Take progress pics!

Options

Replies

• Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic progress @pitbullmamaliz! You look great!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Wow, you should be so proud of yourself. You had that lovely neck and chin hiding under all that fat. You just look so lovely and healthy in the after pic. Well done.
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,770 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    You have some serious attitude going on, @pitbullmamaliz ...and it looks amazing on you! Keep up the great work! You definitely are inspirational!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! I too love the attitude in pic 2 @pitbullmamaliz !
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I still have quite a ways to go but I am loving it so far!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I still have quite a ways to go but I am loving it so far!

We all do. It becomes a neverending process, at least it definitely has for me. It started with "look like a person and not the human version of a pile of laundry covered in mayonnaise". Now, it's "bigger, stronger, faster".

It's getting even more intense now that my interest has drifted away from powerlifting and toward strongman.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree, I very much think it's a question of interpretation. There are many other examples of diverse perceptions....

When it's used as a tool, it can overcome obstacles that might have appeared insurmountable.
    When it breaks free and overwhelms us, it can have us in a grip we feel powerless to resist.

I think the word 'obsession' has an overall negative connotation to many, though.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I'm soon to hit 1600 days tracking/checking in. I don't consider it an obsession.

It was a tool for weight loss and remains a tool for maintenance. I track foods about 95% of the time and have been known to take breaks either when on vacation or "just because". I'm currently a bit lax in tracking "just because". All I need is a general idea of where I stand every day with carbs and calories. My food diary isn't precise at this time.

I probably don't even need to track foods but why not? I have a system in place so it might take me 5 minutes a day. More like 2 or 3 minutes. Honestly I've found that if something is not on my (now) "Top 125" list, I probably shouldn't be eating it so I don't.

Dr. Westman has his "If It is Not on Page 4 Don't Eat It" list. I have my "Top 125".
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    Alezandra, that is why I usually say I am dedicated to my health and fitness. I am getting near the 1000 day mark and this is my second streak on MFP. I've actually been logging longer than that.

I agree with Seph_Marks if it gets in the way of doing the ordinary things and socializing in my life, then it would be a disorder.

'Dedicated'. I like that. Sounds good. :)
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @retirehappy Definitely inspiring, what a world of difference!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    @aluhsin that's looking so good, well done!
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Aluhsin nice progress!
  • aluhsin
    aluhsin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    aluhsin wrote: »
    ap1so8h6zn3i.jpg

My back after 50 pounds!

Just WOW! You go, Girl. So excited for your good progress!!!