Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    OMG that looks so gooooooooood! Now I want pork for dinner! And very possibly a baked potato....with ungodly amounts of sour cream LOL
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    OMG that looks so gooooooooood! Now I want pork for dinner! And very possibly a baked potato....with ungodly amounts of sour cream LOL

Lol, "ungodly amounts of sour cream". Sour cream is the shizz!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »

Lol, "ungodly amounts of sour cream". Sour cream is the shizz!!!

PSSSSSSSHHHHH YEAH IT IS!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the 50 - so cool!!

I was wondering when your hubby was getting back (can't believe it's already been a month!) - have fun hanging out with him... I have this theory that being apart from one's partner for periods of time is really good for relationships - you actually get time to miss them. I spend a fair amount of time away from mine as I travel overseas about 8-10 weeks a year (though he has started tagging along to a lot of my conferences now) and really have found that to be true. Yours is probably way a fair bit more than that - it must be like vacation time for the two of you when he comes home!!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Oh that rib plate is mouth watering...you can fix up my plate anytime! My husband was always gone 4 days a week and I always liked it. We always had stuff to talk about. Now he's home all the time and it's not as 'exciting' lol...we walk like 2 miles every evening and that's when we get to talk...one on one...no distractions.
  • minigrrll
    Options
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Oh that rib plate is mouth watering...you can fix up my plate anytime! My husband was always gone 4 days a week and I always liked it. We always had stuff to talk about. Now he's home all the time and it's not as 'exciting' lol...we walk like 2 miles every evening and that's when we get to talk...one on one...no distractions.

That's what we do too - every day we meet at a park after work and walk around the lake...
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »

I was wondering when your hubby was getting back (can't believe it's already been a month!) - have fun hanging out with him... I have this theory that being apart from one's partner for periods of time is really good for relationships - you actually get time to miss them. I spend a fair amount of time away from mine as I travel overseas about 8-10 weeks a year (though he has started tagging along to a lot of my conferences now) and really have found that to be true. Yours is probably way a fair bit more than that - it must be like vacation time for the two of you when he comes home!!

Thanks, Sarah! :-)

We miss each other terribly when he's out for a month, though I agree that it really can be good for relationships! We talk and/or text often on any given day. I can't imagine this way of life without the ability to communicate daily, though. That would be rough and I don't know that I could've handled back in the day, not and stay sane anyway. lol

I think it's sweet that yours tags along! 8-10 weeks is a long time even if it's spread out. It is a vacation-like atmosphere when he's home, we love it so. He sure hates that I twist is arm to go golfing as much as he wants, sometimes I tag along, other times I don't. Frankly, I have no desire to tag along right now because it's so unbearably hot and humid here right now. I prefer to stay inside with the air conditioner or outside with the pool nearby. hahaha
  • wsandy8512
    Options

Their rib plate was really good! I love that you and your hubby take walks together every night. Laughing that it's not as "exciting" now that you are together 24/7. I appreciate that my hubby golfs when he's home for a month... I am the kind of person who absolutely does not function well if I don't have a few hours of alone time everyday. lolol
  • wsandy8512
    Options

That's what we do too - every day we meet at a park after work and walk around the lake...

AWWWWWWW, you meet up? That is just too precious! Almost like a secret affair you guys are having, but with each other! :-)

• amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Your chart of weight loss since March 5 is absolutely stunning! 50# - wow. It's your steady weekly losses that impress me most. Congratulations!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    amflautist wrote: »
    Your chart of weight loss since March 5 is absolutely stunning! 50# - wow. It's your steady weekly losses that impress me most. Congratulations!

Thanks so much :-)

• wsandy8512
    Options
    Lunch date with my hubby today downtown at a local designer burger place, food was fantastic! Not pictured is a chocolate drink I had before the food arrived. :-)

dw30ky6h2ly3.jpg
  • katjustkat
    Options
    Ohhh yeah...another make my mouth water plate...note to self: only look at the posts AFTER my meal...lol
    and yeah ...it's nice to have time alone, eh? I've been married 35 years soooo...yeah not too exciting lol...but super comfortable and a def like comfortable B)
  • wsandy8512
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Ohhh yeah...another make my mouth water plate...note to self: only look at the posts AFTER my meal...lol
    and yeah ...it's nice to have time alone, eh? I've been married 35 years soooo...yeah not too exciting lol...but super comfortable and a def like comfortable B)

Aww, that's so awesome you've been married for 35 years! We just had our 25th in March. Comfortable is awesome and there can still be excitement. If your grown children freak out over how you interact with each other, you're doing something right. Haha

Lol, I always same the same thing about not coming here until after I've eaten, but I'm a glutton for punishment I suppose. :)

• minigrrll
    Options

AWWWWWWW, you meet up? That is just too precious! Almost like a secret affair you guys are having, but with each other! :-)

Hahaha! I totally think that sometimes - people are going to think we're having an affair as we drive up in our separate cars!

To be honest, it's the only way I can get him to consistently go for a walk. If I try to get him to go after he gets home, he's always too hungry or too tired or has to practice etc. it is really nice though because it's just us with no distractions so we can unwind and tell each other about our days etc.
  • minigrrll
    Options

Thanks, Sarah! :-)

We miss each other terribly when he's out for a month, though I agree that it really can be good for relationships! We talk and/or text often on any given day. I can't imagine this way of life without the ability to communicate daily, though. That would be rough and I don't know that I could've handled back in the day, not and stay sane anyway. lol

I think it's sweet that yours tags along! 8-10 weeks is a long time even if it's spread out. It is a vacation-like atmosphere when he's home, we love it so. He sure hates that I twist is arm to go golfing as much as he wants, sometimes I tag along, other times I don't. Frankly, I have no desire to tag along right now because it's so unbearably hot and humid here right now. I prefer to stay inside with the air conditioner or outside with the pool nearby. hahaha

The tagging along thing is nice because we get to hang out, but also not so nice because he gets to stay in bed while I drag myself up early in the morning to go and work. Usually with a hangover - these meetings I go to are not moderate affairs!! Oh and then he gets to just wander around or drive somewhere and go sightseeing or just stay in bed and sleep all day if he wants!! Not that I'm bitter, of course...
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    God I wish I´d drop weight on those meals they look terrific Sandy!!!
    Hooray hooray hooray !!! well done? lol
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I LOVE those kinds of fries! I don't know if it's the cut of them or what, but they are the PERFECT texture!!!! YUMMMM! Glad your hubby is home and you all are enjoying each other's company :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 50-lbs lost! That is awesome!
  • katjustkat
    Options
    I missed the - 50 pounds. Wow that is grrrrrreat! Congrats!