show us your meals or describe them!!

Hi i am about to start..on tomorrow as next year instead of a diet i want to start a new lliving healthier lifestyle..
Please help share pics of meals / drinks..
Thanks in advance....
Help????

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Howdy Ruby!

I think most people here just eat normal meals and don't worry a lot about what macros etc are being consumed. It is nice to be able to eat what you want and still be dieting. I do try to make sure i get enough protein and if my dinner didn't have what i thought was enough, I will take some supps and i also take a multi-vitamin/mineral supp. I do that because I think it helps me not to get as hungry the next day. I've just started experimenting not doing sugar but I did lose a lot of weight and still had a desert every-night for most of my weight loss. Joe has a lot of videos that can shed a lot of light on a lot of topics.

I think the best thing for starters is to eat whatever types of foods you want and then adjust later if you want as you get used to the fasting routine. I think that is the approach most have recommended here.

Good luck. Keep posting!
  • blambo61
    That looks awesome!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Eat whatever you like for dinner. That's what is so great about OMAD. One plate of food works out to be right in the range of calories I like to eat. Sometimes I may have to add desert or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to get the calories in but if you're low on calories it really doesn't matter.
  • ruby_emrald
    ruby_emrald Posts: 42 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    How does this look:

pskqsybotz8h.jpglfy7zkhnoixg.png

Thankyou that is exactly what i was after yay!!!
  • vinyladdict
    vinyladdict Posts: 85 Member
    y9dcb63avlg5.jpg
    d2qeitu8jaqn.jpg

Three chipotle chicken sausages topped with wasabi mayo, 16 oz of steamed broccoli with bacon bits, and baked Alexia fries with light ranch. Dessert is half of an Ugli fruit. The best fruit ever. :)
  • blambo61
    edited January 2017
    Looks great!

No pic but tonight:
    • acv and tart cherry juice and vegetable juice chaser and allopurinol (sounds yummy right)
    • large salad with lettuce, spinach, green pepper, cheese, eggs, croutons, salt & pepper, onion & garlic powder
    • small bowl of chilli
    • 3x small pieces of homemade whole wheat bread with butter
    • raspberries and cottage cheese
    • couple pieces of mild chedder cheese
    r
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    y9dcb63avlg5.jpg
    d2qeitu8jaqn.jpg

Three chipotle chicken sausages topped with wasabi mayo, 16 oz of steamed broccoli with bacon bits, and baked Alexia fries with light ranch. Dessert is half of an Ugli fruit. The best fruit ever. :)

intrigued by the ugli fruit!
  • stevencurrier
    stevencurrier Posts: 3 Member
    last night I had a bowl of homemade beef stew and 3 slices of rye bread with some Benut butter
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited January 2017
    newmeadow wrote: »
    How does this look:

pskqsybotz8h.jpglfy7zkhnoixg.png

I like traditional meat and potatoes with gravy and a sauteed green vegetable. And dessert of course. Standard American Fare for me. Pics estimated at around 1,300 calories which, for most, is caloric deficit conducive to weight loss. Only doable on OMAD. So great!
    The photos are gorgeous.

My kind of favorite meal! Yummy. Meat, potatoes, and green veggie is how I ate growing up.

I love ice cream but have cut that down to a few times a year rather than regularly. It can trigger a desire for sweets for me. But I could probably do a frozen yogurt with berries as the protein makes it lower glycemic and doesn't give me carb cravings.
  • DebSozo
    y9dcb63avlg5.jpg
    d2qeitu8jaqn.jpg

I've never had an ugli fruit. Yours reminds me of orange sections.
  • DebSozo
    last night I had a bowl of homemade beef stew and 3 slices of rye bread with some Benut butter

Beef stew is comfort food this time of year.
  • DebSozo
    My meals are weird. I haven't noticed that anyone else does this and mant would actually be against it, but I eat fast food every day!....yes you heard right, fast food!! I just do it in the one meal and its usually in the 700-1,200 calorie range. crazy I know! haha....but its working for me!

Whatever works best for you! If you were going to eat fast food anyhow, then kudos on managing the calories and losing weight. Calories are King
  • blambo61
    My meals are weird. I haven't noticed that anyone else does this and mant would actually be against it, but I eat fast food every day!....yes you heard right, fast food!! I just do it in the one meal and its usually in the 700-1,200 calorie range. crazy I know! haha....but its working for me!

Be careful, most fast food has a lot of cals. You could probably eat a lot more food if you go for some of the non-fast stuff! Good luck.
  • sun_cat
    sun_cat Posts: 114 Member
    Today was Toad in the Hole - sausages, yorkshire pudding, mashed potatoes (with cream and butter), cabbage, broccoli, and onion gravy. Chocolate mousse with raspberries. So, so good.
  • blambo61
    Yum, Yum!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Last night was homemade turkey chili with three kinds of beans, shredded cheese, onions, and a piece of cornbread. Small green salad with balsamic dressing.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Tonight I'm having organic turkey sausage (2 links), 2 scrambled eggs with roasted peppers/onions/cheese, crispy crown potatoes (Ore-Ida), biscuit with apple butter, and an orange.
  • blambo61
    Tonight I'm having organic turkey sausage (2 links), 2 scrambled eggs with roasted peppers/onions/cheese, crispy crown potatoes (Ore-Ida), biscuit with apple butter, and an orange.

Sounds yummy!