Brenda's OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You're so close to goal that it's bound to flatten out a bit.
    Stay the course and you'll do it.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! I'm so close to goal and I'm not going to give up now for sure :) I just ate my low carb meal and now I'm going to go for a walk :)

• leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I think walks are a major thing. Fresh air, sunshine, circulation. The body is made to move.

Compared to everything else I do, walking is a cornerstone
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Well I just got some fresh air and sunshine :) I just took my grandson for a walk and it's 67 degrees outside today and it's about time because it can get pretty boring walking on the treadmill all the time :p
  • rs2332
    rs2332 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    @jvcinv To answer your question about losing more weight since water fasting...I thought I was but when I look at my numbers not really...Im going to stop doing it once I get to goal, unless I start gaining weight and then I will do it as needed :)
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    @jvcinv To answer your question about losing more weight since water fasting...I thought I was but when I look at my numbers not really...Im going to stop doing it once I get to goal, unless I start gaining weight and then I will do it as needed :)

It's usually not going to make an actual difference, but it will sure feel like it.
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are doing fantastic!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    thanks I was just curious because I've been toying with the idea of adding a weekly water fast day. I've pretty much decided against it but was wondering how it worked for you.
    I've done it a couple of times just out of necessity, such as being on the road and not finding the time or place to have a meal, so I just skipped a day. But it didn't seem to make any difference.

• Brendalea69
    Options
    10 more pounds to go but I think I've decided not to do the water fast again after I reach goal but I'm so afraid I'm not going to be able to maintain :/
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    10 more pounds to go but I think I've decided not to do the water fast again after I reach goal but I'm so afraid I'm not going to be able to maintain :/

Two facts:

1) When you are at a weight for four months, your body will memorize it and keep you there.
    2) Go for five or ten pounds under where you want to be to give yourself some "growing room" when you arrive.

You can't be afraid to gain because we all do sometimes. The comforting truth is, once you get there, you can always get back.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Thanks Joe...5 pounds under sounds reasonable, I haven't seen 125 in over 30 years!!!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Treadmill Workouts
    Day...Miles...Minutes

11.......3...........60....400 Calories Burned :)
    I feel really good tonight so I'm going to try to do this from now on!!!

I thought that 60 minutes walking burns about 250 calories?
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    That is still very good though. I could burn an extra 1/2 pound a week if I added an hour a day of walking!

Great work!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    You're almost there :smiley: Keep it going!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    Treadmill Workouts
    Day...Miles...Minutes

It would depend on her weight, speed and inclination :)
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    Treadmill Workouts
    Day...Miles...Minutes

It depends on how fast you are walking.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I'm not walking that fast anymore, my legs were hurting me so I slowed it down a little and right now I'm walking just 30 minutes but will increase that soon :)
  • Babygyrl17
    Babygyrl17 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks Joe...5 pounds under sounds reasonable, I haven't seen 125 in over 30 years!!!

You got this Brenda! I know you'll get there...
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Babygyrl17 wrote: »

You got this Brenda! I know you'll get there...