TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer, I think I figured it out. Thanks!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I just got my Fitbit today, but I'm slowly learning the features and friend requests are not getting figured out well. So here's the link that I think is what I need:

https://www.fitbit.com/user/5G2W4D
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Just logged my little bit of minutes for today. We are currently tied with Team 2 (They are 20 points ahead in challenge points, but we are crushing them on minutes/miles). Really need those challenge points to pull ahead. Going to take probably about 120+ minutes to get us to the next bonus 10 points for exercise.

We can do it Fab Fives!!
  • mvfeathers2
    mvfeathers2 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Well it's not a victory dance, but I have completed the dance mini challenge
  • b3achy
    Options
    Well it's not a victory dance, but I have completed the dance mini challenge

Well done! Those challenge points are always critical in these races! Great job for getting it done! (BTW, my dancing was pretty ugly...at least I only had my fur babies watching.)
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    iu9mr51y79iy.jpg
  • b3achy
    Options
    Wow, we're 95 points behind 1st place for the overall race standings/totals and 80 points behind 2nd place. At least we're still 20 points ahead of Team 2. We have 6 more weeks to push forward and move up some places! We can do it Fab Fives!!

w7jcvz19efmb.jpg
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options

WEEK THREE DESTINATION IS UP AND RUNNING!
    SPREADSHEET TO FOLLOW SOON!
    HAPPY RACING!

:)
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Good morning Fab Fives! We ended up tied with Team 2 for 3rd place, which isn't too bad considering we had a player inactive. Vanessa has been replaced with @Maidei -- so give her a warm Fabulous welcome!

Challenges should be doable... stair challenge, balance challenge, and staying under calories again 5/7 days.
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »
    Good morning Fab Fives! We ended up tied with Team 2 for 3rd place, which isn't too bad considering we had a player inactive. Vanessa has been replaced with @Maidei -- so give her a warm Fabulous welcome!

Challenges should be doable... stair challenge, balance challenge, and staying under calories again 5/7 days.

Welcome @Maidei, you're on the most FABULOUS team! Get ready to crank out that exercise, we're not used to being average, we are the . . . FAB FIVES!

Have a great week everyone, let's do this! Play time is OVER!

pvnex1t09hkt.jpg

• MiamiSeoul
    Options
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Wow - Teams 1 and 4 are cranking it out! Before the spreadsheet closed last night I looked it over a little bit - neither of those teams left any challenge points undone. We left 50 out there. Team 1 had NINE people hit 700 points, Team 4 had five. Ironically - we had six people with 700 points - but then we languished lower down.

I turned in 520 - so certainly I have a lot of room for improvement. 520 was by far the best I've ever done in this race, but I was just looking through my week trying to see if I can schedule in to hit 700. If this darn plantar fasciitis would clear up it would be so much easier - however - every time I've gone for a walk to test things - the heel flares up again - so I'll just have to suck it up and get on the stationery bike. My goal - this is going to be the week I hit 700! And get all the challenge points (the most important part!)
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to a new week! I'm glad we are doing the food challenge again, because that is one that really motivates me and I see results!!

I did the balance video this morning. I had a hard time with the one where you look both ways, and also the superman on the ball! I have little balance!!

We also went out for a speed training run this morning. We did a warm up, followed by 8 x 1 min running as fast as we could with a 30 second break in between. It was hard work!

Have a great Monday!
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @MiamiSeoul --- Thanks for the motivation!

@biketheworld --- glad the race is challenging you to do more, but don't push it with that injury! You have some running races coming up and you need to be healed up by then! :smile: -- Glad the stationary bike is a good option for you!

@Mrscanmore --- great job with the speed work! I have mile intervals tomorrow. I just bought some new running shoes since my other ones have about 450 miles on them, so I think I'm going to do the intervals on the treadmill tomorrow and see how that goes.

I noticed that @Maidei is from Australia, so she should be right at home with this weeks destination... kind of ironic. Also, looks like it is only 5AM there right now, so might be a few hours before she checks in.

Happy Monday!! Let's RACE!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Ahh, Austria has to be one of my top 3 places I want to visit! I seriously hope I get the chance to go sometime. It looks sooo beautiful and fun!

CHALLENGE #1: “THE SYDNEY BRIDGE CLIMB”
    2 videos + 1332 stairs

CHALLENGE #2: “CRIKEY! SURF’S UP!”
    Fitness Blender Beginner Balance Exercises x2

CHALLENGE #3: “NOT TOO MUCH SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE!”
    Stay under Calorie Goal 5 out of 7 days

Tuesday is my son's birthday and his Scout friends are throwing a little celebration... I am taking him to the movies on Friday... and Saturday is his party with our family... so I will really have to plan ahead to try and make this happen! I'm going to use my Fitbit app instead of MFP logging since I can actually see how many calories I am burning and leave enough for the desserts (or exercise the extra calories off when the parties are over!) I'll give up my Mochas this week and stick to water to help cut down on the calories. :disappointed:
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    If you are looking to find ways to get more minutes of exercise in during the day... try thinking about all the different types of exercise and how little chunks of minutes here and there can really add up! I use a Fitbit and it alerts me to get 250 steps each hour (I have a desk job) so I get up to walk 10-15 minutes every 2 hours... by the end of an 8 hour shift... that can add up to 40-60 extra minutes!

If walking isn't the best option for you, you could also do a few minutes of body weight exercises here and there. My favorites to do at work are chair dips, wall or desk push-ups, squats, and sumo squats. Oh, and wall sits while I'm waiting for my faxes to send. :lol:
  • MiamiSeoul
    edited February 2017
    Options
    WEEK THREE: RACING FOR THE GOLD!

CH #1: “THE SYDNEY BRIDGE CLIMB” (10 PTS)
    Completed Mon., 2/6
    1,834/1,332 STAIRS

CHALLENGE #2: “CRIKEY! SURF’S UP!” (10 PTS)
    FITNESS BLENDER BEG BALANCE EXERCISES (2X)

CH #3: “NOT TOO MUCH SHRIMP . . . !” (5 PTS)
    STAY BELOW/AT NET CALORIE GOAL FOR 5/7 DAYS!
    Completed 1/5

MINUTES/MILES
    6 Feb. 138 minutes (95 minutes walking + 43 minutes days 5 & 6, Feb. challenges)

2u80am56rni1.png

e6dhqgc3gxws.png

• b3achy
    edited February 2017
    Options
    G'day mates!

Sorry we lost @vanessa40, but totally understand. Hope all is well with her, despite us not hearing from her last week. :/

WELCOME @Maidei to the Fab Fives! :smiley: Hopefully, you'll take some time to introduce yourself so we can get to know you better. So since you're from Sydney Australia, I want to know if you can get us extra team points if you actually do the Sydney Bridge climb this week instead of just the step challenge. What do you think @hawkins410 ?! :wink:

Looking forward to getting to Australia! Not only is it one of my bucket list items, I want to track down the gents from this video...Travis Grant is ranked #3 in the world in 2016 for Stand Up Paddleboard Racing, and Dale Chapman designed my new race board that I purchased late last year. I will be racing the NSP DC 12'6" / 25.5" version of these boards this year. I'm that 'general public' that they are talking about...lol. Hopefully, the boys can give me some good SUP racing tips. :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haQr6HURCoA

And here's a fun fact...Tampa FL and Australia have an interesting connection...I know many of you may think Outback is an Australian restaurant, but the original one is actually about 5 miles from my house in Tampa. Outback is a Tampa FL based company.

The extent of my "Australian" is..."Fosters, mate!"

ETA: @MiamiSeoul - girl, you are a beast! Well done on getting the step challenge already knocked out! And awesome minutes already!! You go girl!!
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I made this for supper tonight. It was really good! Thought you might be interested @hawkins410 since I think you said your partner is a vegetarian. You could also add some grilled chicken to it.
    http://hapanom.com/quinoa-burrito-bowl/