Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Ignorant/uneducated people drive me nuts! Pass no judgment until you've done the research - you don't see us throwing it their face that eating every 3 hours is killing their BMR :D:D:D Live and let live, IMO :)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Ignorant/uneducated people drive me nuts! Pass no judgment until you've done the research - you don't see us throwing it their face that eating every 3 hours is killing their BMR :D:D:D Live and let live, IMO :)

Lmao, OMG, agreed! I could very well do that in MY group, because it is MY group, but I don't because I know people do what they think they know what works best and is healthy. I opened the group years ago, and my tried and true followers have been awesome and even though I've started and stopped and taken off and regained, they've always been supportive. This gal, though a long term acquaintance, is new to my group along with about 50 new peeps because I was talked into allowing more people in with my IF progress. Probably a mistake because I've opened myself up to be criticized. Lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »

Lmao, OMG, agreed! I could very well do that in MY group, because it is MY group, but I don't because I know people do what they think they know what works best and is healthy. I opened the group years ago, and my tried and true followers have been awesome and even though I've started and stopped and taken off and regained, they've always been supportive. This gal, though a long term acquaintance, is new to my group along with about 50 new peeps because I was talked into allowing more people in with my IF progress. Probably a mistake because I've opened myself up to be criticized. Lol

MEH, you're a strong lady - I figured it'll just add to your resolve which will help your progress! Silver linings ;)
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Don´t get entangled, its not worth it... not even loosing weight next week to prove her wrong ...just let go.. be mindful that when in a fasted state you are much more powerful psychically and energetically so try not to project too much stuff negatively outwards so it wont have to bounce back at ya...

This is why monks and nuns or ascetics of all times and space fasted... they manifested quicker many of their goals... both material and spiritual... but it can wreck havoc when we unleash such a power mindlessly not that you are doing it Sandy but its´worth considering...
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    Don´t get entangled, its not worth it... not even loosing weight next week to prove her wrong ...just let go.. be mindful that when in a fasted state you are much more powerful psychically and energetically so try not to project too much stuff negatively outwards so it wont have to bounce back at ya...

This is why monks and nuns or ascetics of all times and space fasted... they manifested quicker many of their goals... both material and spiritual... but it can wreck havoc when we unleash such a power mindlessly not that you are doing it Sandy but its´worth considering...

You're right, Barb, I'll let it go. Thank you for your perspective, definitely worth considering. :)

• wsandy8512
    Options

MEH, you're a strong lady - I figured it'll just add to your resolve which will help your progress! Silver linings ;)

And you did help me :) Thanks, Steph :)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Great Job! It is crazy that you didn't rebound on your fast. Was this your first one?
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Great Job! It is crazy that you didn't rebound on your fast. Was this your first one?

Yes, my first extended fast. I still can't get over it. Lol

And, thank you :)

• mistymeadows2005
    Options

And you did help me :) Thanks, Steph :)

:*
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    All the low carb talk caused me to strongly desire this for lunch today, lol, I love you guys... A smoothie so thick I had to eat it with a spoon... peanut butter, banana, kiwi, strawberry, blueberry, and oatmeal smoothie--have I mentioned how much I love my Vitamix? I ❤️ IT!--with chia seeds and a serving of walnuts on top. Jalapeño Hummus with baby carrots and whole grain with flaxseed pita chips, and an egg, bacon, cheddar jack, sweet onion, spring mix salad, mustard, and cheese sandwich on 100% whole grain bread made with 21 seeds. Oh, yeah, and a macadamia nut cookie that Brooke and Garrett made last night. Whew! 7 servings of fruits and veggies in one fowl swoop, to boot! :)

cbqiky35ulit.jpg
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    All the low carb talk caused me to strongly desire this for lunch today, lol, I love you guys... A smoothie so thick I had to eat it with a spoon... peanut butter, banana, kiwi, strawberry, blueberry, and oatmeal smoothie--have I mentioned how much I love my Vitamix? I ❤️ IT!--with chia seeds and a serving of walnuts on top. Jalapeño Hummus with baby carrots and whole grain with flaxseed pita chips, and an egg, bacon, cheddar jack, sweet onion, spring mix salad, mustard, and cheese sandwich on 100% whole grain bread made with 21 seeds. Oh, yeah, and a macadamia nut cookie that Brooke and Garrett made last night. Whew! 7 servings of fruits and veggies in one fowl swoop, to boot! :)

cbqiky35ulit.jpg

Wow! What a meal!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    NOM NOM that's looks so good! I love bread like that! Bread with OOMPH! <3
  • wsandy8512
    Options

Wish you were here to have enjoyed it with me... and the margarita I'm currently sucking down, poolside. Lol :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    kokonani wrote: »

cbqiky35ulit.jpg

Wow! What a meal!!

Very filling, I can tell you that. :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options

Wish you were here to have enjoyed it with me... and the margarita I'm currently sucking down, poolside. Lol :)

*this is my jealous face* - and here I am....working LOL. Reminds me of this:

xidplbche5yo.png

LOL...almost to da weekend! :p
  • wsandy8512
    Options

*this is my jealous face* - and here I am....working LOL. Reminds me of this:

xidplbche5yo.png

LOL...almost to da weekend! :p

Lmao, that's an awesome meme!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    That looks delicious.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    There is no reason, energy-wise, for a rebound as long as you don't increase calorie consumption past what you normally do.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    There is no reason, energy-wise, for a rebound as long as you don't increase calorie consumption past what you normally do.

Good to know, even though I stopped counting calories. However, yesterday evening, I tallied up my calories that I had earlier in the day to calm people in my private FB group. I ended up at 2058 for the day just from my meal. Lol. That's way more than I ate when counting, plus my breaking fast meal that include cheesecake, my metabolism must not be as broken and damaged as I thought. I haven't weighed in yet this morning, but I did last night and it looks like I'm perfectly set to have another drop today. :)

• barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Awesome meal was thinking on choosing a smoothie for one of my meals next week yummie!
    I think sometimes its good to go up in calories then back down to a certain deficit maybe the body needs that type of stimulation?...