TEAM SIX

Options

Replies

• Marlymama
    Marlymama Posts: 43 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Challenge 3
    I made scrambled eggs and sprinkled Thym on them instead of basil, I liked it and my daughter did too. I also made turkey burgers and used allspice as some of the seasoning, I loved the new flavor of the burger and it went well with a grilled turkey burger.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,102 Member
    Options
    Marlymama wrote: »
    I made scrambled eggs and sprinkled Thym on them instead of basil, I liked it and my daughter did too. I also made turkey burgers and used allspice as some of the seasoning, I loved the new flavor of the burger and it went well with a grilled turkey burger.

USE THE FOLLOWING POST AS AN EXAMPLE
    OF HOW TO CLAIM YOUR FIVE POINTS:

CHALLENGE #3
    I made ginger tea.
    I usually have Chai tea, but I have heard that ginger is good for muscular aches and pains so I thought I would give it a try.
    I have had it for two days and so far I can’t tell a difference, but I do like the taste. :)
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3:

I put ginger in a version of the Good Girl Moonshine from the Trim Healthy Mama cookbook. I was worried that that ginger would be overpowering, but it balanced nicely with all the other ingredients. It was a nice surprise to enjoy! I will definitely be making this and other versions again in the future. :smiley:

• TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,976 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Recipe to share for anyone interested:

u7apc50dujg8.png

9bcdqzt14whq.png
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,182 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE 3

I made stir-fry with turkey breast and chinese vegetables (from the freezer) yesterday. I added escallions and ginger to it.
    I often use escallions, they are milder than onions, and I like the green. The ginger worked okay, too, although next time I'll take a bit more of it, it was overpowered by the soy sauce. But generally, it turned out very good.
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I attempted challenge 2 today - that was a laugh! PST of it was ok and the stretching did make me feel good. However, there is no way I can balance on my feet crouched right down with bent knees like Jessica does - she doesn't wobble at all ! My knees are far too damaged to even try and attempt such a move. I did most of the rest so have allocated my 10 points - please remove if you feel this is not completed.
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone!

@Rigibann .. You weren't the only one not attempting the frog move, but the remaining workout was great.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Rigibann wrote: »
    I attempted challenge 2 today - that was a laugh! PST of it was ok and the stretching did make me feel good. However, there is no way I can balance on my feet crouched right down with bent knees like Jessica does - she doesn't wobble at all ! My knees are far too damaged to even try and attempt such a move. I did most of the rest so have allocated my 10 points - please remove if you feel this is not completed.

My balance doesn't even come close to Jessica's. I can hardly balance on one foot but I give it my best shot, thats all we need to do!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3 - Ginger
    I made a Spicy Chinese Beef recipe that used fresh ginger, but instead of grated or diced, it used whole medallions. When you bit into them, there was quite a kick. I would have preferred to grate the ginger and spread the flavour throughout. I do like ginger though, especially in Asian inspired dishes.
  • Skipper111
    Skipper111 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3 I decided to have thyme on our homemade pizzas (Friday night treat).

I usually go a little overboard with chilli's so this toned it down quite nicely!
  • mosey1951
    mosey1951 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    45 minutes of gardening this morning, great start to my minutes! So warm I was working in a t shirt!
  • Tiffany7711
    Tiffany7711 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #3
    I made ginger tea.

I usually have green tea or orange spice but I thought I would retry it for this challenge. I tried it when I was pregnant years ago because it is suppose to help nausea but I didn't like it.

I still don't like it. It tastes awful and I wasn't able to finish the whole cup but I wish I did like it if it is healthy for us.
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Today workout Garden/ yardwork T. 72 mins
  • Tazieisland
    Tazieisland Posts: 2,861 Member
    Options
    I made stir fry with chicken, broccoli and ginger. It was ok I liked the change, but it wasn't my favorite spice to use.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    I made stir fry with chicken, broccoli and ginger. It was ok I liked the change, but it wasn't my favorite spice to use.

This needs to be in this format, :)

CHALLENGE #3
    I made ginger tea.

I usually have green tea or orange spice but I thought I would retry it for this challenge. I tried it when I was pregnant years ago because it is suppose to help nausea but I didn't like it.

I still don't like it. It tastes awful and I wasn't able to finish the whole cup but I wish I did like it if it is healthy for us.
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    CHALLENGE #3
    I chose thyme.
    I made chicken and veg with thyme. I grow it and love to use it with veggies. I like it a lot
    @MissionEnforcer
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #3

@MissionEnforcer

I told my brother about this challenge and he made me some ginger tea. He loves the stuff and is always trying to get me to drink it and he finally did. I've heard ginger is good for the stomach, and I do tend to have a sensitive tummy. So I drink it for a few days, and I think it helped with my ongoing tummy tingles, but I could only drink it after I flooded it with honey. So, if my brother makes it again, I'll drink it, but I won't go out of my way to make it.
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Options
    Hi team, sorry I've been so MIA, my daughter has been a bit under the weather, so I've had the grandkids a lot more, and boy, by the time they are in bed, I'm right behind them! For those people that work full time, and have a family to raise and a home to run, and still have time and energy for this, or any challenge, my hats off to you! You all are my inspiration....
  • Tazieisland
    Options
    Challenge #3

I chose ginger.
    I made a chicken, broccoli, and ginger stir fry. It was ok and I liked the change. It wasn't my favorite spice to add.
  • Tazieisland
    Options
    Thank you @GrandmaJackie for catching my mistake. I would have hated missing points for our team just because of not formatting it correctly. :)