Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    Awesome meal was thinking on choosing a smoothie for one of my meals next week yummie!
    I think sometimes its good to go up in calories then back down to a certain deficit maybe the body needs that type of stimulation?...

Yes and if we listen to our cues, it happens naturally. That's what I missed out on when counting. So glad I'm done now. Yesterday's meal kept me until two hours after my window passed today. When I finally got hungry, I didn't eat a whole ton because I wasn't "that" hungry.
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Yes... there is hunger and there is hunger!
    I am realizing when I eat a bit of pasta I bulk up ... was putting it on my salads maybe I need to either reduce quantities or spread out the days I will have some even if the wheat is whole wheat bio whatever..I guess thats why sporties use it...doesnt happen as much with rice... this is a learning curve for me the good thing is that the fasted state helps you recognize things much easier. I never been a great "smeller" and now my smelling is amazing I have a highly refined new nose ha!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    I was in the mood for a breakfast meal today. I headed into the kitchen, all set to whip up some eggs and bacon and toast, but to my dismay, the eggs and bacon were gone. However, I still wanted something breakfast-y. What's a girl to do? Have a couple servings of Ezekiel cereal, cut a GORGEOUS dragon fruit (it's what colored the "cereal", such a deep purple!) in half and scoop it into the bowl along with a banana and kiwi, chia seeds and walnuts, that's what. Omg, I was in heaven.

To polish my meal off I had a couple pieces of Killer Dave's 21 Grain Bread with peanut butter and then tried this Kombucha stuff I keep seeing and reading about that's good for gut health. I chose the strawberry lemonade version--it's delicious!!

I may have to try making some Kombucha on my own sometime. Maybe. Possibly... okay, probably not, though I will be sure to pick up some more!

w618i0750ez3.jpg
    v0v7cdl1apzp.jpg
    soe4e3wq4zmr.jpg
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    Yes... there is hunger and there is hunger!
    I am realizing when I eat a bit of pasta I bulk up ... was putting it on my salads maybe I need to either reduce quantities or spread out the days I will have some even if the wheat is whole wheat bio whatever..I guess thats why sporties use it...doesnt happen as much with rice... this is a learning curve for me the good thing is that the fasted state helps you recognize things much easier. I never been a great "smeller" and now my smelling is amazing I have a highly refined new nose ha!

So true, Barbara, it really does help us to recognize real hunger. Glad your enjoying your olfactory senses upgrade due to fasting! :-)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    That cereal looks so good... Drool...

I've been meaning to try kombucha, but I never seem to remember when I'm in the grocery store. The drinks aisle isn't one I usually go down - especially since I quit the Pepsi Max habit! Maybe today...
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    That cereal looks so good... Drool...

I've been meaning to try kombucha, but I never seem to remember when I'm in the grocery store. The drinks aisle isn't one I usually go down - especially since I quit the Pepsi Max habit! Maybe today...

Sarah, not sure about over there, but in the store I go to it was in the produce section of the store. It's also where they sell the regular fruit juices, the soft drink aisle is completely separate from where I found it.

I've never seen the purple fleshed dragon fruit before, just the white flesh. It is such a lovely fruit!!

:)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    That looks really yummy!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    GEEZ! I'm gone for one weekend, and I miss everything! Sandy, you look AMAZING!!!!! Congratulations! So inspiring! Forget that lady. She clearly just likes the sound of her keyboard. You're doing great!
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Yummie breakfast!!! I´d be knocking at your door if I knew you were preparing that!!! :P
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I have never been a breakfast foodie, but you do make it look appetizing.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @blambo61 @barbheart @sammygold2015 Thank you all! Just something I threw together, no milk needed. lol

@brittdee88 thank you kindly, sweet lady :-)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    My mouth salivated the entire time I was cutting up the vegetables for my vegetable lo Mein meal (Bok Choy, carrots, snow peas, red mini peppers, shiitake mushrooms, green onions, sesame oil, Mirin, and lo Mein noodles, soy sauce)--I added chicken to mine later so my daughter could enjoy it, too. On the top left is one of three of my daughter's stuffed mushrooms with cream cheese. I had the first one while cooking, momentarily visited what I think could be some paradise, and gave her a hug. Had the second shortly thereafter, lol. Anyway, had an avocado and banana with chia seed pudding for dessert. Everything was awesome!

Ended up having a lite margarita and a s'more afterwards. Haha, now for cleanup. OMG, kitchen is a disaster!

c3w6wluvoi46.jpg
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Omg lo mein, margarita, AND S'MORES????? Yummmmmmm! 3 of my favorite things!!!! I have been meaning to re-up on vegan marshmallows to make some! I used all mine on rice crispy treats.
  • minigrrll
    Options
    You're meals are always the best! I don't really have a sweet tooth, but my partner sure does, I might try that pudding you made and see if he likes it... Anything to get him off the sugar! Do you use a frozen banana?
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Yesterday's meal kept me so long that I didn't even get a hunger signal for 25 hours, but when it hit? I was ravenous! Put some avocado oil in two separate pans and had at it. Pan number one was sirloin tip steaks. Pan number two was fried golden potatoes, mini peppers, onions, and baby kale, as well as scrambled eggs with extra sharp cheddar cheese. I topped the eggs and taters with feta cheese for good measure and had a piece of cheddar while cooking. There, that should do it, so I thought, but nope... I ate all the food and was still hungry so I made my trusty dessert of blended frozen banana, frozen blueberries, 1/2 avocado, Carob powder, and peanut butter, stirred in some chia seeds and put walnuts on top. Needless to say, I am done. Lol Hunger completely satisfied.

f1mbu4ziak53.jpg
    v7spcna5xc59.jpg

• wsandy8512
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Omg lo mein, margarita, AND S'MORES????? Yummmmmmm! 3 of my favorite things!!!! I have been meaning to re-up on vegan marshmallows to make some! I used all mine on rice crispy treats.

I haven't had crispy treats in ages! YUM!!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    You're meals are always the best! I don't really have a sweet tooth, but my partner sure does, I might try that pudding you made and see if he likes it... Anything to get him off the sugar! Do you use a frozen banana?

Aww, thank you! I have mostly a sweet tooth for fruits, but now and then, well... gotta have a s'more. lol

Yes, I use frozen bananas and frozen blueberries. :-)
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Meal looks fab (ignoring bottom right of plate! :) )
  • wsandy8512
    Options
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    It ALL looks super yummy :p