You know you are LCHF when...

Options

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    When fasting appeals to you as much as eating does.

LOL. I'm not into fasting for myself but yes. I can see your point and chuckled with this one. :)
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    When fasting appeals to you as much as eating does.

Can't argue with that one!!
  • melodyamanda0
    melodyamanda0 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look at butter and smile
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Consuming a full stick of butter by yourself in one day doesn't seem odd.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    Consuming a full stick of butter by yourself in one day doesn't seem odd.
    That greasy slick around your lips gives you away, @cstehansen, :p .

• JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    You know you're LCHF when.... nfy7spfblxx3.jpg

Man. I'm still trying to psych myself up to fry them in butter, coat with caramel and eat as cereal. I don't know if I'll ever get there. If only I could forget they are pork skin! #mentalblock
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Man. I'm still trying to psych myself up to fry them in butter, coat with caramel and eat as cereal. I don't know if I'll ever get there. If only I could forget they are pork skin! #mentalblock
    Those aren't skin though; those are just fat.

• JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Just_Eric wrote: »

Are they? That's actually really helpful. It's the skin thot that freaks me out!
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    .....peel back the foil on cream cheese and eat it like a candy bar
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Just_Eric wrote: »

Bummer. It's skin minus the fat. https://baconsheir.com/pages/how-to-make-pork-rinds
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,753 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Never occurred to me someone would use anything but lard for making chicharrones.
    http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/06/the-nasty-bits-how-to-make-chicharrones-recipe.html

That is how my local fav Mexican restaurant makes them. But I do love the ones in a bag as well. Will have to see if any seed oil is listed on my bags.

• Just_Eric
    Options
    I'm going to need to go to the local carnceria and take a photo of the chicharrones con carne. Goddamn, they're delicious!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yo', dude-my-buddy, you wanna check this recipe out....!
  • Just_Eric
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Being within a couple hundred km of the Mexican border I have ready access to all the lovely pork belly I could ever desire (and a couple of Filipino places nearby if I want a delicious variant), but there's something to be said for DIY. I'll need to find a friend with a gas range, I think. Thanks, Alex.

(I hope "Alex" is okay with you. We seem to be getting on a nickname basis.)
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    You can call me babe, honey and even yaw LC. sistah. Can't be your beeatch, that title is reserved for me, for my long-suffering husband.... :lol: