TEAM SIX

Options

Replies

• azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    more and more snow. I feel like I'm in Alaska! Guess it will make challenge #1 easy if it doesn't turn too cold.

challenge #2 done.

The food I am giving up is chocolate. It's my birthday today and my daughter came over and gave a decadent chocolate, molassas and nut bar. I will not eat it for 5 more days! :smile:

Happiest of Bithdays to you!!! How sweet of you DD .. let us know how yummy it is after the challenge!!
  • azsundancer
    Options
    Wondering whick k to do? Its way too cold outside!! Happy Racing .. all!!!!!

:):):):):):)
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,707 Member
    Options
    Maalea wrote: »
    I am giving up fast food and sweets! Both have been too much part of my diet in the last weeks, so this will give me the right motivatin to drop them.

@maalea .... fast food and sweets!!! Great challenge! We know you can do it... But don't try and do so much that you don't do anything... remember baby steps works too!
  • starjam25
    Options
    I see chocolate is a big thing to give up.... it's the same thing I'll be giving up...

Every night before bed I have a medication I have to take with food, so I've gotten into the terrible habit of taking it with chocolate covered almonds. My husband keeps suggesting I eat them with carrots instead, so I'll finally take him up on his advise.

Good luck to all of us! Maybe we can each do a daily post of our accomplishment for the day.... Give us all some extra encouragement to keep going...
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    Let's make this our best week. The challenge are doable, we can do tthis!!!!!!

Challenge 3: Leave a food or drink behind 5/7 days

My food will be chocolate, what is your choice?

Wish me luck, lol.

Mine is chocolate too - in fact I am giving up chocolate for the whole of March
  • azsundancer
    Options
    Todays workout Treadmill 80 mins and Stretching 8 mins. Since it is raining I am going for the 10.49 miles.

Good Luck to everyone doing the -chocolate challenge!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,957 Member
    Options
    Let's get it done this week Sixpack!

Remember challenges are key. Even if you can't log a lot of minutes, work on getting those challenges done!
    Also, if you are having trouble with the spreadsheet, log your minutes here in the thread and ask someone to post it to the spreadsheet for you. We can't take your minutes off your news feed and fill in your missing time for you, but we can do it if you post here.
  • starjam25
    Options
    Let's get it done this week Sixpack!

Remember challenges are key. Even if you can't log a lot of minutes, work on getting those challenges done!
    Also, if you are having trouble with the spreadsheet, log your minutes here in the thread and ask someone to post it to the spreadsheet for you. We can't take your minutes off your news feed and fill in your missing time for you, but we can do it if you post here.

@grandmajackie thank you for telling us about posting things here and not on our news feeds. And for reminder of how important the challenges are! Both great things to share.

So I'm thinking of my challenge 3... I was going to drop my chocolate, but thinking about dropping diet coke.... anyone here give up a big diet coke habit??? How did it affect you? How difficult was it??? I have to decide tonight so I can start tomorrow... What do you all think?
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,957 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I was never a coke drinker but to give up anything is extremely hard. Mybe try to substitute for something else, some kind of flavored water, :)
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    My daughter gave up coke and she was a big drinker of it. the first few days she had a headache but now feels so much better for it.
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Hey Sixpack! Bummer about the confunsion with the spreadsheet! Posting to team thread is always best that way anyone who sees it can plug it in. :smile:
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    Sorry I was quiet yesterday, we let my Uncle Brian go Sunday evening and Monday just felt like a day to be quiet and reflect on life. He went peacefully and quickly and didn't suffer. My mom, dad, aunt, and sister were there in the room with him. My husband, daughter, and I weren't there because my hubby wasn't feeling well so we stayed home, but I have peace about letting him go. I got to say goodbye earlier this week, and I am glad that his body and soul is now at rest. Please pray for my family as we adjust to life without my uncle. Thank you! :heart:
  • TrkyVic0327
    edited February 2017
    Options
    For challenge 3, I am going to give up soda again! I keep giving this nasty devil up and then it pops back into my life again! :grimace: Specific soda that I am drawn to at the moment is Coke Zero. But, I will give up all sodas for the week and hope that this is the start of a wonderful new habit for myself! :smiley: Good luck to all those giving up chocolate this week!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    So sorry, for the confusion guys. I do believe I read it wrong (cough medicine made my brain addled.) I am just amazed at how well you guys are doing, and keeping each other on track. Thanks everyone for stepping up, while I have been not quite all here. Luckily, I have been released from all restrictions, except pelvic exercises (Why don't they just say sexual activities, Oh I guess you can do other exercises. LOL) . I am back at work, got my phone back and ready to cheer you all on.
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    Welcome to team Sixpack, @AzLizzie2! We are so happy to have you! :smiley:
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Diet coke fan. I had to give it up because of stomach issues. Feel way better for it!

• starjam25
    Options

@trkyvic0327 I'm so sorry to hear about your Uncle Brian. Losing a loved one is so difficult but it's very comforting to know it was peaceful and quick. You are your family are in my prayers. We are all here for you if you need a "shoulder" to cry on.
  • starjam25
    Options
    jdelaroy wrote: »
    So sorry, for the confusion guys. I do believe I read it wrong (cough medicine made my brain addled.) I am just amazed at how well you guys are doing, and keeping each other on track. Thanks everyone for stepping up, while I have been not quite all here. Luckily, I have been released from all restrictions, except pelvic exercises (Why don't they just say sexual activities, Oh I guess you can do other exercises. LOL) . I am back at work, got my phone back and ready to cheer you all on.

@jdelaroy YeeHaw!! Welcome back! Don't overdo it, takes time to heal and we still have 3 weeks to go!
  • starjam25
    Options
    For challenge 3, I am going to give up soda again! I keep giving this nasty devil up and then it pops back into my life again! :grimace: Specific soda that I am drawn to at the moment is Coke Zero. But, I will give up all sodas for the week and hope that this is the start of a wonderful new habit for myself! :smiley: Good luck to all those giving up chocolate this week!

@trkyvic0327 I was going to give up my (much loved) diet coke but changed back to chocolate. I've heard to many people feeling bad and getting bad headaches when they stop cold turkey and I didn't want to deal with all that during the challenge, so I'm back to chocolate (which will be difficult enough!) So, first morning with no chocolate... only 4 more days to go...

Good luck to everyone else with whatever they are giving up!! It'll be tough but we can do it.
  • lindaprofota
    lindaprofota Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This challenge has been the change I needed. It has definitely got me out of my comfort zone. Did the elliptical machine for the first time in year. Don't know if I can do 10+ miles, but heres to going for it. I so enjoy the trips.