Sammy's OMAD Path

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I think I'm almost always in the mood to eat, sigh! Take it when you can (as long as it isn't a daily thing)!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I think I'm almost always in the mood to eat, sigh! Take it when you can (as long as it isn't a daily thing)!

oh it is definitely not an every day thing, I am hoping to get out of this funk soon. Thanks!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options

+1
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »

+1

Me too!!!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Sammy, you're doing great!
    That's cool that you have a fasting timer, too. How cool!
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Sammy, you're doing great!
    That's cool that you have a fasting timer, too. How cool!

I am a big Fan of the timer, because sometimes I get so far out of my range that I can draw it back in... It also keeps tracks of all my fast since I have had it downloaded. So that is cool to be able to look at.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »

+1

Me too!!!

ONE. HUNDRED. PERCENT. THIS.

***JEALOUS*** lol
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    I will be heavy tonight. I am really hungry! :)
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    Dinner tonight was sublimely amazing. Veggie burger, and a few bites of cheese fries. Dinner out with a girlfriend. Best way to end a long day at work. I know the veggie burger was around 300 cals, perhaps 500 to 600 for the fries. Let's face all that cheese.

zilpf8jphkbs.jpg
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Looks amazing!! My kind of meal...
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    yummie yummie meals!!! I do agree sometimes we aren´t hungry...in my Paleo days, this was a sign that we were already in "cetosis" and the doc following my case was not encouraging me to fast but he said that if you didnt feel like eating just get going into a fast and break it when hunger returned. I remember I did a 48h spontaneous fast at that time..I actually forgot I did it...but it was sooo natural that I didnt even think I was fasting..and then I resumed eating normally... I recon our bodies are made to do that...feast and fast depending on so many internal and external conditions...
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Your meal looks absolutely fabulous!!!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I agree with the "going by feel" approach. It has not failed me yet in terms of diet, fasting or exercise.
    If you don't feel like a big meal don't stuff yourself, and if you're extra hungry go for it.
    If we just eat until feeling comfortably full we're more likely to be giving our bodies just what it needs and no more and feeling very satisfied.
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    This is how my manager bribes me to work through lunch. The pop from her lunch take out, and Sonic water, extra ice.

hfjp5uxjeqlf.jpg
  • brittdee88
    Options
    What's special about Sonic's water? Sorry if that's a dumb question -- I didn't grow up with Sonic!
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    What's special about Sonic's water? Sorry if that's a dumb question -- I didn't grow up with Sonic!

It isn't the water itself. Its the ice, they have the most wonderful semi-crushed ice.

And for an Ice eater like me, it in my daily routine.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Oh okay! I do love me some crushed ice. I don't know why it's so special but it seems like it makes every drink taste better!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    jvcinv wrote: »
    I agree with the "going by feel" approach. It has not failed me yet in terms of diet, fasting or exercise.
    If you don't feel like a big meal don't stuff yourself, and if you're extra hungry go for it.
    If we just eat until feeling comfortably full we're more likely to be giving our bodies just what it needs and no more and feeling very satisfied.

I do wonder about totally eating by feel though. If that worked without any pre-deternined diet schedule, none of us would have gotten fat. For about the 1st 33-yrs of my life, that worked for me and I ate all I wanted, what I wanted, when I wanted and I didn't gain weight much (was about 160-lbs at age 25, 180 at ages 27-33 or so and then started gaining after that). I even force fed-myself to try to gain weight when I was lower than 160 (16-yr old at 145 at my same height as I'm at now). At age 33 I went back to grad school and stayed up late everynight doing homework and usually ate chips and salsa and ice-cream to keep me going. That was the beginning of my bad weight gain!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

It isn't the water itself. Its the ice, they have the most wonderful semi-crushed ice.

And for an Ice eater like me, it in my daily routine.

Oh gracious, sweet lady, do you actually crave ice? I used to crave it, daily, for years! Please have your iron checked. Pica is a medical term used to describe cravings for non-foods like baking soda, nail polish, sand... and ice. Ice being especially associated with a severe iron deficiency. After I learned about it, I had my iron checked and I had severe anemia due to heavy menstrual cycles.