Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hey hey. Finished c25k this morning. I'll be heading over to the Bridge to 10k forum. They also have a daily check in thread. Best of luck to everyone. Feel free to add me on Strava if you use that app.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    So I'm breaking the rules :)

Finished W6D3 yesterday and felt like running again today. I don't know if it was listening to music instead of watching the news, or the cup of coffee, but when I got to the end of the run for W7D1, "I Can't Drive 55" came on and I just kept running. So 27:30 of running at 4 mph today felt easier than 22 mins at the same speed yesterday.

Tomorrow is a snow shoe day, unless the weather sucks. Not sure what I'm going to do if the weather is bad.

Re-did W7D1 this morning (did snow shoe 2 hours / 6.2 km yesterday). At the end of the 25 minute run, last nights Indian dinner "suggested" to me I not run any more and do my cooldown. I was smart and listened as when that cooldown was done I was off to the bathroom. At least I'm on the treadmill in the basement :)

Still not sure why the Zen Labs is only 8 weeks, but I'll be done at the end of next week and then work on increasing my speed. Good thing is I stayed under 150 on my HRM, which is my target. As I speed up I'm keeping that at the forefront. I'm too old to be seeing 170's anymore.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    upsaluki wrote: »
    Hey hey. Finished c25k this morning. I'll be heading over to the Bridge to 10k forum. They also have a daily check in thread. Best of luck to everyone. Feel free to add me on Strava if you use that app.

CONGRATS! That is awesome! Best of luck on your 10K app.
  • emerrywe
    emerrywe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I did W7D1 yesterday at the crack of dawn. Ran from my house almost 2k to a wildlife conservation then ran around the trails there. Can hardly beleive I did that! It was beautiful. I am pretty sore today but looking forward to doing it again tomorrow!
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options

Congrats! :)
  • joshllb
    joshllb Posts: 7 Member
    Options

congratulations!!

W2D3 done yesterday. Not easy due to suffering with my knees but got it done. Pace was a little slower but as I see it, I ran for 6 x 1.5m - something I couldn't do 2 weeks ago.

Let's see how we go from here!

• upsaluki
    Options
    joshllb wrote: »

congratulations!!

W2D3 done yesterday. Not easy due to suffering with my knees but got it done. Pace was a little slower but as I see it, I ran for 6 x 1.5m - something I couldn't do 2 weeks ago.

Let's see how we go from here!

Great job. Take it as slow as you need. The first time I did C25k I didn't finish because I was shooting for the eight minute mile of my youth instead of just getting out and moving.
  • woodwardtm
    edited February 2017
    Options
    W8, D1 completed after work last night. I felt sort of crappy all day at work but decided to run anyway. It was a good choice. My endurance was good and it went well. Almost done! Woot!
    Oh...I also decided to start taking Osteo-BiFlex or some other joint supplement. My knees are stiff and achy all the time. I don't like that. Has anyone else had success with anything like that?
  • emerrywe
    emerrywe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just got home from W7D2. Another sunrise run. I went to a workshop on stress and anxiety and it was suggested to do min 15 min cardio each morning to use up some of the stress hormones our body replenishes when we sleep. I am used to running at night but I am giving it a shot and like it so far. I also love that I don't have to listen to my earbuds anymore and can hear more of the birds!
  • upsaluki
    Options
    woodwardtm wrote: »
    W8, D1 completed after work last night. I felt sort of crappy all day at work but decided to run anyway. It was a good choice. My endurance was good and it went well. Almost done! Woot!
    Oh...I also decided to start taking Osteo-BiFlex or some other joint supplement. My knees are stiff and achy all the time. I don't like that. Has anyone else had success with anything like that?

I've not tried that. I had a co-worker who told me it works well.
  • woodwardtm
    Options
    W8, D2 completed today. The stats on my Garmin were exactly the same! I guess I am consistent! haha Same distance, same time, etc.
  • Aine8046
    Options
    W6D3 is done. Heavy legs, but finished fine! Looking forward to Week 7! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    woodwardtm wrote: »
    W8, D2 completed today. The stats on my Garmin were exactly the same! I guess I am consistent! haha Same distance, same time, etc.

Almost done! :)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    W7D3 done and ran another 2.5 minutes past the limit. Ready for week 8. If it would warm up here I'd try running outside.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    sarahbums wrote: »
    did W4D1 this morning. I was fine until the second 5min run, when I really hit a wall and started walking halfway through. But, I was running on no sleep so I'm not surprised. It was also colder out than it's been the last few days and my lungs were definitely feeling it. I might just re-run this one again tomorrow.

Keep at it. It'll get easier.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Finished week 8 day 2 today. 60 F here. I was in shorts and a tshirt.

Woop!! Almost finished! Have you thought about doing C210K? I downloaded it yesterday, it looks manageable =)

I'm going to a six week 5210k program from my RunDouble app one I finish week 8. I got all of the programs one time for a great deal, so I use those. They have a 10 k and half marathon event program, but I'm not sure what my next step is after the 10k.

Zenlabs do a 10K, half marathon and then full marathon app, and I'm pretty sure they're all free

• upsaluki
    Options
    Finished week 8 day 2 today. 60 F here. I was in shorts and a tshirt.

Woop!! Almost finished! Have you thought about doing C210K? I downloaded it yesterday, it looks manageable =)

I'm going to a six week 5210k program from my RunDouble app one I finish week 8. I got all of the programs one time for a great deal, so I use those. They have a 10 k and half marathon event program, but I'm not sure what my next step is after the 10k.

Zenlabs do a 10K, half marathon and then full marathon app, and I'm pretty sure they're all free

I think I've decided to do the half marathon training plan from Hal Higdon. I can program the lengths or intervals into the custom run feature on my RunDouble app. I'm not going to worry about it until I get up to running 10k pretty comfortably though. The 5 intervals of 8 minutes this morning were a pretty big jump up.
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    W6D2 complete. I'm going by distance rather than times now, so it's quite hard going, especially on the hills!
    Getting closer now though :)
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Had to redo W6D2 last night, it was 10 days between runs due to preparation for my first indoor tournament of the year on the weekend. It wasn't pretty but I got it done and will try for tomorrow, but with the second tournament this weekend, I may not get anything done until Monday (if I have any energy left......horse show hangover day!) I struggle with consistency but am trying to stick with it and only repeating the last day and not dropping back to the comfortable week 4....