Who is racing this weekend?

Options

Replies

• iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    ran my first HM distance on my Treadmill today - 1:54:02 - aim was to run sub 2hrs, so mission accomplished :)
    @JustSomeEm - I am sorry, normally I stumble, but I always try not too kick --- one humbly apologizes :) ... good luck with your 15K
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    iofred wrote: »
    ran my first HM distance on my Treadmill today - 1:54:02 - aim was to run sub 2hrs, so mission accomplished :)
    @JustSomeEm - I am sorry, normally I stumble, but I always try not too kick --- one humbly apologizes :) ... good luck with your 15K

@iofred - I have no idea why you're apologizing, or who you think you kicked? :) Absolutely zero offense was taken on my part. My initial comments in your direction were because you seemed to be kicking yourself over run-times that I think are awesome. I probably just misunderstood... I realize we're all only racing against ourselves, and one person's 'slug pace' is another person's sprint... I hope I didn't offend you.

Thanks for the good wishes - the 15K was lots of fun, and WOW - what a fantastic HM time. You TOTALLY rock. :)
  • iofred
    Options
    @JustSomeEm - LOL ... like Chandler Bing I (try to) use humor as a defense mechanism ... unlike Chandler Bing, I normally fail miserably :) ... and trust me, I have zero issues with my run times. Too old to be worrying about that, when I am happy I can still achieve what I want to achieve. Glad you enjoyed your 15K B)
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Have a 30 miler on Saturday. The New Forest Festival of Running. I am so looking forward to this. Not because I expect to finish in any sort of quick time, quite the opposite. Mostly because of lots of stress happening in my life and it will give me a chance to just switch off and run/walk/crawl.
  • iofred
    Options
    Good luck with that ... would not even consider 30 miles ... HM for me is already stretching it :) ... enjoy
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Just a short race on Saturday, the USATF Masters 8K Championship (a.k.a. Shamrock 8K) in Virginia Beach. At least, I'll be running a short race if enough of Winter Storm Stella has been cleaned up that I can get there on time.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    FatMoojr - how did the marathon and 30 miler go? You did both back to back? Ouch.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    I have the B&A Trail Marathon near Annapolis, MD on Sunday. I was feeling pretty good about it until I came down with a bad cold, that took me out for a week. I'm mostly recovered but don't know how I'll feel four hours in.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am running the Roger Snyder Memorial Half Marathon in the middle of Frickin' Nowhere Pennsylvania on Saturday. This will be the 2nd of 3 consecutive weekends with a race.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do a 10K trail run in KS this weekend. It's informally timed, lots of hills, mixed terrain (appears mostly gravel and dirt). Mostly, I'm doing this as a training race for a much more difficult 12K trail run (dirt, extremely hilly) on 4/1.

I was doing pretty well with training up until the last week. Did a long run Sat. in the same park where the 12K will be on 4/1, and ended up with runner's knee. Been feeling better, but I'm going to start wearing a knee brace for runs until it is 100%. Have had some challenging BG issues for the last week (type 1 diabetic) as well. Between the knee and BG's, I've not put in the runs I need. Since Sat., I have run once on Tues. and it was less than 4 miles.

If all goes well, though, I have a plan where I hope to resolve BG issues and stabilize the knee with a brace for the 4/1 race. This weekend's 10K is for practice in a race environment.
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    FatMoojr - how did the marathon and 30 miler go? You did both back to back? Ouch.

Spirit, there was a couple of weeks between them. But marathon in 5:13 and 30 miler in 6:07. Thanks for asking. Loved them both and having a week off from any serious running.

Good luck to all running this weekend. Looking forward to your bling reports.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I am backing out of a 5K run-n-gun biathlon on Saturday. I've been trying to heal some knee pain before my first 1/2 marathon on the 1st.
  • dewd2
    Options
    The last of my back to back to back weekend races is on Saturday. I'll be running the Capital 10 Miler. I already have it setup to pace a couple slower friends so I have no choice but to take it easy. My body would not be very happy if I ran 'all out' 3 weeks in a row (plus a couple speed sessions in between). :o
  • dewd2
    Options
    So I was 'peer pressured' into running a 5k today. Since the sun is finally shining and the race begins at 1PM I figured "why not".

This WILL BE the last race I do before Pittsburgh. This time I mean it. o:)
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    So I was 'peer pressured' into running a 5k today. Since the sun is finally shining and the race begins at 1PM I figured "why not".

This WILL BE the last race I do before Pittsburgh. This time I mean it. o:)

Pittsburgh! I'm actually from that area, but no longer live there. Running my first marathon in Lublin (Poland), same day that they have the Pittsburgh marathon. I'll have a head start due to the time difference, so hopefully will be done before you all get too far down the road!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    17 mile trail race coming up on Saturday. It's the little race of the weekend, as there is also a 50 mile and 100 mile race as well. Next year I'll do the 50.3n90tg9ks38h.jpg
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @7Lenny7- Holy elevation! Do you know the average finish times for the three race distances? That looks pretty insane. It's funny how you can look at elevation profiles on different scales and some of them look crazy until you realize that there is only 50-100 ft change in the scale. Those ones, on the other hand, are serious!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @lporter229, having never run the course before, or anything that hilly, I can't begin to predict my finish. On a similar length training run with only 40% of this elevation I finished in just a hair over 3 hours. Since I'm running this as a training run and not tapering, I'm going to guess that it will take me 4 hours, but I really don't know what those bigass hills are going to do to me. I'll definitely be power walking them. I'm certainly not going to push it because I want to run my final 20 the following day.

The averages and records (HR:MIN and skipping the seconds) for the last few years are:

17 mile:
    Average Time: 3:41 (13:14 pace)
    Record Time: 1:58 (mens) 2:26 (womens)
    Youngest Finisher: 12
    Oldest Finisher: 66

50 mile:
    Average Time: 13:26 (16:07 pace)
    Record Time: 7:50 (mens) 9:31 (womens
    Youngest Finisher: 19
    Oldest Finisher: 67

100 mile:
    Average Time: 29:19 (17:35 pace)
    Record Time: 18:04 (mens) 23:21 (womens)
    Youngest Finisher: 16
    Oldest Finisher: 65