TEAM FOUR

Options

Replies

• MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I just narrowed the gap but team 1 is still ahead. I was planning on running today but the rain had decided to kill that sport. SO i will get on my elliptical. My weekend started this afternoon so i will work the steps the next couple days. I also finished off challenge #2 today.

LETS KEEP IT GOING SMASHERS!!!
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    Today i watched the DR's TV show. One thing that stood out to me with all the info they gave out was, 1-2 drinks per day is actually a healthy habit for women. GO FIGURE !! As long as you are able to keep yourself under control then its a good thing. WELL YOU CAN COUNT ME IN ..LOL I was basically doing that anyway but now i know that i can and not have to worry bout it.
    ALSO if you do a MAJOR workout you CAN have your ICE CREAM and it would be GOOD for you. AGAIN in moderation..LOL Just thought i would put that out there for you all.
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    @SmashleyM914 are you doing a monthly cleaning schedule that you found online?
    @carinamenina take time to heal before you get back running :smile:

Did the videos while active yesterday and today I did the first of the balance video. I actually like the balance video and think I'll incorporate it more into my routine as its something I definitely need to improve on. The superman on the physioball was pretty hilarious. I'm back to work tomorrow so will get the stairs started then.

I'm still on track to get the 700 for the week and should be able to stay under my cals without too much trouble, just don't have much of an appetite so far this week. Stairs are probably my least favorite but I will get them done :wink:
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    @darcijojo Oh man, sounds like a super busy day. I don't know how some of the moms on our team are able to juggle it all and kick some serious butt, you all are very inspiring!

I'm currently 2/5 days under calories, 696/1332 stair steps in, and 123/700 minutes for the week. Planning to do the balance video tomorrow.

Team 1 is ahead by 81 points. Keep in mind our members @lynnbaum, @mckeon11, @Queen_S_01, and @ShansGotGoals haven't logged yet for the week, so hopefully that'll bump us up. Team 1 is also missing logging from 3 members as well. I remember last week too there was a member on team 1 that didn't log all week until the weekend and that threw us off a bit. We both had 490 challenge points, so it really came down to minutes. We can do it smashers!!!
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin and @mommy2ajs Thank you both for working so hard on those stairs!

@ddeliciosa Loved the pictures! They made me laugh.

So after doing one of the balance videos I realize my balance sucks. Seriously, how am I not just toppling over as I walk? I managed to get in 70 minutes of exercise so far today and I still have to do my yoga. I'll have at least 100 minutes for today. I'm still on track for my 700 minutes for the week. I wanted to get a little extra built up these first few days, so I had a cushion in case I decided to be lazy this weekend. Oh well. I'm glad I didn't slack off the whole day because I did contemplate doing just that this afternoon.

Keep up the great work, Smashers! I'm off for Day 9 of yoga. Can't believe I've actually made it 9 days in a row. Yay me!

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Week 3 Tuesday Update - Sorry Team I haven't been on top of my game but I will be catching up with all the videos today and attempting more stairs. Happy HUMP Day all!!
    WEEK THREE: RACING FOR THE GOLD!
    DESTINATION: THE GOLD COAST OF AUSTRALIA! MILES: 5991

FIRST WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEOS (STAY ACTIVE AND COUNT THE MINUTES!) TOTAL 13 MIN
    VIDEO 1 - BRIDGE CLIMB (1:30)
    VIDEO 2 - CLIMBING SYDNEY HARBOUR BRIDGE (3:15)
    VIDEO 3 - GOLF COAST/AUSTRALIA TRAVEL GUIDE (4:50)
    VIDEO 4 - NEW GOLD COAST TOURISM (3:15)

CHALLENGE #1: “THE SYDNEY BRIDGE CLIMB” (10 POINTS)

THE BRIDGE CLIMB IS ONLY 1332 STAIRS! YOU MAY COUNT UP AND DOWN! :) YOU MAY USE A STAIRMASTER! ONE FLOOR/FLIGHT = 12 STEPS/STAIRS.

420 STAIRS/1332 STAIRS DONE!

MON - 150 STAIRS
    TUE - 270 STAIRS
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

CHALLENGE #2: “CRIKEY! SURF’S UP!” (10 POINTS)

COMPLETE THE FITNESS BLENDER BEGINNER BALANCE EXERCISES TWICE (2X). THIS SHOULD TAKE ~30 MINUTES.

0X/2X DONE!

CHALLENGE #3: “NOT TOO MUCH SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE!” (5 POINTS)

SIMPLY STAY BELOW OR AT YOUR NET CALORIE GOAL FOR 5 OUT OF 7 DAYS!

2/7 DAYS DONE!

MINUTES -

295 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 155 MIN
    TUE - 140 MIN
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    @ddeliciosa - OMG those pictures had me cracking up! Thanks for sharing that!

@darcijojo - I had to cut my workout short this morning because my sons school called that he wasn't feeling well. Had to stop mid workout and go get him. I will have to make up for that here at home doing some DVD's.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    @Scherzie yes I am!! It's on a blog called lamberts lately. So far I'm really loving it, I'm half way through week 2 and even my husband is like "wow, our house is so clean. Have you been cleaning all day lately?" Really it takes me an hour or 2 per day, sometimes longer depending if its something that's been cleaned regularly or not. My house was never really messy before, but I've learned over the past week and a half that it was "dirtier" than I thought :s All the stuff you don't want to tackle when you're cleaning the whole house in one day - deep cleaning the washer & dryer, cleaning the trash cans, blinds, wiping down the doors walls and baseboards. All junk like that.

@ddeliciosa those pictures killed me :D

@mari_moulin I got a call from my sons school yesterday, too :( Luckily during the work day instead of my workout. One of the many perks of working out at 4:30 am :D
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    I'm soooo sore today. I was grateful my workout plan called for foam rolling, not too much abs and low intensity steady State cardio today. My muscles are feeling a little looser after that. Tomorrow's another intense upper body day, so hopefully I'll have time to squeeze in a bath tonight and help my muscles recover a bit more.
  • aim630
    aim630 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    @ddeliciosa Loved the pictures!

@Smashley914 I need to check out that website. My house needs some deep cleaning!

I figured out my weight gain. TOM-didn't realize it was that time already. I've had horrible cramps the past 2 days. After 25 years on the pill, I didn't remember how bad the cramps could be. Oh well, I have my heating pad on here at work. I finished the balance videos, and have 492 stairs done. I was able to walk outside yesterday, it was quite warm for February in Ohio (almost 60). It is going to cool down today, but the weekend is supposed to be warmer, so if I can dodge the raindrops, I might be able to get outside and get some walks in.

The moms in this group inspire me also! My daughter is 23 and married, so I have no obligations (other than work and my husband, he's like a big kid sometimes) to keep me from working out.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    @aim630 I highly recommend it!! It's worked great so far, and I'm even more excited about next month because I'm interested to see how much easier it is since I won't be scrubbing 3 years of grime (could be longer, from the previous owners - gross!) off of stuff haha.
    Also, my husband is like a big kid too, so it's like I have 2 kids at home! Haha
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    @SmashleyM914 - enjoy that bath!! I think its well deserved after all that hard work! Well done.

@lpeltenburg - I'm so glad you made it to your conference and were able to enjoy it! Well done getting to the fitness center. I also say I will when I travel and never actually do. Hubby is on a business trip and he says he made it to the fitness center this time...this is his 7th or 8th time there lol but the first time getting a work out in at the hotel.

@aim630 - I get the same way that TOM. Hope it passes quickly for you. Well done with those steps! Enjoy the wine lucky girl!

Well I've finally caught up with those videos. HOLY MOLY it was hard!! I have zero balance and I was cramping all up and down my legs, even my toes!
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    FIRST WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEOS (STAY ACTIVE AND COUNT THE MINUTES!) TOTAL 13 MIN
    VIDEO 1 - BRIDGE CLIMB (1:30) DONE
    VIDEO 2 - CLIMBING SYDNEY HARBOUR BRIDGE (3:15) DONE
    VIDEO 3 - GOLF COAST/AUSTRALIA TRAVEL GUIDE (4:50) DONE
    VIDEO 4 - NEW GOLD COAST TOURISM (3:15) DONE

CHALLENGE #1: “THE SYDNEY BRIDGE CLIMB” (10 POINTS)

THE BRIDGE CLIMB IS ONLY 1332 STAIRS! YOU MAY COUNT UP AND DOWN! :) YOU MAY USE A STAIRMASTER! ONE FLOOR/FLIGHT = 12 STEPS/STAIRS.

62 STAIRS/1332 STAIRS DONE!

MON - 0- gotta get step'n !
    TUE - 62
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

CHALLENGE #2: “CRIKEY! SURF’S UP!” (10 POINTS)

COMPLETE THE FITNESS BLENDER BEGINNER BALANCE EXERCISES TWICE (2X). THIS SHOULD TAKE ~30 MINUTES.

2X/2X DONE!
    My balance on the ball is atrocious..LOL

CHALLENGE #3: “NOT TOO MUCH SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE!” (5 POINTS)

SIMPLY STAY BELOW OR AT YOUR NET CALORIE GOAL FOR 5 OUT OF 7 DAYS!

2/7 DAYS DONE!

MINUTES - need 100+ per day to reach the limit of 700

MON - 121
    TUE - 140
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -
  • MonicaA2013
    Options
    So i just checked the spreadsheet and we are down by 100 :( BUT the good thing is most of us haven't logged any minutes yet and a lot of them have :# SO after we start getting our minutes put in we should be looking good . I plan on getting my stairs in today and that will add some minutes for the team plus the challenge points. I will be working hard to max out my minutes this week, so far so good. After today i should be in a good position to make the 700 cap easy.
    LETS GO SMASHERS !!!
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Yesterday was a bit busy so I didn't get as much time to work out as I had hoped. I'm planning to do better today. I've got the stairs and the videos done and have been under calories 2 days so far.

@SmashleyM914 thank you for the website information! I'm going to try it! I have always been a bit challenged in the cleaning arena. My sister gave me a picture for my birthday a couple years ago that hangs in my entry that says "My house was clean last week. Sorry you missed it!" That is the story of my life!
  • darcijojo
    Options
    Halfway to my minutes for the day. I'm making sure I get at least 100 a day to max out this week. Sounds like we are all doing well with that. My stairs are done and I'll do the balance video again today to complete that challenge. I've also been under my calorie goal both days. I'm off to have lunch with my grandma for her birthday. She turned 88 yesterday. <3
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    @tarpguys you're welcome! I really love it!

@darcijojo happy birthday to your gram!!

I'm having a bad day!! Not feeling great and muscles are so sore. I'm craving sweets and salty foods, and wine. I'll be over my calories today, I'm sorry! I'll have to get my 5th day done one day this weekend. Unless I get some more exercise in. Maybe I'll opt for some yoga, it'll help my muscles and probably my mood, too!
    We'll have to see.

Happy hump day, Smashers!!
  • darcijojo
    Options
    @SmashleyM914 Thank you! I've also been craving sweets today. I had a cookie for breakfast, and not some health cookie. It was a chocolate chip and m&m cookie. It was also delicious. At my grandma's they always serve dessert, so blueberry cake for me there also. Luckily those pieces are small, but still.