100 days log (plus progress, struggles and reflections)

Options

Replies

• daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @Hannah2Heart @Wraiythe @MiamiSeoul @EBJ88 @drabbits2 @carlsoda @jackinorrie @SheilaCali @VampireAngelWings @strongerbytheday @ana_varn @wellnesschaser

Great job everyone!

It's so hot outside, we don't have that much time, we're stiff, we're struggling with the poses, but we did it :)

Let's get into day 3/ 2 for some of us :)
    Be gentle with yourself :)
    Some days it's ok if we do only few poses, the only important thing is that we do it...our body loves consistency :)

I wish you everyone a great day
  • daneejela
    Options
    Day 3/100 ✔️

(In the case that you wander - I am not doing yoga in 2, 3 am or anything near :) I am on the other side of the globe then most of you, so it's actually 10 am here :) )

• SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Day 3: getting stronger sequence (thanks again daneejela). After 100 days, I should be able to get and keep my legs up in the air!
  • VampireAngelWings
    VampireAngelWings Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Day 2 I was looking into that 30 days yoga video that was posted but after looking at her other videos I went with her beginner video. I honestly forget her name I think it's Adrian or something. But her beginner video was easy to follow and do. I may use it for a few days to get back into yoga and loosen up before trying her 30 day videos.
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Day 2 I didn't do--fell asleep on the couch before I got to yoga. Today--Day 3--20 minute flow with this online bundle I bought through omstars + did some poses from Kerri Verna's 30 day challlenge.

carisoda--thanks for the kind words. I am hoping a combo of yoga and acupuncture will help + swimming when I can get myself over there.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

My day two started at 5a.m. & ended at 8p.m. I tried to psych myself into doing half a dozen Sun Salutations, but all I could manage was to crawl into bed.

8/3 25 minutes Total Body Yoga w/Fightmaster Yoga

YAY <3

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Day 3: 10 minute vinyasa flow!
  • strongerbytheday
    strongerbytheday Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Day 2/100
    Today I had some trouble in my practice, with my RA wrists. I really hope that this doesn't aggravate them too much, but instead brings me some flexibility. Day 2 seemed more than a day apart form day one, in that it was more difficult for me. If it continues to progress quickly, then I may have to repeat days before I advance. Is it just me?
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Day 2/100
    Today I had some trouble in my practice, with my RA wrists. I really hope that this doesn't aggravate them too much, but instead brings me some flexibility. Day 2 seemed more than a day apart form day one, in that it was more difficult for me. If it continues to progress quickly, then I may have to repeat days before I advance. Is it just me?

Each day will be uniquely different. Just do what you can, if your wrists are sore don't do any downward dogs, give them a break and respect your body. Just keep practicing whatever you can :)
  • strongerbytheday
    strongerbytheday Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I definatly will! Thanks!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Day 2/100

I have bad wrists too and an instructor once told me to spread my fingers wider and move my weight from my wrists further up to the joints of my palms. It's helped. And repeating days is not a bad thing at all - your practice is yours.

I didn't check in for day 2, but it was a little more difficult. I had to modify a lot because of my knee.

Day 3 was a longer video. I had a lot of difficulty with the supported bridge pose near the end for some reason. I think I just need to be patient and wait for my shoulders to loosen up. :)
  • daneejela
    Options
    Day 4/100 ✔️

Today I did shorter sequence, my body is totally sore from other activities, so I choose easier poses for today.

Great job everyone! :)
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

8/4 40 minutes Good Morning Flow w/Floating Yoga School

WOO-HOO!

• SheilaCali
    Options
    Day 4: Yoga for Psoas with Adriene. Stretching my quads more is a must. You don't know how tight you are until you go out of your "normal" range of motion. So far so good.
  • VampireAngelWings
    VampireAngelWings Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of 100 did ok. Went with simple poses I am not very balanced so I stick to easy poses till I get better. I tried doing I forget the name something tree and could not hold it for even a second before I almost fell.
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Day 4 -- I got a bolster from Little Worries Yoga. It was pretty interesting. I did a bunch of poses without it--warriors, sun salutations, childs poses, cats and cows, then I used the bolster to jack up my hips while I did that inversion where you lay with your legs up the wall, then I did these back bends over the bolster, then I laid on it like lengthwise, down my spine. Loved it all. Worked on balance too.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    SheilaCali wrote: »
    Day 4: Yoga for Psoas with Adriene. Stretching my quads more is a must. You don't know how tight you are until you go out of your "normal" range of motion. So far so good.
    this is one of my favorite videos. Namely it hits all my sore areas
  • carlsoda
    Options
    4/100 was very short due to lack of time but I did a few good poses to keep my body loose
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    Day 5: 30 minute Adriene video. Noticed all those pushups I've been doing (for another challenge) are helping me with holding poses on my arms. Still a novice for sure. That's why they call it "practicing" yoga. There's always more growth to be had.
  • daneejela
    Options
    Day 5/100 ✔️