Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I forgot how yummy homemade rice crispy treats are! SO GOOD!!!
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    super yummie meals Sandy!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, they were great!

My phone was dead so no pic today. Just a simple basic breakfast meal today--bacon, scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of extra sharp cheddar cheese, two Kashi blueberry waffles with butter and maple syrup, and 4 Keebler Grasshopper cookies (they taste like Girl Scout thin mints). :)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm thin mintssssss
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Love Love Love me some thin mints
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious to me :p
  • wsandy8512
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hooray, down another 2 pounds to 176.9 for a total of 47.9 pounds gone and not one pound of rebound weight from the extended fast of 72 hours, that I did the week before this one, was regained. The fast had an unexpected side effect of really helping my mind and body to be in even more harmony and fine tuned appetite correction. Yesterday, I didn't listen to my appetite though--I was not completely satisfied when I finished and I thought I'd tough it out since today was my weigh-in, but nope! I do not like being miserable, so around 8pm last night I had a hunk of cheese and about 10 olives and my tummy was happy and I was proud of myself even though I broke my fast--I never would have broken it had I ate until I was completely satisfied, yet I don't feel an ounce of guilt for caving because I know the difference between true hunger and just wanting to eat just because I think I'm hungry. :-)

There was once a time that seeing those thin mint like cookies on the counter would have completely ruined me. I could've easily gone through half a container in one sitting, or grabbing a few every time I went out into the kitchen, but that's not me anymore. I had 4 at the end of my meal and didn't desire any after that, not even when I felt myself having true hunger. That's a huge Non-Scale Victory!

ca2m4ce1qpza.png
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Wow Sandy - this is great - you must be over the moon!!! 7.2 lbs in two weeks is beyond amazing... Plus the 3.5 the week before - you are on fire girly!! And so close to the 50lbs lost mark. Your hubby is definitely not going to recognize you the next time he comes home...
  • wsandy8512
    edited August 2017
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Wow Sandy - this is great - you must be over the moon!!! 7.2 lbs in two weeks is beyond amazing... Plus the 3.5 the week before - you are on fire girly!! And so close to the 50lbs lost mark. Your hubby is definitely not going to recognize you the next time he comes home...

Thanks, Sarah, I am totally over the moon! He feels like he's with a new woman each time he comes back from a hitch. I don't expect to be at 173 in two weeks, but if I do make it, it would be an 11 pound loss since the last time he was back home just over two weeks ago :-)

I'm super excited to be closing in on the 50 pound mark, I cannot even tell you! :-)
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Wow Sandy, you are really showing us how it's done. I am so excited for your progress. Looking at your stats, we are about the same height. I am 5' 5 1/2". I want to get to 135 but my husband keeps telling me that that getting to 135 would have me too skinny and I should stop at 150. I think I will go to 140 and maintain at a 140-150 pound range.

If I don't get it in gear, you will be catching up and passing me soon. You are such a great inspiration and I think you can reach the 173 in two weeks. You've got this!
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You really eat healthy! I have found that I used to eat healthier when I was doing a restricted calorie diet. I had more variety in my meals. I would like to get back to my chia seeds and smoothies! Hope you are doing well.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Wow Sandy, you are really showing us how it's done. I am so excited for your progress. Looking at your stats, we are about the same height. I am 5' 5 1/2". I want to get to 135 but my husband keeps telling me that that getting to 135 would have me too skinny and I should stop at 150. I think I will go to 140 and maintain at a 140-150 pound range.

If I don't get it in gear, you will be catching up and passing me soon. You are such a great inspiration and I think you can reach the 173 in two weeks. You've got this!

Thanks so much, Tracey! I may end up reevaluating closer to goal. You're doing great, too! You pick yourself right back up when you get off track. I don't know about you, but it's so easy to get right back on, unlike any other time in my life. July was not a great month for me, I still stuck to IF but I I had a couple of unplanned fast free days, lol, and the weight bounced all over. All good though, now! I really find straight OMAD works best for me. :)

We have both got this and I don't think I'll be passing you up, you're back in the saddle again and kicking butt already! I'm happy for you :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    You really eat healthy! I have found that I used to eat healthier when I was doing a restricted calorie diet. I had more variety in my meals. I would like to get back to my chia seeds and smoothies! Hope you are doing well.

Thank you, and I am doing great! really do enjoy eating real foods, my body craves them so much and, best of all, I can still enjoy crap when the mood suits me... so long as I'm in my window. Like I told Tracey, I had an off month in July though I still did IF 16:8 most of it. I find OMAD works best for me. I'm so happy. :)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    What awesome progress! I love your updates!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Straight OMAD works best for me as well.
  • barbheart
    Options
    Sandy!!! LOL confess your crime! Your phone didnt work coz you licked the picture of my meal hahahah!!

Seriously! CONGRATULATIONS LADY!! you are almost at my goal weight I´d be so happy to weight what you weight now its my goal!!! and you are there!!! so mark it with clear signs so I can see it in the darkness of my journey HAHAH I AM KIDDING! I will catch up!

Wow amazing goal my dear fantastic and sodd the guilt for those mints!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Sandy! Oh. My. God. I'm soo proud of you! That fast really did the trick for you! Now, you and Sarah are kicking my little butt so I've got to catch up! I'm so so happy for both of you and so proud! Monday I'll be officially back on the wagon and then I'll be giving you both a run for your money ;););)

Also that feeling when your significant other sees you after losing a bunch of weight and is blown away is the best feeling ever!
  • barbheart
    Options
    Also that feeling when your significant other sees you after losing a bunch of weight and is blown away is the best feeling ever!

Awesome Misty well done!!! He must be so impressed!!!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Sandy! Oh. My. God. I'm soo proud of you! That fast really did the trick for you! Now, you and Sarah are kicking my little butt so I've got to catch up! I'm so so happy for both of you and so proud! Monday I'll be officially back on the wagon and then I'll be giving you both a run for your money ;););)

Why, thank you Ma'am! The fast was incredibly amazing, taught me so much about myself.

We aren't kicking your butt, you've been a busy lady! Lol

Yes, it's so awesome when your SO gets a surprise that you've lost weight--though they loved us even when we were bigger gals. That makes them keepers! 25 years and counting on my end. :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    What awesome progress! I love your updates!

Thanks, Sammy! :)