NSV's

Options

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Abm4n wrote: »
    Not sure if this counts as an NSV but since losing weight I am really feeling the cold! Only 15 degrees outside but inside I have the oil heater on and I am wearing two tee shirts, two woollen jumpers and a tracksuit top!

@Abm4n - I joke about this one myself. I'm still overweight/obese, but I joke that I've lost enough fat now that I get cold easier! I definitely think it's an NSV, but an annoying one, like shrinking out of clothing so fast it gets expensive, etc. LOL On the flip side, I've been getting overheated easier this summer, but I think that's more to do with my thyroid meds being adjusted...sweating like it's a job. SMH
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Kimo159 wrote: »
    When I lost my first chunk of weight a few years back I noticed myself getting colder quite a bit easier. During the winter I always have a scarf and gloves in my purse now.

NSV this morning!! I decided to try on my fave little black dress to see where I was at with it. Last time I wore it I used spanx but I still felt like I didn't look that great in it. Which sucks because it's an amazing dress and super comfy (which spanx kind of ruins). Anyway, this morning not only did it look good, but it looked good without spanx!! I'm rocking it today, look great, and I feel like I'm wearing pajamas! Today is a good day!

I have a dress I wore when I graduated from RN school several years ago. It's timeless and classic and I can't bear to part with it. I was thinking the other day it's my goal. To wear it again and it look as good as it did the first time I wore it. I'm still about 30 lbs away from feeling like I should even try. So congrats to you! I can't wait to know how you feel!!!
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    When I lost my first chunk of weight a few years back I noticed myself getting colder quite a bit easier. During the winter I always have a scarf and gloves in my purse now.

NSV this morning!! I decided to try on my fave little black dress to see where I was at with it. Last time I wore it I used spanx but I still felt like I didn't look that great in it. Which sucks because it's an amazing dress and super comfy (which spanx kind of ruins). Anyway, this morning not only did it look good, but it looked good without spanx!! I'm rocking it today, look great, and I feel like I'm wearing pajamas! Today is a good day!

I have a dress I wore when I graduated from RN school several years ago. It's timeless and classic and I can't bear to part with it. I was thinking the other day it's my goal. To wear it again and it look as good as it did the first time I wore it. I'm still about 30 lbs away from feeling like I should even try. So congrats to you! I can't wait to know how you feel!!!

You'll be back in it before you know it! Make sure you let us know when you get back into that dress!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    ohh there will be photos! ; :)
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options

Awesome! Congratulations! My little black dress is calling my name! I think maybe 15 lbs or so I should give it a try :smiley:

• Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    co_lau wrote: »
    I successfully ate sweet potato fries.

I have been eating sweet potato baked in lard...until I found out they contain more carbs than normal potatoes. Sigh...they tasted so good!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options

I have been eating sweet potato baked in lard...until I found out they contain more carbs than normal potatoes. Sigh...they tasted so good!

If you are eating the sweet potatoes that way, you feel good, you are still losing weight, and your blood markers/health markers are good, why did you stop eating them because of numbers on a paper? I don't understand this idea, honestly. I'm not being flippant, but serious. @Abm4n - Will you explain to me the reasoning?

Sweet potatoes may have more carbs than white potatoes, but they also have more fiber. In the range of glycemic impact, per a diabetes doctor, they go least preferred to most preferred: white potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash/pumpkin/etc. So that's still middle of the road, and they're packed with fab nutrition. What am I missing??
  • co_lau
    co_lau Posts: 35 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

If you are eating the sweet potatoes that way, you feel good, you are still losing weight, and your blood markers/health markers are good, why did you stop eating them because of numbers on a paper?

I cannot answer for the other member, but for myself: 1 cup of sweet potatoes contains 27g of carbs and only 4g fiber, for 23 net carbs. That's a LOT of carbs for a single meal, a LOT of carbs for a single item. Personally, I strive to consume fewer than 45g carbs per day. There's just not room for a sweet potato when there other food choices that have better nutrient profiles and don't throw the carb curve. Hence my careful planning to incorporate the sweet potato fries - but that much effort into food planning just isn't manageable for daily living.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @co_lau - it's for that reason that I've avoided them since going low carb over 18 months ago. I got addicted and quickly. I agree with you...

I was just curious about the other poster who said they were eating them successfully until they observed how many carbs were in it. If you're eating it and progressing, I didn't understand the concern.... I know the math and I know my love for them, so I still steer clear. I guess it was the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" thing that confused me.
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I love sweet potatoes too, and I plan to add them back into my diet once I get to maintenance level. They are the one thing I REALLY miss! Yes, sweets were never my problem... it was always the potatoes, bread and pasta that didn't love me as much as I loved them.