TEAM FOUR

Replies

• Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    1. WHAT DID YOU TRY? Millet and Brown Rice Ramen noodles

2. TELL US ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE. I've liked Ramen but never eat it as it has way too much sodium, saw these in Costco and each cake has 8g of protein (I am trying to increase), takes approximate 3 minutes to make once water boils. They don't taste quite the same as regular ramen (texture is slighly chewier) but with a little sesame oil and plenty of veggies it is a great and quick meal when I get home from work late and need to eat immediately.
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Happy to report it was warmer here in Wisconsin so we went out for dinner. Why is this important you ask?? Because it is 1/2 hour there and half back. 60 min.+ 15 from the whole CRS of running up and down the stairs Good day
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Scherzie wrote: »
    1. WHAT DID YOU TRY? Millet and Brown Rice Ramen noodles

2. TELL US ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE. I've liked Ramen but never eat it as it has way too much sodium, saw these in Costco and each cake has 8g of protein (I am trying to increase), takes approximate 3 minutes to make once water boils. They don't taste quite the same as regular ramen (texture is slighly chewier) but with a little sesame oil and plenty of veggies it is a great and quick meal when I get home from work late and need to eat immediately.

Healthy ramen?! I need to look into this. I eat way more ramen than I like to admit lol. It is soooo salty though, I feel like a beached whale afterwards!
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    edited February 2017
    The weather is suppose to be really nice here this weekend so hopefully I can get outside and maybe take the kids to the zoo and get a good walk in there if we do the whole zoo it is 10km.

WEEK FOUR: TUK TUK TO THAILAND!
    DESTINATION: CHIANG RAI, THAILAND! MILES: 5019

VIDEO 1 - CHIANG RAI - HEAVEN OF THE NORTH - 6 MINUTES FOR WATCHING - DONE
    VIDEO 2 - 12 THINGS NOT TO DO IN THAILAND - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING - DONE

CHALLENGE #1: “MUAY THAI ANYONE?” (10 POINTS) - DONE

MUAY THAI (NOT “MAI TAI”!) IS THE NATIONAL SPORT OF THAILAND. IT IS A COMBAT SPORT LIKE NO OTHERS! FIGHTERS USE THEIR KNEES, ELBOWS, SHINS AND HANDS TO IMPLEMENT BONE CRUSHING STRIKES!

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINT FOR CHALLENGE #1 COMPLETE THE 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING VIDEO. YOU CAN ALSO DO OPTION #1: 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING WORK ON YOUR ABS WITH JESSICA SMITH AND PEANUT OR OPTION #2: COMPLETE ALL OF THREE SMALLER VIDEOS 3 TIMES (3X) EACH. IF YOU CHOOSE THIS OPTION YOU MUST COMPLETE 9 VIDEOS (3X3).

1 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE! OR 0X3/3X3 DONE

CHALLENGE #2 : “SABAI (RELAX!) YOUR FEET!” (10 POINTS) - DONE

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #2, MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN A COMFORTABLE POSITION HAVE ON LOOSE CLOTHING AND SOME NICE LOTION OR OIL IS FUN TOO! SIMPLY DO THE FOUR YOUTUBE VIDEOS TWICE EACH (ONCE FOR EACH FOOT). ***YOUR MASSAGE MINUTES MAY COUNT FOR YOUR MILEAGE MINUTES.

VIDEO 1 (10 MIN) - 2/2 DONE
    VIDEO 2 (6.5 MIN) - 2/2 DONE
    VIDEO 3 (3.29 MIN) - 2/2 DONE
    VIDEO 4 (4.02 MIN) - 2/2 DONE

CHALLENGE #3: “GRAB A BAG OF BUGS!” (5 POINTS). - DONE

TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #3 JUST EAT SOMETHING YOU’VE BEEN AFRAID TO TRY OR HAVE TRIED IN THE PAST AND DIDN’T LIKE! YOU MUST POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD:

1. WHAT YOU TRIED
    2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE THEN (AND ONLY THEN) PUT YOUR “ 5” IN THE CHALLENGE #3 BOX (AT THE SAME TIME AS YOUR POST)! IMPORTANT: YOU MUST FOLLOW THE FORMAT EXACTLY, OR YOU WILL NOT GET CREDIT!

1. WHAT DID YOU TRY?

2. TELL US ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE.

MINUTES -

359 minutes / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 75 minutes
    TUE -85 minutes
    WED - 94 minutes
    THU - 45 minutes
    FRI - 60 minutes
    SAT -
    SUN -

• bowlt
    bowlt Posts: 40 Member
    What I Tried: Roasted Garlic Hummus

What I thought: I have never tried hummus before, it was so-so. I don't think it would be something I would feel like buying again.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Happy Saturday Smahshers!

I have finished all challenges & I might need a rest day tomorrow. I hope to have enough energy for a 30 minute run. My in-laws are coming for a visit so I might just need a really good long walk. Who knows what will happen.

It is so nice outside I think I will grab a book & sit outside for a bit.

Enjoy your Saturday!
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    I feel like I've been MIA this week. Still been working out, but haven't been on the board much. Super busy sitting in the stands at basketball games. I did take time in between games and waiting for son after the games to walk around. :smile: We are going out today to celebrate my birthday (Monday) with my family. I'm on track for 700 minutes again this week and I've almost completed the massage challenge. My sister said something about bringing me a persimmon to try, so I might have that one done today also. If not, I will get it done tomorrow. I haven't missed a challenge point in two races, not starting now. Hope everyone has a great Saturday!
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    WEEK FOUR: TUK TUK TO THAILAND!
    DESTINATION: CHIANG RAI, THAILAND! MILES: 5019

VIDEO 1 - CHIANG RAI - HEAVEN OF THE NORTH - 6 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 2 - 12 THINGS NOT TO DO IN THAILAND - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE

CHALLENGE #1: “MUAY THAI ANYONE?” (10 POINTS)

MUAY THAI (NOT “MAI TAI”!) IS THE NATIONAL SPORT OF THAILAND. IT IS A COMBAT SPORT LIKE NO OTHERS! FIGHTERS USE THEIR KNEES, ELBOWS, SHINS AND HANDS TO IMPLEMENT BONE CRUSHING STRIKES!

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINT FOR CHALLENGE #1 COMPLETE THE 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING VIDEO. YOU CAN ALSO DO OPTION #1: 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING WORK ON YOUR ABS WITH JESSICA SMITH AND PEANUT OR OPTION #2: COMPLETE ALL OF THREE SMALLER VIDEOS 3 TIMES (3X) EACH. IF YOU CHOOSE THIS OPTION YOU MUST COMPLETE 9 VIDEOS (3X3).

1 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE
    OR
    0/1 VIDEO W/JESSICA & PEANUT DONE
    OR
    0X3/3X3 DONE

CHALLENGE #2 : “SABAI (RELAX!) YOUR FEET!” (10 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #2, MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN A COMFORTABLE POSITION HAVE ON LOOSE CLOTHING AND SOME NICE LOTION OR OIL IS FUN TOO! SIMPLY DO THE FOUR YOUTUBE VIDEOS TWICE EACH (ONCE FOR EACH FOOT). ***YOUR MASSAGE MINUTES MAY COUNT FOR YOUR MILEAGE MINUTES.

VIDEO 1 (10 MIN) - 2/2 DONE
    VIDEO 2 (6.5 MIN) - 2/2 DONE
    VIDEO 3 (3.29 MIN) - 2/2 DONE
    VIDEO 4 (4.02 MIN) - 2/2 DONE

CHALLENGE #3: “GRAB A BAG OF BUGS!” (5 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #3 JUST EAT SOMETHING YOU’VE BEEN AFRAID TO TRY OR HAVE TRIED IN THE PAST AND DIDN’T LIKE! YOU MUST POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD:

1. WHAT YOU TRIED
    2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE THEN (AND ONLY THEN) PUT YOUR “ 5” IN THE CHALLENGE #3 BOX (AT THE SAME TIME AS YOUR POST)! IMPORTANT: YOU MUST FOLLOW THE FORMAT EXACTLY, OR YOU WILL NOT GET CREDIT!

1. WHAT DID YOU TRY?

2. TELL US ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE.

MINUTES -

722 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 82
    TUE - 140
    WED - 120
    THU - 106
    FRI - 124
    SAT - 150
    SUN -

I am caught up !!! Now i just need to get challenge #3 done !!
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    I just checked and We are ONLY 5 POINTS BEHIND FIRST PLACE !!!! LET'S GETT'M THIS WEEK !!!
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    I just finished the reflexology challenge and I am very close to maxing out this week. I hope to get those last few minutes this evening. Hope you all are doing well!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    We've really closed the gap on 1st place! We're doing great , Smashers!! Keep it goin <3
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    I went to the outside outlet mall Walked around for 3 hours. I am giving myself credit for this because I walked fast and returned to the car when I bought something. I walked pretty fast and the reason I am taking credit for this is because it included fast walking and no food. I walked into a bakery outlet and walked back out. Everything would be bread and snack type foods. I could of gotten a gallon if goldfish crackers. Did a big pass. Strawberries were $.99 at the woodmans Score.
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    edited February 2017
    Challenge # 3 - Grab a bag of bugs!

1. What did you try?
    Peanut Butter Overnight Oats

2. Tell us about your experience:
    The first time I tried them I just couldn't get myself to eat them cold. They are meant to be eaten cold but I heated it. Oh it was way too sweet....the dark chocolate chips.melted and that just made it sweeter! I used organic honey to sweeten it - recipe called for stevia or sweetener like that but I don't use them so I used honey. Definitely didn't need the honey or an addl sweetner. I ate them again this morning but cold. I actually liked them better cold once I got past the texture - it really weirded me out. Also weird thing eating rhem cold they didnt seem as sweet! I will try this again for sure. Maybe with fruit would be better?
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Oh, what a Saturday. Started out at 4am with my feverish 9-year-old (who is the size of a 12-year-old, seriously, he's huge) crawling into bed with me because he couldn't sleep. Which of course meant I got no sleep either after that...oh well. But! I did another one of those kickboxing videos, then did a slow 12-mile run, then finished up the night with the rest of the massage videos. All challenges done! I'm 102 minutes behind the full 700. Sundays are usually very much a rest day for me as I recover from my long Saturday runs, but I will try to do something tomorrow to at least get closer to the 700 for the week and help the team :) G'night, Smashers!
  • darcijojo
    Challenge 3
    1. What did you try?
    Dried Persimmon
    2. Tell us about your experience.
    I'd never had a persimmon and had no idea what to expect besides the fact that the bag said it's a citrus. Didn't really taste like citrus to me at all. In fact, I thought it tasted like a sweet potato. It wasn't the best thing I've ever had, but it also wasn't the worst. I might snack on the rest of the bag.

• darcijojo
    One more massage video to go and about an hour to max out.
    @ShansGotGoals I've made overnight oats before and my daughter loves them. I had some recipes that used several different combinations. She's asked me to make them again for her and I just haven't done it. Maybe I should do that and surprise her.

@carinamenina Hope your boy is feeling better.

@lynnbaum That's some great minutes and good job passing up the baked goods.
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Hey everyone! Friday sure was an interesting day for me. It was my friend's birthday and she absolutely LOVES seafood. I went along thinking I'll get the salmon or something. I entered a whole new world. I tried 4 new things that night, although nothing that was looking back at me.

1. WHAT YOU TRIED: catfish tacos, alligator, crab dip, frog legs.
    2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE. Fish tacos were absolutely amazing, alligator was great, crab dip and frog legs however, absolutely disgusting. Everyone else enjoyed them however, guess they just weren’t for me.
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Challenge 3
    What I tried: Preparing my own tofu
    What I experienced: It wasn't too hard to prepare! I've had tofu before in restaurants but never at home. After draining and pressing it, I made a the Thai Tom Kha soup with it. Tom Kha is like a spicy coconut soup with ginger, garlic, shallots, cilantro, thai peppers, and oyster mushrooms. I usually make it with chicken, but substituted that out for tofu. It came out pretty good!
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 260 Member
    Hey everyone! Friday sure was an interesting day for me. It was my friend's birthday and she absolutely LOVES seafood. I went along thinking I'll get the salmon or something. I entered a whole new world. I tried 4 new things that night, although nothing that was looking back at me.

1. WHAT YOU TRIED: catfish tacos, alligator, crab dip, frog legs.
    2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE. Fish tacos were absolutely amazing, alligator was great, crab dip and frog legs however, absolutely disgusting. Everyone else enjoyed them however, guess they just weren’t for me.

I love fish taco!!! So good.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Challenge # 3 - Grab a bag of bugs!

1. What did you try?
    Peanut Butter Overnight Oats

2. Tell us about your experience:
    The first time I tried them I just couldn't get myself to eat them cold. They are meant to be eaten cold but I heated it. Oh it was way too sweet....the dark chocolate chips.melted and that just made it sweeter! I used organic honey to sweeten it - recipe called for stevia or sweetener like that but I don't use them so I used honey. Definitely didn't need the honey or an addl sweetner. I ate them again this morning but cold. I actually liked them better cold once I got past the texture - it really weirded me out. Also weird thing eating rhem cold they didnt seem as sweet! I will try this again for sure. Maybe with fruit would be better?

I have a peanut butter banana over night oat recipe. I love them so much!! I'll post it here