NSV's

Options

Replies

• cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Steph_Maks wrote: »
    Today I crossed something off my 'bucket list'... I did the 'Edgewalk' at the CN Tower. This is where you go outside ontop of the observation deck, and walk around the outside of the tower 1160 feet / 356 meters above the ground. See here: http://www.edgewalkcntower.ca

I've wanted to do this since they started in 2011. They obviously have a weight limit, and there's mobility requirements, so back then I just forgot about it, figured it would never happen.

q5z5phnj9r0m.jpg

It was exhillirating, exciting, and more than a little vertigo-inducing. But once you're used to it, it's a heck of a view.

They have you stand with your toes at the edge and lean out, they have you lean out backwards, and walk right on the edge, it's pretty challenging. You get about 25 - 30 minutes out there, slowly making your way around the outside of it, and posing for photos of course! :smile:

The only disappointment was the orange suits are super unflattering and I hate all the full-length pics because between the suit and the harness, all I can see is my big belly. :angry:

I will be in Toronto later this month for work. I am terrified of heights which makes this more appealing as I hate being afraid of anything and therefore look for opportunities to confront those fears. That is a pretty steep price for short notice, though.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Oh my @Steph_Maks! The glass floor was exciting enough for me! My husband and I visited Toronto in 2003. There was so much to see and do. I really enjoyed Casa Loma and the Royal Ontario Museum, Your public transportation is excellent and everyone was so helpful in directing us where we wanted to go.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    I will be in Toronto later this month for work. I am terrified of heights which makes this more appealing as I hate being afraid of anything and therefore look for opportunities to confront those fears. That is a pretty steep price for short notice, though.

Yeah the price is a bit steep, but it's a thrill. You get a couple photos, a DVD, and the ticket includes access to the rest of the tower. Though after walking around the outside, the view from indoors isn't quite as compelling haha!

I used to think I was afraid of heights, but now I'm pretty sure I'm afraid of falling. The height itself doesn't trouble me. Having said that, I will admit the first minute or two I was having a lot of vertigo. By the end though I was totally comfortable. Standing with my toes at the edge leaning over and looking down, admiring the view.

@kpk54 the ROM is one of my favorite spots in Toronto. I haven't been in years, I live about 40km northwest of the city. This was only my second visit to Toronto in a few years.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Steph_Maks wrote: »
    cstehansen wrote: »

Yeah the price is a bit steep, but it's a thrill. You get a couple photos, a DVD, and the ticket includes access to the rest of the tower. Though after walking around the outside, the view from indoors isn't quite as compelling haha!

I used to think I was afraid of heights, but now I'm pretty sure I'm afraid of falling. The height itself doesn't trouble me. Having said that, I will admit the first minute or two I was having a lot of vertigo. By the end though I was totally comfortable. Standing with my toes at the edge leaning over and looking down, admiring the view.

@kpk54 the ROM is one of my favorite spots in Toronto. I haven't been in years, I live about 40km northwest of the city. This was only my second visit to Toronto in a few years.

Actually, @Steph_Maks, even the falling isn't a problem.
    The trick is to avoid hitting the ground.... ;)

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options

Actually, @Steph_Maks, even the falling isn't a problem.
    The trick is to avoid hitting the ground.... ;)

It is the sudden stop at the end that gets you.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Every time....
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    @Steph_Maks that looks awesome!
    What a great NSV!
  • Liadin123
    Liadin123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    @Steph_Maks WOW! That's inspiring and amazing! I would probably throw up.. lol, but that's a great NSV!!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Ha! Make that "had to put yet ANOTHER new hole in your belt" @2t9nty ?
  • mskathleen7
    mskathleen7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fat4Fuel2 wrote: »
    How awesome does it feel that NOT eating sugar FEELS like a victory? :blush: :sparkles: (MFP needs to add sparkles..) You got this, girl!

Or being able to say No to sugar without a second thought? Freedom!

[/quote]

I'm almost there with you, just so close........keep goin girl, you're doing great!!! I'll be there soon...............lol
  • mskathleen7
    mskathleen7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    His Loss!!!
    For the first time in forever I didn't stress eat. I have a major test coming up tomorrow, and my boyfriend of over a year just broke up with me, still didn't reach for the food, in fact I couldn't eat at all.

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Ha! Make that "had to put yet ANOTHER new hole in your belt" @2t9nty ?

I am stubbornly keeping the same belt and it has a 10 inch tongue these days. It was in fact another hole. It is always there as a reminder of things even when the scales or glucose levels have been difficult.

I went for a doctor's appt yesterday, and it seems they rescheduled it for September. I am pretty sure I never was notified of this. My metformin expired with this appointment, so the receptionist said she could get it renewed for me. I was a little irritated.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »
    I had to put a new hole in my belt.

Isn't it about time for a new belt?