You know you are LCHF when...

Options

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Just_Eric wrote: »
    I opened it up to eat the innards with a spoon and found rice and beans inside it. "That's strange, we're not in California."

No no, that'd be if there were FRENCH FRIES inside the burrito! :D
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    When there are two entries in the database for your sour cream that have identical nutrition information, but you choose the one that says, "sour cream (full fat)" because *kitten* yeah, full fat!
  • Daddy78230
    Daddy78230 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    When someone offers you a sugary treat and you kindly decline, but then roll your eyes after they say "but it's 'fat free'"
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    redimock wrote: »
    You bring along a carton of heavy cream when you meet your friends for coffee or brunch....

....or is that just me? :lol:

Lmao same!
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I've only just started keto but this is what i've noticed already;

Your coworkers think your sudden affection for chicken stock cubes is some sort of pregnancy craving and they ask if you are pregnant. (No *kitten* way)
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You get super excited that the seasoning you just picked up is absolutely loaded with sodium.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    When dinner is a pound of pork sausage or swiss cheese.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    The small fro-yo you had for your kids' birthday makes you feel slightly hung over the next day.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    @LowCarb4Me2016 I've also had the "sugar hangover" lol
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    johnnylew wrote: »
    (1) Your won't tell your doctor your true way of eating (because they are clueless about nutrition), although all your results are within normal ranges. (2) Although everyone looks at you like your crazy when you tell them what you eat and they say that sounds un-healthy in a group setting, those same people pull you aside one-on-one and want to know more.

Yes! And way back in the 90s I remember being that clueless person asking an Atkins guy "You mean you can eat bacon but not pretzels??" And thinking that was nuts, lol. Boy did I have a lot to learn :smile:
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I just tell the doc low carb and she says "great job." I don't even mention keto.
  • Islandbound25
    Islandbound25 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I haven't told my friends I am on a Keto diet because I don't want to hear all of the negative commentary from people who don't understand what I am doing. It's difficult enough without their opinions and being in the early stages, I am way too irritable and tired to explain it to them. When I am eating with them and they question me, my plan is to reply, "cheat day."
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    When, in a hurry while heading out the door, and making a quick decision that you need a bite of something before leaving, you happily dip a tablespoon into the bacon grease on the counter and sigh with delight while licking off the spoon, lol.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    When, after licking all the ghee off your plate from the fried steak, you look at the pan and wish it wasn't so deep because licking it out would be near impossible.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    When, after licking all the ghee off your plate from the fried steak, you look at the pan and wish it wasn't so deep because licking it out would be near impossible.

Fingers were invented before forks...... ;)