Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• emerrywe
    emerrywe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 1 done. Only one more day of intervals and then just full runs from then on. Stopping and starting today was almost harder than the 20 min run. I felt like I was just hitting my stride when it told me to start walking. Wow. In 2 weeks I will be running 30 mins!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Just realized I have to start getting up earlier to fit my run in starting week 6. Guess I'm getting up at 5 now.

It's family day in BC, so I dont' have to work tomorrow, but I'll get up and run anyway.
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    @tacklewasher what part of bc?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @showjumper Okanagan
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    emerrywe wrote: »
    Week 6 Day 1 done. Only one more day of intervals and then just full runs from then on. Stopping and starting today was almost harder than the 20 min run. I felt like I was just hitting my stride when it told me to start walking. Wow. In 2 weeks I will be running 30 mins!

that's so true. It so pisses me off when my shoelace gets loose and i have to stop. Completely ruins my momentum, especially when it's during my fast runs. I also feel more tired, like i have to work harder to go from a full stop to running again.
  • khogue1990
    khogue1990 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    W5D1 completed!
  • fitchick37
    fitchick37 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi, just found this group. I did Week 4, Day 2 yesterday, I ache....need more fluids and better warm up and stretches!
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Finished w7d3 today. Nice sunny day. It was 28 f, but I completely over dressed. We have a heat wave coming the next few weeks, so I'm going to have to drop the outer layer.
  • showjumper
    Options
    @showjumper Okanagan

Nice, I originate from the Queen City of the West Kootenays! Enjoy your Family Day today... ours is next Monday!
  • FitCurves1818
    FitCurves1818 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    W5D2 complete. I got thru the 8 min runs. The 2nd one was tough but I think it was because I upped my speed a little the first 8. I got through it though and didn't stop even though I was tempted. Nervous for the next workout
  • upsaluki
    Options
    W5D2 complete. I got thru the 8 min runs. The 2nd one was tough but I think it was because I upped my speed a little the first 8. I got through it though and didn't stop even though I was tempted. Nervous for the next workout

You'll knock it out of the park.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    showjumper wrote: »
    Ok I almost procrastinated myself out of running tonight... I did get W6D2 done tonight! I started at 9:49pm and it wasn't great... but it's in the books now. Unfortunately, so are the intervals!

I like it when the intervals go away. Less to have to worry about. You can just run.
  • showjumper
    Options
    @upsaluki I'm looking forward to my run tonight.... I will be starting at a better time though... aiming for 7:30
  • donnapal79
    donnapal79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Did W2D2 at 5 this morning. I'm still amazed I can run for 90 seconds. Also glad I live in a warm climate so morning runs aren't too difficult.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options

You'll do great. Just remember not to rush too fast when you start out. Steady even pace will get you through! Good luck!
  • woodwardtm
    Options
    showjumper wrote: »
    Ok I almost procrastinated myself out of running tonight... I did get W6D2 done tonight! I started at 9:49pm and it wasn't great... but it's in the books now. Unfortunately, so are the intervals!

Way to get it done! Sometimes I think it is almost easier without the intervals. The starting and stopping is more tempting for me not to start again! LOL

I am headed out shortly for W7D1. It is sunny and 34F. I am hoping for no wind.
  • woodwardtm
    Options
    upsaluki wrote: »
    Finished w7d3 today. Nice sunny day. It was 28 f, but I completely over dressed. We have a heat wave coming the next few weeks, so I'm going to have to drop the outer layer.

Wow! You are progressing quickly through the weeks! Way to stick to it.
  • fitchick37
    fitchick37 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I ticked off w4d3...still super achy in the calf muscles, need to sort that
  • woodwardtm
    Options
    w7d1 complete on my lunch break. The way work is going, I would rather go out and run another session! Not a great day here. Here's to better tomorrows...