Who is racing this weekend?

Options

Replies

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    10k in my home town in the middle of nowhere on Saturday. Last year only 10 people ran the 10k (there's also a 5k run/walk). There's a very real chance that I may actually come in last, so the goal is to have fun and celebrate how far I've come over the past year and a half!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    I will be running, but not racing, the Shoreline Half Marathon on Saturday. I've agreed to be the 1:40 pacer, so the objective is to finish in 1:40 with as close as possible to even splits of 7:38 every mile. The course is mostly flat with a few wimpy rolling hills, but the weather is traditionally hot and humid. It will be an experience to see how well I can do this.

Sunday I ran 11.8 miles at an average 7:37 pace, but that was a coincidence. I wasn't really watching my pace, and my splits weren't as even as they should be for pacing a half. OTOH, I ran more hills on Sunday than there will be at Shoreline.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Eugene Curnow trail marathon on Saturday. This will technically be a "training run" with SWAG for me, as I am diving into 100k training.
  • rgl536
    rgl536 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Running the Run United 5K on Saturday, if my knee will allow it.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Weekend starts at 5PM on Friday, right? By that definition, I'm racing this weekend. Karknocker 5K, gun time 7 PM on Friday. Small race, probably no bling; but it's in the Rochester Runner of the Year series, which means I have a chance to make progress toward winning my age group for the series.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    not technically a race, but I'll be running the UMTR "not Quite" 50k FatAss this weekend.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Another midweek race and another unfamiliar distance. I'm running a 7K on Thursday evening. I haven't yet decided if I'm racing this or just running fast. Maybe I'll see who shows up to motivate me. :smiley:
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    HM in Warsaw, Poland this weekend. For me, races are the reward for my training - I sometimes actually refer to them as running parties ;) Can't wait!
  • dewd2
    Options
    Harrisburg Half Marathon on Sunday. Goal for this race is to negative split for the first time ever. :smile:
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Wabash Trace Half Marathon in SW Iowa this weekend - it is on a 'rails to trails' path. It's my 2nd HM and my goal is to finish. I would like to say I should PR, but a cluster of health-related things say that is out of reach.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Bad Cow 12 hour on Saturday. Planning at least a marathon, possibly 50K.

Bad Cow Marathon on Sunday.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Doing the Historic Hillsborough Half Marathon on Sunday, October 1. Did the inaugural HM last year and came in second in my age group. Last year I was starting my taper for my marathon three weeks later so I felt really prepared. This year I'll be six weeks out from my next marathon and so far it doesn't feel like it is coming together, yet.
  • hedkell
    hedkell Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! Let us know how you go, enjoy
  • MeanderingMammal
    Options
    Clarendon Marathon on Sunday; Salisbury to Winchester about 27 miles and fairly hilly.
  • MeanderingMammal
    Options
    Clarendon Marathon on Sunday; Salisbury to Winchester about 27 miles and fairly hilly.

Gutted. I've been feeling a bit tough for a few days but planned to go ahead with the race today. Woke up at five o'clock to get ready, with a pounding headache and feeling ill.

DNS :(

I'd wanted to get to ten by the end of the year, but won't be able to now.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Big Woods Trail Half Marathon Saturday, if my strained calf muscle will cooperate.

Sorry about the DNS, @MeanderingMammal ! I've had a few of those, but never for a marathon. A devestating blow, I'm sure.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Bourbon Chase Ragnar relay- 200 miles from Louisville to Lexington, KY. Our team starts at 7:45 Friday morning with a projected finish sometime Saturday afternoon. This is the first time I have done a race of this type. I am excited and nervous, as I have a leg that is 5.4 miles on "remote country roads" and my calculations have me there at about 3AM. But I heard that all of the distilleries on the trail roll out the red carpet, so there's that to look forward to!
  • dewd2
    Options
    Got a call Thursday afternoon asking if I was running the Hershey Half. I said no and I didn't plan on it. They then offered me a free entry to which I said, 'sure, why not". Coming to my senses I called a friend and asked her to join me as a relay. I mean I have 8 miles scheduled anyway, so why not get some bling (and chocolate) for my effort. :)
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,909 Member
    Options
    Go Commando Half Marathon this weekend 10/21/2017