react if something ahead of them were to happen.

On the way back, skies were clear, but Iowa drivers (yes, I'm one of those too) don't know how to manage speed within traffic. Everyone goes at their own pace and in their own lane without regard to anyone else. There is no such thing as traffic "flow" here.

I did see someone with a yellow "Student Driver" sticker with out-of-state plates and wondered if it was required in their home state. Here, those are only on actual vehicles used by official driving schools. When new drivers on learner's permits are driving with the appropriate licensed drivers, they don't have to label their vehicles.

I do road trips once or twice per year most years. Usually they are 7-10 days and range from 4K-8K miles round-trip. I've driven in 48 U.S. states. IMO, the state with the worst drivers is Michigan and the worst road to drive based on the road itself is hwy 160 over Wolf Creek Pass in Southern Colorado.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Its wonderful when others notice your hard work!! When the towel fits all the way around is a great inspiration! Congratulations to both of you!!
  • mickigoad
    mickigoad Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    I just recently finished up with my MBA...

Congrats! That's hard work and I know you are proud. Very nice!!

Well done @midwesterner85! I am a firm believer in education. It is something that no one can ever take from you. You should be quite proud of yourself.
  • mickigoad
    mickigoad Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Although I have experienced a significant relapse on my program, I am noticing that I am sometimes able to turn to strategies other than eating to handle emotions. I don't always succeed at this point and even though i have experienced major setbacks since transitioning to maintenence I still find that I am aware enough to sometimes actually utilize a non food coping strategy. Not on a regular basis at all, but even sometimes is progress.
    While I was successful at weightloss, maintenance is truly hard for me and my relapse is significant, but I always knew the real battle for me is in this stage. I'm trying to ramp up my determination factor a great deal more as I kind of dropped that ball in the euphoria of finally getting very thin.
    Still, proud to be the owner of a few fledgling non food strategies. New Year's resolution is to build those strategies way up.

I relate to this so much! Weight loss is the easy part, in my opinion. The discipline of losing weight is easy for me. The reward is so tangible/great that I don't want to feel the disappointment of not losing pounds/inches.

Maintenance has proven to be my struggle as well. I do find it less difficult as I learn more about how my body works and how I feel now that I am more physical and I am seeing the fruits of my labor. I am proud to be the owner of my own "few fledgling non-food strategies".

I wish you all the best in this lifelong journey.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    My NSV today was arguing that you can eat too much fat with a lady in facebook land while trying to help someone that wasn't losing weight while drinking BPC and eating lots of added fat then having the creator of that page post a new blog supporting exactly what I was saying and doing so because of seeing so much talk about it on the FB page and sharing that very blog post with the fat obsessed lady and the discussion going completely silent...
    Ahhhhhhh. That was nice.
    I think I actually enjoyed it too much. I need to just keep my nose around here. You guys are the bomb!
  • cstehansen
    Options
    bump for the newbies (and everyone else) because it is important to see more than just the number on the scale
  • cstehansen
    Options
    bjwoodzy wrote: »
    Bought new clothes in December, even though I told myself I didn't need them (and all my friends argue that I don't buy clothing enough, last time I bought anything was for my mom's wedding in August and before that...probably half a dozen years, at least). But everything I owned was literally hanging off my frame and some things, well...just fell right to the floor (so many pairs of pants on the ground!). I think sometimes it's good to get one or two new things because I decided even though I'm still a ways away from my next goal weight, it's good to look nice and feel nice.

Reminds me of a song from a few years back....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoAMWnnz98w
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I meant to link to that...and then someone called me and I forgot!