Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    My super delicious 1407 calorie meal for the day... 8 oz top sirloin steak with sweet onions and mushrooms, 11oz golden potato with butter, sour cream and jalapeño peppers topped, fresh green beans sautéed in olive oil, and 1 cup of greek vanilla yogurt with 1 cup of blueberries and 3 TBSP of chia seeds for dessert. :)
    zblau0mm7ykn.jpg
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Oh my, that looks amazing.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    That looks really good!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    It was amazing, and I ate every last bite. By the time I got to my dessert, it had doubled in size due to the chia seeds. It was like a rich and thick frozen treat because the blueberries were frozen. :)
  • OMAD2017
    OMAD2017 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ooohh...I'm so glad I've already had my meal today, lol. That looks awesome.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY :p:p:p
  • wsandy8512
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Today's meal was a gigantic breakfast bowl filled with 8oz of jimmy dean sausage, 4 scrambled eggs, cheese, jalapeño peppers, garlic pepper, and a golden potato. I did not use oil for the eggs or potatoes since the sausage grease did the trick. I had a bowl of yogurt, blueberry and chia seeds with it. Total was 1325 calories.

I enjoyed a nice and easy walk earlier and then swam 20 laps in our pool (back and forth equals one full lap), and then just swam around in a relaxed way for pure enjoyment.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Great job on the week's loss! The margaritas sound like they were well deserved - hopefully your head was feeling ok the next morning!! Unlike mine after what really wasn't that much Sangria on Friday night - my hangovers are getting worse the older I get. :#
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Thank you! And, lol, no hangover but just a general sensation of feeling like butt the whole next day. Glad you enjoyed some Sangria. :-)
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I love to swim, and you said you live where exactly? LOL Just kidding :p
  • wsandy8512
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Yesterday's meal: Quinoa and black bean wraps with oodles of mixed spring greens, onions, and Pace Chunky Hot Salsa. I could only eat two of the wraps though--so filling. Probably because I didn't save dessert for last, lol! Anyhoo, pictured is my blueberry, banana, and chia seed pudding, not pictured was yogurt with Ghiradelli 60% Cacao Chips. Total calories 1352. I went 61 grams over on carbs for a total of 256 and was down 1.4 pounds this morning from an already full pound lost since last Friday, on Tuesday. So, yay! Hope it holds until my weigh-in this Friday. :-)
    f6s3xe2ynwbb.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Mmm!!! :p
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I like your veggie recipes! I would like to eat less meat and will look at these more closely.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I like your veggie recipes! I would like to eat less meat and will look at these more closely.

Thank you, they would've been even better if I had an avocado, but my vegetarian daughter is at home right now and they disappear sooner than I can get to them. lolol
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    It's kind of disheartening when you've lost 10, 20, 25, 30, and 35 pounds not to see a change in your body. However, I want to encourage people to take before, during and eventually fully after photos. I'm happy to have reached the point where I can no longer deny that there's quite a difference in my body now. To cheer myself up today, I decided to head to the bathroom for some during photos after being so close to the 40 pound mark lost since March 5, 2017, and 28 of those are from when I started OMAD on April 13, 2017. I didn't bother to fix my hair or wear makeup, so if you scare easily... look away, look away! LOL Anyway, I'm super proud of myself, about 50 pounds left to go :-)

bveuc8csje66.png
    agux0qy6idrj.png
    6nqrihv32mqw.png
    5p3ke9kdelj7.png
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Don't feel bad, it took me a long time to notice the loss too and I think it's because we just wear our weight well...I love the pics especially the ones with the big smile :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Don't feel bad, it took me a long time to notice the loss too and I think it's because we just wear our weight well...I love the pics especially the ones with the big smile :)

I'm glad I am not feeling as bad as some of my other during photos. I was like, "My gracious, how much do I need to lose before it shows?!!!" But, when you start at obese, the truth is, for me around the 40 pound mark is when you see the hard work starting to pay off.

I'm so happy to say that despite all the stress going on right now, I have not used food to comfort myself. That was always one of my biggest downfalls in the past, I always went off the wagon and stayed off. I honestly have no desire to eat because of the stress. I'm doing things to take my mind off everything. That old saying is true, "Worrying is like being in a rocking chair, you keep rocking but going nowhere", or something to that effect that implies is doesn't do any good. :-)

• shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I sometimes still don't see a difference after almost 90lbs lost! It happens. You look fantastic and I know you will reach your goals. You are very dedicated and it's awesome!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Girl you are looking fabulous!!!!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    You look great--and very happy! And sometimes it only shows from certain angles.