You know you are LCHF when...

Options

Replies

• mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    @kmn118 I was just reading up on polysaccharides in vaccines ... who knew? Did they give you another option? I think I know the answer but...
  • etruscansunited
    etruscansunited Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    roxywho42 wrote: »
    When you want to correct the cashier who tells you that carbs are needed for weight lifting and building muscle.

When you ask the guy at the grocery store if they have larger packages of bacon (they did, yay!).

When you find yourself arguing with labels while shopping (you can't be a protein bar if you have more carbs than protein!)

When one of the drawers in the refrigerator is dedicated to cheese!

I'll beat that! Lol
    When your cheese drawer breaks because it's so heavy and you have to order a replacement on Amazon. :)

LOL No way! :D

My dedicated cheese drawer in the fridge was not big enough and was getting raided so I have aded to the fridge a large plastic tub just for extra supplies of cheeses and sausages dedicated to me.
    There are mutterings about the number of cream cartons in the fridge.
    I can see that the only outcome to please all will be self exile to using my own fridge.
  • etruscansunited
    etruscansunited Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    ... when you start reading published research papers on why certain cheeses have more omega 3 fatty acids than others. .. and you start demanding nutrition labels give a break down of each omega 3 or 6 FA ...
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options

My dedicated cheese drawer in the fridge was not big enough

So true....My cheese drawer had to become a cheese shelf....Butter and sour cream included on that too!

Also....When you're burgers aren't fatty enough for you so you add a pat of butter on top while you're cooking them so it can melt into the meat....Seriously....it makes them soooo yummy!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    swezeytba wrote: »

My dedicated cheese drawer in the fridge was not big enough

So true....My cheese drawer had to become a cheese shelf....Butter and sour cream included on that too!

Also....When you're burgers aren't fatty enough for you so you add a pat of butter on top while you're cooking them so it can melt into the meat....Seriously....it makes them soooo yummy!

On bbqpitboys.com, they have a recipe for a butter burger where they put a pat of butter inside the patty prior to grilling. I have been meaning to try this. Of course they completely mess it up by putting it on a bun, but I think a nice lettuce or swiss chard wrap would do nicely instead.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    ...when your dance partner tells you that she's been politely not mentioning the fact that your breath smells like nail polish remover for the past few weeks!

I had that problem.....Hubby hasn't been mentioning it as often lately, so don't know if my body finally adjusted or if he has just gotten used to it....lol...
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    You find a new brand of pickles with less carbs and get overexcited and immediately buy several jars.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Just_Eric wrote: »
    I licked the remaining bacon fat off of my plate because grams.

Yes!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    When searching restaurants.com you are upset that you can't filter by Keto . Had to just look for BBQ and Steak houses.
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    When you're going to make chicken or tuna salad out of a can and you drink the salty liquid instead of draining it off. I may or may not also lick the congealed chicken fat off the lid of the can.
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    When you've "re-appropriated" some salt packets from the gas station to keep in various places in case you feel your electrolytes going wonky, but then you spend time wondering whether they're a quarter of a teaspoon, or half. How much sodium am I getting???
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Just_Eric wrote: »
    When you're going to make chicken or tuna salad out of a can and you drink the salty liquid instead of draining it off. I may or may not also lick the congealed chicken fat off the lid of the can.

Bwahahah, or you choose the expensive Italian canned tuna because it's packed in olive oil you don't have to drain off! Plus it tastes waaaaay better.