Who is racing this weekend?

Options

Replies

• MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Last minute decision, I'm running the Canandaigua Classic Half Marathon tomorrow morning. I registered at packet pick up today, then drove over to the start venue to look at the end of the course, which I'd never seen before. From the map, I'm guessing the first 7 miles will be mostly rolling hills, mile 8 will be downhill, miles 9-12 will be flat, and from mile 12 to the end is uphill. Tomorrow I'll find out how accurate my guesses are. I've seen the last half mile, and I'll try to do a warm up out and back on the last mile.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 5K trail run tomorrow. Should be small, and is about 1 hr. drive away in a rural area. The longest distance is 5K, and I've never been on those trails but expect a mix of slightly technical trails, maybe some gravel and possibly pavement along the route. It shouldn't be terribly difficult terrain and probably only a few small hills.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    It's that time of year again, the D-Day 10k at Currahee. Race starts at Camp Toccoa's historic site then, at the mile 2 mark, it's a near 700-foot climb over the next mile up to the top of Currahee Mountain.

camptoccoaatcurrahee.com/

No race distance PR's will be set. And I've been nursing a hamstring for about 2 months now, so I'm just hoping to run/jog just a little further up the mountain than I did last year (made it about 2/3 of the way before walking last year). If I do that, I'll be happy.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Ragnar PA this weekend. Our team starts Friday morning at 7:15. I am runner number 8 so I won't start until closer to noon. I also get the "Ragnar Leg" which is the leg determined to be the hardest (I even get a special medal for running it). A couple of us ran it 'for run' last week and let me tell you they are not kidding. :smile:
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Cosley Zoo Run for the Animals 5k/10k tomorrow in Wheaton, Illinois. I chose the 10k because I am a glutton for punishment. It's my first "real" race... I've done several virtual races but this is my first live race. I'm nervous as heck.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Cosley Zoo Run for the Animals 5k/10k tomorrow in Wheaton, Illinois. I chose the 10k because I am a glutton for punishment. It's my first "real" race... I've done several virtual races but this is my first live race. I'm nervous as heck.

you got this! First official race is a big thing! First race I ran just me was a 10k, you chose a great distance for your first race and you'll do awesome!
  • MobyCarp
    edited June 2017
    Options
    If it's after 6PM on Friday, does it count as the weekend? I'll be running the McMullen Mile on a track tomorrow evening. A race that short isn't my comfort zone, but I'll see how I do.

Edit to add: Perhaps I shouldn't even mention it on the Long Distance Runners forum; is a mile race too short to discuss here?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    @MobyCarp Nah, I think you are ok talking about a 1 mile race. You have the street cred to pull it off.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I've got a 5k on Sunday - a week exactly following my latest half. We'll see what the legs think about that on the day. Very different terrain too - the half was dead flat and on tarmac, the 5k is super hilly and probably very muddy too.
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    Medved 5K to Cure ALS on Sunday 6/18. This comes as my marathon training is ramping up the miles. Fortunately, I don't need to PR the 5K. I just need to run sub-20 and finish ahead of my friend Bill.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    William A. Irvin 5k tomorrow and Grandma's Marathon on Saturday to complete the Full Great Grandma's Challenge. First, and hopefully not last, full.
  • sheepiegail
    sheepiegail Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Many on the Genny this weekend 40 miler trail race
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I've got the Giants Head Marathon on Saturday. All 28 miles of it...
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    Did I mention the Glacier National Park Half Marathon on Sat.? Then on Sun. - Fri. I get to backpack through the park! **Super excited!!
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    Technically not on the weekend, but I'll be running a 4 mile race on July 4. This is not an "A" race, just a filler because there will be no club speed workout on the holiday.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Also running a 5k on the 4th. Paxtang Patriot Dash to benefit the Lions Club.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    I am thinking about signing up for a local 5K on the 4th. If I do, I will sign up race day. It is a question of whether I feel up to a race yet after my recent vacation and I am still working on changing / improving nutrition back to what worked before vacation. It is only 5K, so truth is it is mostly a question of whether I decide to sleep in or not.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Another 5k event this morning and a new PB. Very pleased all the hard work is paying off!!
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    15k trail run in Santa Barbara on Independence day. Looks brutal.