Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    Sandy!!! LOL confess your crime! Your phone didnt work coz you licked the picture of my meal hahahah!!

Seriously! CONGRATULATIONS LADY!! you are almost at my goal weight I´d be so happy to weight what you weight now its my goal!!! and you are there!!! so mark it with clear signs so I can see it in the darkness of my journey HAHAH I AM KIDDING! I will catch up!

Wow amazing goal my dear fantastic and sodd the guilt for those mints!

Lol, I can't confess because that was yesterday and you posted your gorgeous meal today. And thanks so much, Barbara! I know you'll be here one day especially due to your positive attitude. :)
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Sandy!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Wow Sandy you're doing sooo good and that's an awesome NSV for sure, Congrats :)
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »

Lol, I can't confess because that was yesterday and you posted your gorgeous meal today. And thanks so much, Barbara! I know you'll be here one day especially due to your positive attitude. :)

Sandy the licking picture is from my lunch OMAD today! hahah...
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    NSV WIN!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »

Sandy the licking picture is from my lunch OMAD today! hahah...

Ugh, you're right! Duh on me, getting mixed up. lol I confess, I confess!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
  • wsandy8512
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Ugh, my post keeps getting cut off and pictures aren't showing. :-/
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Congrats Sandy! That's really good.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @blambo61 thanks, Bob :)
  • Brendalea69
    Options

:/ ughhh no pics!!!
  • wsandy8512
    Options

:/ ughhh no pics!!!

I tried like five times and every time I hit "post" it cut off half of my words and no pictures. Finally gave up. So, description will have to do. Lol

Nothing healthy was eaten today, but I enjoyed my food--typical on days where groceries are running low. Lol

Anyhoo, homemade tamales that the kids brought home last night. I had a quaeso one and a quaeso with chili one, and they were both really good! I have never liked any tamales until now, the chili was my favorite. I then had a piece of tres de leche cake (can't pronounce let alone spell it, lol) that they brought home as well. There were also pork tamales, but i wasn't in the mood for pork. However, I've been hankering for a Chick Fil A spicy chicken sandwich and nuggets for a couple of days off and on, so I hopped in the car and got both, as well as a Coke. I haven't had a Coke in a month or two, I think? Don't really miss pop, but I wanted fizz and I hate diet so Coke it was. Afterwards, I had another piece of the cake and a glass of wine.

It was a controlled craptastic food day, but in my window, so don't judge! Lol
  • Brendalea69
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I had a craptastic food day too, and that cinnamon roll was just the beginning so no judging from me :p
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    I meant that last line for the whole group to be silly, just too lazy to make it a separate post. No one here that I know judges, especially not you :-) @brendagaudette
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I meant that last line for the whole group to be silly, just too lazy to make it a separate post. No one here that I know judges, especially not you :-) @brendagaudette

I know ;) Have a great day :)
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    No pictures of your tamales meal?? You wanna punish us??? we wont lick our phones promise!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Sandy! Woohooooo! Wonderful loss :smiley:
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Lol, sorry Barbara, @barbheart Maybe next time :)

@mikseyniha thank you :)

• wsandy8512
    edited August 2017
    Options
    My meal today... New York Strip Steak with sautéed onions and baby Bella mushrooms, steamed baby spinach, baked golden potatoes with butter, and a treat I bought the ingredients for after seeing a recipe on MFP main page the other day... frozen banana with 1/2 avocado, unsweetened almond milk, peppermint extract, and then 1 square of 86% dark chocolate and walnuts on top--tastes like mint chocolate chip cookie ice cream! And, lastly, a glass of red wine.

Decided that due to my tremendous gut size, I'm insulin resistant so I'm trying to lower carb intake by staying under 100g of carbs, so not nearly the same amount of fruit as I'd normally have. I made it under 100g, but yesterday is the only day I will count carbs. I don't want to count carbs anymore than calories, just wanted to have an idea. As long as I limit adding more fruits on banana days and keep portions of potatoes small, I should be good. I am not crazy about this, but my waist was 30" back in the Navy during physicals one year and I weighed 168 lbs, and had to lose weight and inches to stay in, which I did. I'm only about 8 pounds from 168 now and my waist is 37" and my hips are 43", there's no way in hell that I will lose 7 inches off of my waist in 8 pounds. Don't get me wrong, I've lost inches in my waist and hips, but they are seriously lagging behind (speaking of behinds, my butt is losing inches all the time!) other areas. This is why I believe I'm insulin resistant and need to lower carbs, but I don't want to do keto or super low carb. :-(

6wd71wmc4xb7.jpg
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    That meal looks scrump-dilly-icious. I am on the same wavelength as you Sandy in keeping the carbs below 100.