Daily Check-In for Keto Friends 2017 Version

Options

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    If you have any sort of health issue, @diamondsnthesky - they recommend stepping down slowly in carbs. I don't do well with stepping down - it's easier for me to dive in...but I wish I had...I've aggravated some major issues with my thyroid over the diving in part.... Still making my way back 100%... Good luck!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I don't seem to be able to leave well enough alone..for example: in my quest to adjust my food plan to a healthier and more organic one...I have indeed made it healthier, but have cut some habits out that may have helped me be successful in my keto life...ie, my unlimited coffee pot.

Seems without it my eating levels soar, carbs creep freely, and soon I've lost my grip. Even though it's all healthy as heck, the poundage goes up fast.

So. Change in plans. Unlimited (now organic) coffee is back, as many cups as I want as I did when I first lost regularly. I can still eat healthy food, just less amounts. Keeping my cream for now, too. But I have switched to Stevia drops for sweetner. All good.

Hope this helps me out.
    The challenge is still on!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    It's amazing what we learn along the way, isn't it, @elize7 ?
  • elize7
    Options
    Just reminded of how difficult it is to reign in the carbs once they reestablish themselves. Yesterday was a step in the right direction, but not the level I was hoping for. Today's challenge will be alcohol as it's extended dance night, and I'll be coping with that uncomfortable situation, which I am at least trying to cope with at this point. That is progress. After that, the weekend calms down so I'm planning on rising to the challenge and re-ketofy myself. Really don't like the carb effects on my body or my mind. The sooner I leave them behind, the happier I'll be. That is a fact.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    dawnz75 wrote: »
    Hmm I did not realize strawberries fit so nicely into my low carb macros. I have been super strict, no sweeteners, no fruit the past 6 weeks. But no cravings either, so I have been happy. But yesterday and today I ate 4 to 5 strawberries with lunch and they fit in wonderfully and did not leave me wanting more sweets. /happy dance

@dawnz75 Take 4/5 strawberries cut them in 1/2 and soak them like 30 minutes in balsamic vinegar. I thought this would be gross but turns out it is delicious.
  • KetosisTina
    Options
    So my Dr. put me on a 30 day PSMF (protein sparing modified fast). It like low fat keto, which is hard for me as I am used to my bullet proof coffee in the morning. So High Protein, low fat, low carb, low calorie. 1000 or less calories a day. I get like 4 Premier Protein shakes a day and then a meal with 6 oz lean protein (thank you Costco pre-cooked shrimp) and a lower carb veggie. I usually go with spinach, broccoli, cauliflower or asparagus. I have been gaining weight for the last year. So he wants me to change it up for 30 days. He said this is NOT a long term protocol. Well one week down, and I'm down 4.5 lbs... so appears to be working. It is actually really easy to follow during the work week. A shake at 5:30, 8:30, 11:30 and 2:30 then come have my shrimp and veggy about 5. I thought I would be hungrier without all my fat but so far so good. But my Keurig and heavy cream are still calling to me.
  • KetosisTina
    Options
    @elize7 As for alcohol, I find if I either drink Michelob Ultra, or a drink with straight alcohol, rum, vodka etc, with no fruity or sugary add ins. I will still be in ketosis that next day. I have not tested this with over 3 drinks. 3 beers or 3 shots. Rum and diet coke or lately we have been trying Zevia cola, sweetened with stevia. - just a thought
  • clowe1028
    clowe1028 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    @KetosisTina My breakfast is a vanilla Premier Protein drink mixed into cold brewed coffee. It is delicious, my version of a frappacino.
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I was doing so well... and then it happened... my daughter made sugar cookies... I haven't been tempted to have anything like that in a very long time. I don't even know what came over me. I helped her scoop them off the tray for them to cool and then it was like I blacked out temporarily... when I came to, 3 cookies were missing... now my stomach hurts and I'm kicking myself! Ugh!!!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Thanks. I'm better now. I have since had some good IF and Keto days along with my biggest loss to date.
  • KetosisTina
    Options
    clowe1028 wrote: »
    @KetosisTina My breakfast is a vanilla Premier Protein drink mixed into cold brewed coffee. It is delicious, my version of a frappacino.

Awesome idea. I have both vanilla and chocolate, will try that tomorrow morning for sure.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    @elize7 haven't heard from you in a few days... how are you doing?
  • elize7
    Options
    Hi Christy and keto pals. Doing okay....I think. About to travel 2000 miles by car to see my Mom, so I'm getting ready. Totally ready for that reboot that traveling seems to give me, and a new perspective when I get home hopefully. Kind of feeling like I've run myself into the ground.
    On a good note, healing up some with my ex...not sure where that will go, or if I can handle it, but it's better than the previous few months, for sure.
    Food plan, yoga plan, personal life plan is all feeling kind of iffy at best for the moment, although I'm not in a bad space at all. Very chill. Hence, looking forward to rebooting and getting right back up on the keto horse.
    I guess what I'm saying is, like it or not, I guess I'm on vacay for the next couple weeks. I'll be around, though.

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Have a great trip @elize7! I recently went on a road trip though only ~1000 miles. It was so easy. I packed a cooler of boiled eggs and diet drinks and it got me through the day. A 1 day unintentional egg fast. LOL. On the way back, I got some ice from the machine at the hotel and packed some cheese, nuts a pack of frankenmeat and diet drinks from the convenience store by the hotel. Mindlessly eating while driving has always been an unnecessary habit for me. I ate only at my "pit stops" when hungry. Easy peazy.

Drive safely and watch out for the other guy. Enjoy your visit. Moms are precious and won't be around forever.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @elize7 - Sending all the best thoughts for your keto-booting...and surviving a visit to mom, no matter how stress-free your visits might be, spending time with family is always a double-edged sword for me! Don't forget to pop in so that we won't worry, but have a great time, and share with us the perspective...

Sending good thoughts for whatever healing with the ex...
  • amylyzz
    amylyzz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I hope it is okay if I join you. My teenage daughter and I started low carb June 29th. Today I hit the 40 lb mark. I am interested in learning from others on the same journey.
  • elize7
    Options
    Thanks for the travel tips. The awesome travel food ideas and also the reminder about visiting family. I absolutely adore my mom, but there is no other person on the planet who can reduce me to emotional rubble without even speaking a word out loud!!! Lol!! She's a trip. Force field protection will be activated!!! But like I said, she has been awesome to me as well.
    It's now looking like the last week in August...maybe I can get on track before that. That would be nice!
    Luv you guys so much.