Are there any girls that look like or want to look like models?

Options

Replies

• plainpixxel
    plainpixxel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @dubstepvideobody

I've attached an image of my summer food plan so far. I usually stick to food groups for certain days to stay at my 1200 calorie limit. I log everything I eat from whole meals to small pieces of candy and I think it's really helpful for me. I never really get hungry even though I go to school full time, do kickboxing, ballet, work a part-time job at a store, and work part time in a laboratory. I think it's because I also drink a lot of water and eat small snacks when I need too.

In the Mornings I usually Rotate between have a fruit smoothie or a traditional American breakfast.
    My smoothies are usually a cup of frozen mixed berries, a cup of cranberry juice, 1/3 tsp of honey and I blend that well and drink it. If I'm super hungry on a smoothie morning I'll eat half of a bagel thin.

Traditional breakfasts are for super hard cardio days i.e. Kickboxing.
    Those days I usually have 2-3 slices of low sodium bacon, half of a normal sized bagel, and 2-3 eggs.
    I do switch the bagel out for 1 cup of honey nut cheerios and 1/2 a cup of almond milk when I wanna spice it up.

Lunches are pretty generic. It's either a salad, wrap, or soup. I try to keep all my lunches vegan/ vegetarian. To add some calories to lunch I will eat so corn chips with salsa or cook 1-2 servings of frozen french fries.

Dinner is hit or miss with me. Sometimes I working and I skip it or I eat another bowl of soup.

I follow that typical diet most days of the week. On the weekends sometimes I allow myself one awful meal. I try to count the calories for it the best I can. To control the calories I tend to try to cook this cheat meal myself.
  • dubstepvideobody
    dubstepvideobody Posts: 141 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @plainpixxel welcome back! I am happy to hear from you again and wish you a great run!!
    Wow, I must say I am very impressed of you! You are very dedicated and consistent with your diet and the fact that you follow a plan strictly gives me hope in the world haha:D I love structure in the day. Did your nutritionist made it or it is your own? Wow sorry for the many questions, just your approach is very interesting to me.

I really admire such discipline, hard work and never feeling hungry despite workouts.

To all of the others that still read: wish you a great day! Never give up :)

• plainpixxel
    Options
    @dubstepvideobody This is something I came up with initially on my own and I perfected the schedule with my nutritionist to make sure it was safe and pinpoint the nutrients I need to make sure I'm getting. I like structuring myself by the food groups because it gives me a lot of flexibility in which foods I can eat so I never feel like I'm eating the same thing. I love the structure and I love the flexibility. Sometimes I shake up things to add more calories. I'll add chia seeds and diatomaceous earth to smoothies for more calories and minerals. It's all about balance and measurement.

I also really like this approach because it really helps as far as portion goes. I can eat whatever I want a long as it's portioned correctly. Like some days I'll buy a waffle from waffle house. I'll eat half of the waffle with eggs and bacon and I'm still way below my calorie intake even with that delicious waffle because I only ate half. That allows me to save the other half for another day. I've noticed weight loss truly is an energy balance. As long as you know what you are putting out more than you put in you'll lose weight on schedule. This doesn't mean eat junk that is salty, or sugary because you'll retain water but it's comforting for me to know I'm not going to die by having some cake as long as I measure it correctly.

I can maintain discipline pretty well. There is this quote from Audrey Hepburn (It may not actually be hers lol) but it says, "Be like a ballet dancer, have discipline." I dunno why that resonates with me so well but I think if ballerinas, VS models, and professional athletes can do it there is not reason I can't do it in my own way. It kinda pushes me forward.

I will point out that maybe this plan works so well for me because I'm a student and I'm on my feet a lot for class but I also sit down a lot to do work. I'm not always on the move because I have to study. Maybe when I start working consistently or have kids I'll need to up the calorie intake. The only thing I struggle with is trying not to eat while I'm studying. To help with that I just try to work in the library. I also leave my money at home so I Can't buy snacks and I bring my own. I also try to drink my entire water bottle before I eat a snack to make sure I'm really hungry.

Overall it's just a process. What works for me might not work for everyone. I hope this helps. I'll answer any questions you may have or if I don't know they answer I may ask my nutritionist for you.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    @plainpixxel I love the "none unless very hungry" dinner category.

Sometimes I wish I could have a "get out of jail free" card for dinner. It's prep, cook, eat, and clean and sometimes I'm just not hungry. My husband needs a good dinner and unfortunately we have traditional roles around me being responsible for that. But I'm going to take you as my inspiration and see if I can manage to do this sometimes. Where there's a will (and some inspiration), there's a way.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    @wellnesschaser, we do a "fend for yourself" night once or twice a week, which means leftovers, sandwiches, etc. I will frequently skip dinner those nights if I'm not hungry because we aren't all necessarily sitting down to all eat together.

@plainpixxel, I love how you've worked with a nutritionist to make sure you are getting enough nutrients. When I was your age, I didn't struggle with weight because I was too busy to eat, but my nutrition was horrendous. Glad to see you are ahead of the game and more much smarter.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    @mom23mangos I like this idea. If I just planned it, it would become routine. Good one.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Wow @plainpixxel that is great, very disciplined meal plan there! I don't think I could ever skip dinner. To be honest I don't think I could skip any meal, if I had to chose I guess it maybe lunch I could do without! Usually it is my smallest meal of the day.

Sounds like you all are doing well. I am so all over the place. One second I feel down about my progress, the next second I don't want to lose any more weight and lose my curves. I wore a tight dress last night and it fit so perfect in every way. I duno what to do! I think I am going to cut just a bit more just so I am lean enough to start another bulk in the fall. This booty's still got lots of growing to do!!
  • plainpixxel
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @wellnesschaser I know how that feels. During the school year, my boyfriend comes over to study a lot and we make dinner together. He's on a regime to bulk up and needs to eat things differently than me. I too usually do the cooking (mostly because he can't cook worth a snit lol) and I found some easy ways around it. First off are really big cooking days. When we are together we both set aside a day on the weekend to roughly plan our meals for the week. We then go to market come back and cook a bunch of meals and store them away to be eaten during the week. For me, I usually make big crockpot meals of soups, half and half burgers, rice blends, and vegan burrito fillings. For my boyfriend, we make a lot of paleo stuff. Burgers, chicken, bean side dishes, paleo ramen fixings etc. We the wrap that stuff up and we put it in the fridge. This is easier throughout the week because all I have to do when he comes home is take something out, heat it up and maybe make a side salad and some homemade dressing and he's good to go. We also mix and match foods too. We try not to focus too much on eating meals together because I don't need to eat as much as him. We rather focus on spending time together. When I make him dinner, If I already ate or I'm not hungry, I just make a cup of tea and eat a biscuit or some fruit. We talk and spend time together which is also a good break from all the books lol. The big cooking days are also helpful because I teach him how to cook.

@mom23mangos Thank you so much! you are always so sweet. I'll be honest with you that this regime is only about a year and a half long. I've never struggled with weight either but I used to forget to eat so much. One time my sophomore year I fainted in a lecture hall because I hadn't eaten enough through the week because of projects and I knew from the giant knot of my head I had to get my life together. It's important to start now so I can build these habits but omg I was so terrible too. I lived on Reese's cups and water.

@sardelsa I really don't recommend skipping dinner for people who are active throughout the day. It works for me because in the evenings I'm usually sitting at a computer or desk doing work. Lunch is my biggest meal of the day. I usually eat tons of veggies and I'm a huge sucker for fries so I usually get a lot of calories from that meal but from that point on in the day I'm stationary. I don't exert much energy so come dinner time I'm not hungry at all. I usually just do an intense cardio workout shower and go to bed. When I wake up I'm really hungry and I just have a super big breakfast. Breakfast and fries are my great weaknesses in life lol.
    Oh and chocolate lol.

Also @sardelsa I'm so envious of your progress. No matter what you do you'll look fantastic so I wouldn't stress too much about it. I'd just focus on my bum and see what the weight will do.

• pjowkar
    pjowkar Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am probably in the just normal range of weight 5ft 6 143 lbs, but dont look spectacular.
    I know on this site it is just bad if you say you wanna look like a Victorias Secret model, but yeah I do and I think I couöd only say it in this group. It is probably difficult for people that have 100 pounds to lose just to get to the normal weight to understand this goal. I am honest to say I am dying to find friends that are NOT anorexic, just feeling hot enough to say they like to be the hottest version of theorselves.

I invite you to invite me to be my friends!
    I am not aiming to disturb someones feelings with this honesty, or to promote unhealthy thinking, just to find friends that have the willpower to get from normal to spectacular, no matter what spectacular means for you as long as it is not 100 lbs below your currant weight.

This way we will be discussing similar problems!
    My goal is 118 to 120 pounds, toned body.

Mirella

I am 5'3" and will never look like a VS model. I have short limbs too. My goal is Scarlett Johansson. She's around 125 lbs but still has curves and muscles. We currently have the same height and bra size so I think it's possible. LOL
  • plainpixxel
    Options
    @pjowkar Hey and Welcome. Scarlett Johansson is a great goal. She's totally gorgeous. Don't feel too bad about your height, so many of us here are members of the total shortie club! I think you have a great goal. I'm sure you will reach it.
  • Niki_Fitz
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @plainpixxel those are great ideas for managing around a partner's eating. I can do a little of that for sure because taking care of even two days with weekend prep will help.

@pjowkar welcome! Love your S-Jo inspiration. I for one am drawn to the yoga or fitness model look.

I have a hard time keeping from looking too toned especially in my damned arms. Guys, the massage as a career is great but add some extra circuit training, like in the last two weeks, and my arms totally bulk.

So no more training my arms. And I am suspicious of the BCAAs, I stopped taking those because I wonder if they had this effect although all I wanted was to prevent lean muscle loss maybe they got me some bulk?

My new non-scale goal is to get to more dance classes and do zero lifting for the shoulders. Even bad Zumba classes use my legs and core how I want them to be - long and lithe.

This is funny: the teacher today wore a huge flannel shirt around her waist to keep her big pants up, I had no idea what she was cueing haha. She's a substitute so that's good news, maybe the regular teacher is more inspiring.
  • VictoriaTuel
    VictoriaTuel Posts: 1,604 Member
    Options
    I just got back from visiting my family and I ate so poorly - mainly because I there were maybe 2 vegetables in the fridge at any one time. I can literally feel the water weight I've retained from all the salty and starchy food we ate and my skin is very upset with me. I did at least manage to run a few 5Ks while I was there.

On the plus side, I have never been more excited to eat vegetables in my life lol. @plainpixxel I'm going to need some of your dedication to get myself back together. Do any of you have specific things you do after you've eaten poorly for a while? My only plan was to eat veggies and protein for the next week and maybe cut my calories back to 1200.

@pjowkar welcome! I think a lot of people here like ScarJo's look - I'm personally aiming for more of a fitness model look than VS myself - even though I have the long legs for VS, I'd like a little more muscle definition.

@wellnesschaser I love Zumba! I think it's a great way to get moving besides just running, which I also do a lot of. I may be biased though since I'm friends with the instructor. I like group classes in general because I think sometimes they give you the extra motivation to go, and you get to see all the people you've met in the class.
  • mom23mangos
    Options
    @pjowkar Hey and Welcome. Scarlett Johansson is a great goal. She's totally gorgeous. Don't feel too bad about your height, so many of us here are members of the total shortie club! I think you have a great goal. I'm sure you will reach it.

Raises hand...in addition to completely wrong body type. :P Most I can strive for is fitness model look as well.

@wellnesschaser, are you a professional masseuse? I'm always so fascinated by the profession. It seems that in releasing the muscles in your patients, you would be doing the opposite to your own body. It seems like a very demanding profession. I just started getting weekly/bi-weekly massages in order to try to get out the huge knots in my back. The guy I had yesterday was REALLY good. He was like "What in the HECK have you been doing? It's like working on a pitcher!" LOL. He did this thing where he put my arm behind my back to get underneath the scapula. Oh my god did it hurt, but I know it was necessary.
  • plainpixxel
    Options
    @wellnesschaser I'm glad you like the idea and I hope it helps. Let me know how it goes.

@VictoriaTuel After my vacation or when I eat crappy in general I usually kinda "detox" if you will. When I come home I take a day before I jump hardcore back into my exercise routine and kinda flush myself out using lots of liquids. The first day back from a big vacation I won't eat anything super heavy. Sometimes I avoid solid foods altogether and just drink smoothies and tea for my meals. If I do eat solids it's raw food. Salads, fruits, and uncooked veggies only. Hydrating yourself on smoothies, tea, and water will help you with any water weight or retention you may have from salty, starchy foods we all enjoy on vacation. Eating salad, fruits and veggies also help with this because they don't have any salt or processed food in them so you don't introduce any new salts or starches to your body. The next morning I'll eat a good breakfast and get back into my exercise routine. I usually try to work a little harder. Be sure to take a good multi-vitamin when you detox just to make sure you reach your daily nutrient requirements.

@mom23mangos I've always wanted to get a massage. What is it like? I don't really need a massage for tension but for stress and relaxation (is that the same thing? lol) Do they deliver good results?
  • WallyAmadeus
    WallyAmadeus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Coming late to this: There is a book titled "Secrets of Skinny Chicks", in which the author profiles professional models, body doubles for actresses, and fitness models. It isn't the usually fluffy stuff...it is exactly: height, weight, % body fat, what each one eats in a normal day, and work outs. All I can say is that it is very hard work...but achievable.

However, something I try to bear in mind: There are health risks, e.g., osteoporosis to being under a 19 or so BMI. Reading what some of these women eat (protein bars and steamed veggies) and their work outs (2 hours of cardio a day, one hour of weights), I think it would be challenging to look the way they do, have a healthy body through life, and do anything else.
  • mom23mangos
    Options
    @WallyAmadeus, that is one of the main reasons I lift. I want to prevent osteoporosis. My grandmother has it and just broke her hip and leg. I took Depo Provera shots for years when I was younger and I did some damage to my bones. I had a DEXA scan last year and they are fine now. Average, but not great.

I think the amount of effort varies person to person and with age. What took little effort 10 years ago takes a great deal of effort now.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    @WallyAmadeus, that is one of the main reasons I lift. I want to prevent osteoporosis. My grandmother has it and just broke her hip and leg. I took Depo Provera shots for years when I was younger and I did some damage to my bones. I had a DEXA scan last year and they are fine now. Average, but not great.

I think the amount of effort varies person to person and with age. What took little effort 10 years ago takes a great deal of effort now.

This. When I was 30, I remember standing in line at Beck's Prime with some friends to get a cheeseburger, fries, and milkshake. A meal I ate often and without a second thought. And I remember standing in that line and complaining that my size 0 pants were too loose. This was a time in my life when I was running regularly, but doing no other exercise at all, eating like a horse and drinking like a [very drunk] fish.

Now, 10 years later, I GAIN weight when I'm running regularly, because my appetite gets out of control and I guess I don't burn it off the way I used to.
  • dubstepvideobody
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @plainpixxel you are so sweet thank you for the long answer :) Great discipline with the detox as well. Sounds very healthy all that you do :D I also work part time (once a week in a law office, because I srudy for my final exams all day in the library), but would never be that disciplined like you do it. :D I just need more food I guess. I also upped my net intake to 1450 and calculated that I could maintain my goal weight (114 to 116) at 1477 net, so I guess I just will eat this amount forever :DI total 1600 to 2000 most days now, because I started doing more cardio (plainpixxel, You inspire me a lot in this aspect) and I am feeling good. The more you sit the more you need the workout after the long library day...

@mom23mangos I dont think being under the BMI is unhealthy, for me being over the middle line of the BMI is less healthy than being 16.5 or 17 BMI. 23 to 24 is already overweight for me. :smiley: I think that most VS models have pretty healthy lifestyles and they are just blessed with thin bodies.
    Lifting weights is great, I do it for cosmetic goals , but belive it could prevent a lot of things if not overdone. A lot of women nowadays (crossfitters for example) overdo it though. Buuut this is my opinon, like always somehow I couldnt not tell it :smiley:

@pjowkar welcome! Great goal, she was so hot in iron Man. I loved loved her and still love her :D big inspiration. Also it doesnt matter the height. We are here for the main reason that we have leaner than most people would understand goals. With more or less curves, all in the healthy range
  • dubstepvideobody
    edited July 2017
    Options
    My scale broke and I cant measure my progress! But I started getting more compliments about my form or even somebody asked me how did I lose so much weight so fast. I guess it is getting closer to the goal.
    I also decided to stop training with squats and found a new strategy 'build butt without legs'. You can google it, the exercises you will find are sooo good! But probably most of you are familiar with it :smiley: I just wanted to share the inspiration with you! I think it would bring me closer to the lean look than getting bigger thighs. Mine are on the bulky side. :neutral:
    How are you doing?
    And where is @GoldenEye_ ??

P.S. I am typing from my phone, sorry if I overlook some questions :smiley:
  • dubstepvideobody
    edited July 2017
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »

This. When I was 30, I remember standing in line at Beck's Prime with some friends to get a cheeseburger, fries, and milkshake. A meal I ate often and without a second thought. And I remember standing in that line and complaining that my size 0 pants were too loose. This was a time in my life when I was running regularly, but doing no other exercise at all, eating like a horse and drinking like a [very drunk] fish.

Now, 10 years later, I GAIN weight when I'm running regularly, because my appetite gets out of control and I guess I don't burn it off the way I used to.

I think its just calories in calories out. I typed in the iifym calculator (because once I wanted to tell to myself from now you will never eat more than 1800 calories no matter what :smiley: which was really silly, but I like rules, esp rules that should be forever) how much I will need when I am 40 and workout the same as now. Surprise surprise, A LOT less. Like 200 or 300 cals less. A 80 year old would need 1000 cals less for my goal weight. Which also explains why old people are on the heavy side even if they eat extremely small portions. If they dont change portions, they become heavier. Even in 10 years you can reduce your needs. And appetite is normal, just maybe also a thing of the habits you have built in 10 years. I think one could be fit forever. Metabolism is not that important! Except you have thyroid problems. I also like people that work for their great body more than the people that just 'have it'. It shows discipline and character!