Daily Check-In for Keto Friends 2017 Version

Options

Replies

• havisham
    havisham Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Today was so good!, yesterday was difficult my weight was creeping up even though I felt I was eating the right foods and moving more, and I was so hungry,so so hungry. But I ate and didn't go crazy. I also looked at things again and realized my veg intake had decreased I was getting so focused on fat and protein, and I kept reading about making sure you get your leafy greens.. so, I bought some spinach and expanded my meals with baby spinach which I was doing in the beginning and somehow trailed away from that, today I felt way less deprived and full. I also found that it's normal in weeks 3-4 for your scale weight to bounce back as a result of initial weight loss or some people think that you get lax which could very well be the problem in my case. I guess it is good to weigh yourself everyday , keeps you accountable, unfortunately dictates my mood if I don't like the result :#
  • sebastiansteinmann
    sebastiansteinmann Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hmm, weight has been dropping over 1lbs a day this week. Thinking I'm might be doing something too extreme.

I'm doing a 18:6 fast, because it fits with when my son eats, and 1750 cals a day, not eating my fitbit adjusted cals.

Planning for a lax Saturday because of a bachlorparty, so might be nice to be on the low side.
  • stephanieross1
    stephanieross1 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Night shift here and didn't bring food. Been trying the intermittent fasting for a few days. 18:6, I eat from 12 to 6. So gonna pass out at home and wake up to eat. My hardest part is the lack of hazelnut creamer in my coffee. Everything else is a breeze
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Night shift here and didn't bring food. Been trying the intermittent fasting for a few days. 18:6, I eat from 12 to 6. So gonna pass out at home and wake up to eat. My hardest part is the lack of hazelnut creamer in my coffee. Everything else is a breeze

@stephanieross1 - If you need something during adjusting, I think Sweetleaf has a Hazelnut flavored stevia drops. A small bit of that with a splash of heavy cream or half and half might do the trick. Remember to under-sweeten! We're retraining the tastebuds!
  • sebastiansteinmann
    Options
    Speaking of sweets. Just split a grape for my kid with my teeth, craziest sweetness ever. Not even good.

I think I'm over sweet tasting things.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Did okay with keto yesterday. On track for today, and set to power through this particularly upsetting weekend, due to events I'm going to hate missing.
    My challenge is to stay keto and mess up in other ways if need be. I wont feel better til I get my body back on track...that much I know about myself.
    Just a few more days, then I'm hoping the worst will be over and I can settle into new social routines minus regrets.
    What a freaking relief that will be.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Did okay with keto yesterday. On track for today, and set to power through this particularly upsetting weekend, due to events I'm going to hate missing.
    My challenge is to stay keto and mess up in other ways if need be. I wont feel better til I get my body back on track...that much I know about myself.
    Just a few more days, then I'm hoping the worst will be over and I can settle into new social routines minus regrets.
    What a freaking relief that will be.

I know exactly what you mean! I am so glad that I am back from vacation and all the temptation that being on the road brings! Just to come back to a house full of company and followed by another weekend on the road. Good luck on your challenge i'm right there with you!
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Finally broke into the 180s after about a week at 190-192. I have been fighting a gnawing hunger around 4-5 pm but I think it's because I eat lunch around 2-3 and I need to find something more filling that I can eat quickly.

London broil on salad with blue cheese dressing has been my go-to dinner for much of the week, and I'm not getting tired of it yet!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Best thing about pizza is that as long as you don't have sweet stuff like pineapple, you can just peel off the toppings and eat them, leave the crust on the plate! Then you don't have to feel left out. :) I like making my own, but in a pinch, swiping the toppings leaves me quite fulfilled.

Hugs to all those struggling. @elize7 - I know what you mean. Two years ago, I was down to 239. Had the escape from morbidly obese in my sights. Then my thyroid function tanked. I'm fighting to stay below 280 again, and I just can't seem to find my stride... Wish this new thyroid med would level me out!

All the good thoughts, supportive hugs, high fives, and positive energies ALL THE WAY AROUND!
  • elize7
    Options
    The next 36 hours will be a big challenge for me. Im trying to make plans to keep busy do mindless enjoyable things...and i realize that it is important for me to rise up and meet or at least stand at serious attention for this time period.
    That is my intention.
    So far, feeling good about keto food for the weekend.
    I have chosen to veer from my everyday weigh in, so that i dont have to deal with any possible negative reading emotions.
    Have reading material, new yoga equipment, an Elvira movie, and might finally watch The Big Lebowski!, may give myself an early cothing reward if i need a mental boost. I plan to record all achievements, and limit time spent idling so my mind doesnt go down a bad road.
    I am moving on.
    No matter how it all goes this weekend...I am going to keep calm and keto on.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @elize7 - that sounds like a fabulous plan. Even though I won't be online, I'll bombard you with happy, feel good energies all weekend!
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I have heard so many people talk about how fast the weight fell off of them with Keto. I also have friends who do low carb counting net carbs and eating things like muffins, "Keto cookies", low carb bread and tortilla wraps who still manage to pull off big #s each week.

Me, on the other hand, I'm still sticking to 1200-1400 cals, 20-30 actual carbs from only whole foods and my Ketostix have consistently shown ketones since the first week.

This is week 6 of full-on Keto and week 11 since I went low carb and I'm only down 10.6lbs
  • elize7
    Options
    Isaiah, I've gone up 20 plus pounds in 3 months! 10 pounds down is a dress size for me... that's just awesome! Keep going! You're going in the right direction, and I hope to be doing that again sometime soon.
    Today I'm over calories, but under carbs so far. Truth is my calorie limit is very low so maybe it's not so bad, and definately is keto.
    Going to bed early tonight just to be on the safe side of the late night snacks.
  • ladybugs686
    ladybugs686 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am new to keto (5 days in) so far, I am loving it.
  • csschuett
    csschuett Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, My husband and I started a Keto diet after a 3 day cleanse on March 15. We decided to lose weight together because he was diagnosed with arthritis in his back and was told to take off 50-60 lbs. I have been struggling with my weight since being diagnosed with hypothyroidism in 2000. Normally I stick to a diet and after 3 months I take off 12 pounds. With this diet I have not been having trouble sticking to the lifestyle and I have taken off 24 lbs in 2.5 months!! I am so excited. I have even been able to find a few recipes to feel to my family that allows us to stay on our lifestyle change. The myfitnesspal app helps quite a bit and doing this with the husband makes it nice because he struggles too. Plus we get to congratulate one another on our accomplishments. Looking forward to seeing some of you on the message boards. Does anyone have a website or recipe source they could share? I am always looking for new foods to try and keep making the ones we like. Yesterday we had a bacon cheeseburger casserole that was the bomb. (six of us in the house) we got a full 5 thumbs up so I will be making that again.
  • sebastiansteinmann
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    This is week 6 of full-on Keto and week 11 since I went low carb and I'm only down 10.6lbs

10 is great!

As long as it's going down, be happy that you are doing it with great food and no hunger. If it stalls, try something. Like 16:8 fast or something.

Only eating when hungry and stopping has been a real eye opener for me.
  • havisham
    havisham Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    I have heard so many people talk about how fast the weight fell off of them with Keto. I also have friends who do low carb counting net carbs and eating things like muffins, "Keto cookies", low carb bread and tortilla wraps who still manage to pull off big #s each week.

Me, on the other hand, I'm still sticking to 1200-1400 cals, 20-30 actual carbs from only whole foods and my Ketostix have consistently shown ketones since the first week.

I know what you mean, it seems like everyone on Keto just said "Keto" and lost 50lbs instantly. But it seems to avg 1 - 2 lbs a week for people who have lost. It might just be a game of perception, Keto is more comforting than low fat diets but you do still give up foods that have brought comfort all your life and it is difficult at times because you can't just grab anything and count it. The more you read, the more you realize it's a good choice and contrary to what we have been taught it is healthy. There is a learning curve and once you find what's right for you all will be easier. I have been doing a lazy Keto and have not had a cold in almost a year, and I usually get sick every 3 months. I'm being more diligent now and the weight is slowly coming off and the learning is on. There are other benefits besides the weight loss.
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Isaiah, I've gone up 20 plus pounds in 3 months! 10 pounds down is a dress size for me... that's just awesome! Keep going! You're going in the right direction, and I hope to be doing that again sometime soon.
    Today I'm over calories, but under carbs so far. Truth is my calorie limit is very low so maybe it's not so bad, and definately is keto.
    Going to bed early tonight just to be on the safe side of the late night snacks.

I guess I should clarify... Isaiah is not my name. My name is Christie :) .
  • stephanieross1
    stephanieross1 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Victory today! I peed on my ketostix and it showed moderate ketones. They say it isn't the most accurate but I've been hitting trace for about two weeks. It was my happy moment for my strict low carb diet all this time