Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I would never turn that invitation down either :p How yummy!!!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    @barbheart @sammygold2015 @mistymeadows2005, thanks ladies! I can't stop choking up. I'm at the halfway point, just over it in fact! 45.8 pounds gone and 44.2 pounds to go. Between my extended fast and now this, I feel refreshed and renewed. I love myself and that's something that's taken my whole life to do... even if I don't drop another pound, IF is MY life. Can't imagine it any other way! My daughter and husband and sister flipped out when they saw the pictures. They all love me for who I am and didn't "see" me as fat and obese so they were shocked upon viewing, lol. My sister told me I look, "Tiny". I told her that I am far from tiny, but the side by sides only make me appear that way because of all the rolls in I had in the before photos, lol

swzhf5xc3m9e.png
    w88pi5q0qhla.png
    dlxlayc6hx0a.png
    rd9qnnkf5e80.png

YOU LOOK AWESOME! I actually do think you look tiny... Even if I cover up the before pictures and only look at the afters..

Congratulations, you must be over the freaking moon!

And yeah, I'd also say that the quitting smoking is actually the best part. The fact that you are still losing and quit the smoking all at the same time is just incredible.
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    These pictures are amazing! You look so much happier than you did before. I just love looking at before and after pictures. So inspiring. Beautiful.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    The before and after pics were great! That is a big change! You are doing fantastic!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »

YOU LOOK AWESOME! I actually do think you look tiny... Even if I cover up the before pictures and only look at the afters..

Congratulations, you must be over the freaking moon!

And yeah, I'd also say that the quitting smoking is actually the best part. The fact that you are still losing and quit the smoking all at the same time is just incredible.

Thank you, Sarah! I think you and my sister need glasses, lol. But, I appreciate it nonetheless. I am totally over the moon and so happy I lost even though I quit smoking. Major NSV right there! :-)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @gomissfitnes and @blambo61, thank you both so very much! :-)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    I'm very happy that I was able to reach my July goal of axing 3-4 pounds, even though it was by the skin of my teeth! haha

I'm blown away that I did not regain the weight of 4.6 pounds that I lost from my very first extended fast of 72 hours from Saturday at 5pm to Tuesday at 5pm. I don't understand it, it's like it reset me for shedding weight, though the fast was not done for that purpose. Anyway, 178.9 pounds! I haven't seen that weight since about 2002 or so... and I only remember because I had to get in the 170's from the 200's to have a breast reduction--obviously gained all the weight back in my boobs and plus more all over.

p6fi6n3diu4a.png
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    FANTASTIC :):):) You are killing it!!!
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Wow Sandy!!! Brenda was your inspiration and you are my inspiration! LOL! chain of inspiration going on here!!! Plus Joe and Jim and all of you! <3 So awesome to be with you guys walking the path! i love it we are doing it!!!
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You are a machine!
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Great work Sandy!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    Wow Sandy!!! Brenda was your inspiration and you are my inspiration! LOL! chain of inspiration going on here!!! Plus Joe and Jim and all of you! <3 So awesome to be with you guys walking the path! i love it we are doing it!!!

Aww, thanks Barb! You're right, we are all doing it! I'm so thrilled for everyone. Such a joy to be a part of this group. :)

• wsandy8512
    Options
    @gomissfitnes and @Vanguard1 thank you!
  • wsandy8512
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Ugh, I have a private FB page and when I shared my update, I got a passive aggressive statement regarding my 72 hour fast. She congratulated me and then it was followed with "it's all water weight and most people's will lose weight slowly afterwards from my understanding about those fasts." She totally missed my point when I shared that I didn't regain of the 4.6 pounds I lost and lost more after eating and despite my breaking fast meal was huge... and I had even stated that that was a anomaly and that I fully expected to gain most of it back. Anyway, sharing with other IFers is different than with people who have no clue. I get the impression that outside of coming off as encouraging, she thinks I'm starving myself thin.

I wasn't mean or snarky to this gal, but tell you what, I'm determined to have a good loss next week to put her in her place. Lol
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I have a private FB page and when I shared my update, I got a passive aggressive statement regarding my 72 hour fast. She congratulated me and then it was followed with "it's all water weight and most people's will lose weight slowly afterwards from my understanding about those fasts." She totally missed my point when I shared that I didn't regain of the 4.6 pounds I lost and lost more after eating and despite my breaking fast meal was huge... and I had even stated that that was a anomaly and that I fully expected to gain most of it back. Anyway, sharing with other IFers is different than with people who have no clue. I get the impression that outside of coming off as encouraging, she thinks I'm starving myself thin.

I wasn't mean or snarky to this gal, but tell you what, I'm determined to have a good loss next week to put her in her place. Lol

Jealousy, perhaps? Keep up the great work!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    There is so much fear and misinformation floating around regarding any type of fasting, OMAD or otherwise.
    "from my understanding" is all you needed to read to know that essentially she doesn't understand.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I totally understand what you're saying, I'd just ignore that person and do what you're doing best and that is losing the pounds ;)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    kokonani wrote: »

Jealousy, perhaps? Keep up the great work!

I don't know about jealous, but she's doing a vlcd and is frustrated. Though coupled with what Jim wrote, I'm sure she thinks she's doing it right and I'm starving myself. Lol
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    jvcinv wrote: »
    There is so much fear and misinformation floating around regarding any type of fasting, OMAD or otherwise.
    "from my understanding" is all you needed to read to know that essentially she doesn't understand.

I think you've pegged her issue right there. Lol
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    I totally understand what you're saying, I'd just ignore that person and do what you're doing best and that is losing the pounds ;)
    Thanks, Brenda, and I will. Probably won't tell my group about an extende fast should I ever do one again... I'm sharing my weight loss progress and the only one doing IF. I'm supportive of how others are choosing to get there though.