Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to hearing about your break-fast meal!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    72 hours is long :o I couldn't do it...I hope you're meal was delicious o:)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Apologies for the lighting as it was dim in the restaurant. Tonight's breaking the fast meal was a special occasion because I haven't seen my friend in months. She and I chose McGuires Irish Pub and we had a great time! I feasted like a Queen and I feel zero guilt!

Started off with a lovely red wine and some $.18 been soup and dark bread with butter and honey, followed with a lettuce wedge and topped with bleu cheese and blue cheese crumble dressing, dinner was a steak with asparagus, and for dessert--though between the two of us we didn't eat 1/2 of it--cheesecake and some Irish coffee. The only things I polished off were the soup and asparagus and wine. The last picture is of the dollar bills hanging on the ceiling. They're actually all over he entire restaurant on the walls and ceilings, and every inch is covered. How cool is that?

xln3tq0nyfkg.jpg
    v4a9ddbsz7xd.jpg
    pueswjyx4ju1.jpg
    yue4c09y7nn4.jpg
    f48c8az8ceo2.jpg

• Brendalea69
    Options
    The food looks delicious and wow that's sooo cool about the money, I think I may have seen that restaurant on Diners Drive-ins and Dives?!
  • wsandy8512
    edited July 2017
    Options
    The food looks delicious and wow that's sooo cool about the money, I think I may have seen that restaurant on Diners Drive-ins and Dives?!

I've never seen the show, so not sure. This place has been around for decades though.

t really was an amazing meal. What I found most awesome, though, wasn't the food but my atttitude. I knew that I'd want the full experience, and I just listened to my body. I didn't gorge or inhale the food. The bean soup, which is probably the best I've had in my life and only 18 cents, was a nice way to break the fast, along with the wine. I took my time eating it and we talked and laughed and the waitress came back like 4 times before we made the large order. Anyway, my lettuce wedge came first and my body was like, "Okay, you've enjoyed enough of this, you'll want room for the other stuff." So I just stopped. The old me would have kept eating. I did the same with the steak, "You're satisfied but you want dessert, time to stop." I just can't get over it. The 72 hour fast really made me aware of listening to what my body is saying. I feel great inside and out right now. I may pay for it on the scale, but that will be okay! Think I hear my bed calling now. I'm sure to have a good night's sleep! :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »

I've never seen the show, so not sure. This place has been around for decades though.

t really was an amazing meal. What I found most awesome, though, wasn't the food but my atttitude. I knew that I'd want the full experience, and I just listened to my body. I didn't gorge or inhale the food. The bean soup, which is probably the best I've had in my life and only 18 cents, was a nice way to break the fast, along with the wine. I took my time eating it and we talked and laughed and the waitress came back like 4 times before we made the large order. Anyway, my lettuce wedge came first and my body was like, "Okay, you've enjoyed enough of this, you'll want room for the other stuff." So I just stopped. The old me would have kept eating. I did the same with the steak, "You're satisfied but you want dessert, time to stop." I just can't get over it. The 72 hour fast really made me aware of listening to what my body is saying. I feel great inside and out right now. I may pay for it on the scale, but that will be okay! Think I hear my bed calling now. I'm sure to have a good night's sleep! :)

That is amazing! The food looks absolutely breathtaking and the place looks like a lot of fun! I'm so proud of the attitude you took it dinner and I'm so so glad that you really enjoyed yourself cuz you earned it after that fast, well-done Sandy!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    So cool about stopping before finishing each course! Almost makes me want to do a longer fast... Also just listened to a bunch more of the Complete Guide to Fasting while driving to and from a hair appointment. Hmmmm....
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Great job on your long fast! You deserved that tasty dinner!
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Wow Sandy amazing experience specially what you draw from your longer fast, the reset and the ability to tune into your body much more clearly hurrey!!!

• wsandy8512
    Options
    All of you are so wonderful and supportive! Thanks so much, it really turned out to be an awesome experience, one I'll never regret. And I don't regret my feast at all and am super proud of myself for being so in tune with my body! :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    So cool about stopping before finishing each course! Almost makes me want to do a longer fast... Also just listened to a bunch more of the Complete Guide to Fasting while driving to and from a hair appointment. Hmmmm....

I still cannot get over the stopping for each course. The old, three meals and snacks a day, me would have eaten everything put in front of going a few hours without food, let alone three days. Lol. I love that book!
  • wsandy8512
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I don't know if the regain just hasn't taken effect yet, but despite my whopper of a meal last night, I gained .7 of the nearly 5 pounds that was lost over the fast, yet have maintained a total loss of four pounds since last Friday's weigh-in. Is this a good sign, do you think? I was 179.9 on the morning of my 3rd day of my fast and weighed in at 180.6 this morning. Two days until weigh-in. *Crosses fingers in hopes of keeping off those pounds**
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I'd say it is a good sign, I usually bounce back by 2-3 pounds the day after I break a fast.
    Don't be discouraged if it continues to creep up a little over the next couple days though, it's normal.
    You should still end up a net loss.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    jvcinv wrote: »
    I'd say it is a good sign, I usually bounce back by 2-3 pounds the day after I break a fast.
    Don't be discouraged if it continues to creep up a little over the next couple days though, it's normal.
    You should still end up a net loss.

Jim, are you a mind reader? Lol I just got back on to tag you because you have a great amount of experience in this area. Thank you for your words of wisdom, kind Sir :)
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    That is the book that got me started! Great fast, Sandy! So glad it made you feel healthy and re-set.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    That's amazing Sandy! So glad you didn't see a huge uptick! I keep most of my extended fast weight off in the long run though the day after I usually see a big gain, so BRAVO babe!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Sandy, you are doing so well! I am so happy for you! And that is absolutely amazing that you only had a small bump up.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Sandy thats great and I hope you keep that loss o:) Way to go!!!
  • wsandy8512
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Leftover steak from McGuire's with kale, onions, mini peppers, scrambled eggs and served over a bed of Jasmine rice. In the dessert cup: pudding made by blending frozen cherries, a nanner, Carob powder, and peanut butter and topped with chia seeds and walnuts. In the glass, a delicious red wine :)

**I couldn't eat even half of my meal, although I had no trouble polishing off the wine or dessert. :-)

cc51bm9n2a0x.jpg