TEAM FOUR

Options

Replies

• bowlt
    bowlt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    For any of the newbies here - my suggestion for tracking the stairs is to use your notes app on your phone (assuming you have one). For instance I have one set of stairs in my house and 16 stairs so I set something like this up and keep track of how many times I've done the stairs, then add them up every once in a while. For other random stairs, I count them and jot the number down in my note and then add those up whenever I get the chance. You cannot use what Fitbit says for "floors climbed" it's super inaccurate. betovkecb20g.png

That is exactly what I was doing today too. I got in 416 today.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Knocked out 470 stairs today. Definitely don't think I'll need to hit the stair climber. I might do it anyways just for the heck of it. I don't get on that thing often but when I do I always have a great sweat sesh!!
    I didn't have much of an appetite today. Didn't even eat lunch -_- But hey, I stayed under my cals!
    I also got a good number of minutes today! If the week keeps going like this, I'll hit 700 no problem.
    I'm still feeling a little sick, but grateful it seems to mostly be a stuffy nose which I'd much rather deal with than a sore throat and cough! That and I'm sleepy, but I think yesterdays events are playing a big part in that ;)
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Ok Smashers, Stairs done by double! Balance challenge done! Stayed under calories by getting on those stairs and the stair stepper kept me from the kitchen! :D
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Week 3 Mondays Update
    WEEK THREE: RACING FOR THE GOLD!
    DESTINATION: THE GOLD COAST OF AUSTRALIA! MILES: 5991

FIRST WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEOS (STAY ACTIVE AND COUNT THE MINUTES!) TOTAL 13 MIN
    VIDEO 1 - BRIDGE CLIMB (1:30)
    VIDEO 2 - CLIMBING SYDNEY HARBOUR BRIDGE (3:15)
    VIDEO 3 - GOLF COAST/AUSTRALIA TRAVEL GUIDE (4:50)
    VIDEO 4 - NEW GOLD COAST TOURISM (3:15)

CHALLENGE #1: “THE SYDNEY BRIDGE CLIMB” (10 POINTS)

THE BRIDGE CLIMB IS ONLY 1332 STAIRS! YOU MAY COUNT UP AND DOWN! :) YOU MAY USE A STAIRMASTER! ONE FLOOR/FLIGHT = 12 STEPS/STAIRS.

150 STAIRS/1332 STAIRS DONE!

MON - 150 STAIRS
    TUE -
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

CHALLENGE #2: “CRIKEY! SURF’S UP!” (10 POINTS)

COMPLETE THE FITNESS BLENDER BEGINNER BALANCE EXERCISES TWICE (2X). THIS SHOULD TAKE ~30 MINUTES.

0X/2X DONE!

CHALLENGE #3: “NOT TOO MUCH SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE!” (5 POINTS)

SIMPLY STAY BELOW OR AT YOUR NET CALORIE GOAL FOR 5 OUT OF 7 DAYS!

1/7 DAYS DONE!

MINUTES -

MON - 155 MIN
    TUE -
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -
  • mari_moulin
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Good Morning Smashers. Just coming in to say HI. I have a confession to make. Stairs are NOT my friend. I really struggle with them because of my bad knee. I have stairs in my home that have 15 steps which count as 30 steps up and down (if I understood down steps also count) I might take these stairs an average of 5-6 times a day max and I don't do steps at the gym. This is going to be a difficult challenge for me to complete. I promise however that I will really really try.

1332-150 from yesterday = 1182 stairs left.
    1182/6 days left for this week = 197 stairs.
    I will have to do 197 stairs or 6.5 times up and down my stair case a day to achieve my goal by Sunday. Its doable. I will try my best to go up and down 10 times a day. I've already done 5 this morning. ugh hate stairs.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
  • aim630
    aim630 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm not fond of stairs either. The flight of stairs to our basement is 12 steps. I went up and down 22 times yesterday (not all at once). I had a lot of laundry to do so killing 2 birds with one stone I guess. If I go up and down 15 times each day between now and Sunday, I'll make the goal. Thanks to @Smashley914 for the idea of keeping track on my phone. I did the fitness blender once yesterday, and I have terrible balance. I'm frustrated with the scale. Every day I get on, thinking today it will surely be down, and it just stays the same or goes up a little bit. My husband is not putting in any effort into working out, and is losing every day. He used to drink a lot of pop and sweet tea, so cutting that out made a big difference in his calories every day.

Have a nice day everyone and keep up the good work!
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Stairs are definitely not my favourite thing to do right now. I have a torn PCL in my left knee and on Friday I was told I had to wear a more restrictive brace when I am doing my daily activities, luckily I see the surgeon at the end of March and find out if I need surgery most likely do but not sure which surgery and how extensive it will be. At least on Saturday the physio therapist gave me a work out routine that I can do mostly have to restrict bending my knee to much and doing any weight machines with my legs.

Luckily I have 25 stairs in my house for the top floor to the basement so I tend to climb those about ten times a day. So I should be able to get my steps in this week for this challenge and the gym I go to has twenty steps to get to it from the main floor.

Monday - 450 stairs

450 stairs/1332 stairs
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin I have been LOVING your layout for tracking, i would like to use it if you dont mind.

FIRST WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEOS (STAY ACTIVE AND COUNT THE MINUTES!) TOTAL 13 MIN
    VIDEO 1 - BRIDGE CLIMB (1:30) DONE
    VIDEO 2 - CLIMBING SYDNEY HARBOUR BRIDGE (3:15) DONE
    VIDEO 3 - GOLF COAST/AUSTRALIA TRAVEL GUIDE (4:50) DONE
    VIDEO 4 - NEW GOLD COAST TOURISM (3:15) DONE

CHALLENGE #1: “THE SYDNEY BRIDGE CLIMB” (10 POINTS)

THE BRIDGE CLIMB IS ONLY 1332 STAIRS! YOU MAY COUNT UP AND DOWN! :) YOU MAY USE A STAIRMASTER! ONE FLOOR/FLIGHT = 12 STEPS/STAIRS.

0 STAIRS/1332 STAIRS DONE!

MON - 0- gotta get step'n !
    TUE -
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

CHALLENGE #2: “CRIKEY! SURF’S UP!” (10 POINTS)

COMPLETE THE FITNESS BLENDER BEGINNER BALANCE EXERCISES TWICE (2X). THIS SHOULD TAKE ~30 MINUTES.

1X/2X DONE!
    My balance on the ball is atrocious..LOL

CHALLENGE #3: “NOT TOO MUCH SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE!” (5 POINTS)

SIMPLY STAY BELOW OR AT YOUR NET CALORIE GOAL FOR 5 OUT OF 7 DAYS!

1/7 DAYS DONE!

MINUTES - need 100+ per day to reach the limit of 700

MON - 121 MIN
    TUE -
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Hi all! We are headed to our conference. I have packed exercise clothes & food to make sure I am as successful as possible I have upped my calories to maintenance for this week, (which I would have done even if we weren't having a net calorie challenge)).

I may not max out on minutes this week. I am not sure I will have time, but I will do my best to get something in everyday.

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Hi all! We are headed to our conference. I have packed exercise clothes & food to make sure I am as successful as possible I have upped my calories to maintenance for this week, (which I would have done even if we weren't having a net calorie challenge)).

I may not max out on minutes this week. I am not sure I will have time, but I will do my best to get something in everyday.

You are preparing for success!!! Even if you don't max out we know you are contributing with as much as you can! Have fun at the conference!!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    @mari_moulin I have been LOVING your layout for tracking, i would like to use it if you dont mind.

Of course you can use it! I find it easier to keep track of it all since there is so much. Anyone is more than welcome to use it. Its SMASHERS property!
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    So I had a bad fall this morning...slipped on the rain-covered icy snow and fell right on my left bum cheek :P. Also scraped up my right elbow. Weird how I got both sides. I still managed to finish my run, but I was pretty slow (which I guess is actually good for this challenge because I got more minutes in!). But yeah, I'm feeling it now. Hoping I can still keep up as it heals.

I was really planning to do some upper body exercises last night but I had a killer headache and turned in early. I'll try to make up for it later.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    So I had a bad fall this morning...slipped on the rain-covered icy snow and fell right on my left bum cheek :P. Also scraped up my right elbow. Weird how I got both sides. I still managed to finish my run, but I was pretty slow (which I guess is actually good for this challenge because I got more minutes in!). But yeah, I'm feeling it now. Hoping I can still keep up as it heals.

I was really planning to do some upper body exercises last night but I had a killer headache and turned in early. I'll try to make up for it later.

Oh no! That really sucks. I hope you heal up quickly. That happened to me awhile back except it wasn't ice it was a very large chestnut lol scraped all over cause I fell downhill and rolled down a little :s .
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    @mari_moulin & @aim630 good job thinking of the easiest way to tackle the stair challenge! Way to break it down and figure out what you have to do ;) Proud of you both!!

@aim630 maybe avoid the scale for a few days, do you take measurements or progress photos? Those can be the best way to show change, the scale is a dirty liar.

@lpeltenburg have fun at the conference! Good job prepping.

@carinamenina sorry about your fall!! Hopefully you heal up quickly.

• AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    I sent my son back to school today, got a call an hour in that he wasn't feeling well :( I was really hoping he would feel better once he was with all of his friends.
    Anywho, this cleaning schedule is getting harder. I think it's wearing on me because I'm cleaning stuff I haven't cleaned literally since we moved in 3 years ago. So some of it is taking a little extra elbow grease and time. I'm confident it'll get easier next month when I'm only cleaning one month of buildup. That's what's keeping me going, plus in the morning the day after I scrub something I really appreciate how it looks. Motivation to keep truckin!! I think this cold/sinus issue is slowing me down, too. It's making me sleepy. My sinus headache was so bad after the gym that it hurt to open my eyes :(
    Hubby had to leave early for work so I didn't get as many minutes as yesterday, but I'm gonna do more workouts, maybe even the videos, once I'm done with my cleaning for the day.

Happy Tuesday Smashers!!
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey guys - so kind of a silly question, but for this stairs challenge are we counting like the flight of stairs or the steps? For example, I went up and down stairs 20 times yesterday - is that just 20 out of the challenge goal or is that the 20 X 12, so 240 out of the goal?
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    ddeliciosa wrote: »
    Hey guys - so kind of a silly question, but for this stairs challenge are we counting like the flight of stairs or the steps? For example, I went up and down stairs 20 times yesterday - is that just 20 out of the challenge goal or is that the 20 X 12, so 240 out of the goal?

It would be the 20x12 = 240
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    Team one is almost 100 points ahead of us :o Race, race, race, Smashers!!
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My kids ruined my plans for exercise this morning. I was going to go to the rec center and go swimming to give my foot a break; stupid plantar fasciitis. Instead, I took my son to school for an early baseball practice and then I had to take my daughter to the doctor's for her back. Then home to hook up my husband for dialysis. I will get in at least 100 minutes today though. Not sure what I'll do, but I will do something.

@carinamenina I took a digger a few weeks ago. I tripped on the sidewalk because I'm that cool. :D My hip was pretty tender for awhile. Hope you heal quickly.

Team 1 can be in first all week, then we can sneak in and steal it from them on Sunday like they keep doing to us. :p