Dating life Post Surgery

15678911»

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Sitting here sipping my coffee waiting for the men to chime in...
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    rpyle111 wrote: »
    I bet a semi-serious conversation (not looking to make him commit, just exploring the mixed signals) would be very interesting and revealing.

Yeah, probably interesting, but I'm terrified it will make him bolt. I would be all in for more, but am really enjoying what we have. Plus, when I'm not receiving messages from him I'm still enjoying dating as much as I can. Even DL had his perks, lol! I'm at the point where my brain is keeping everything more casual, waiting to see if this man comes around. Like I said in yesterday's post, I'm kinda on a hiatus until after I recover from skin surgery. I'll keep you guys updated on his craziness. Talking about it helps keep me grounded in the, "just casual" mode.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    A guy who ghosted me a couple months ago got in touch today, says he misses talking to me, its like he lost his girlfriend blah blah blah

Was supposedly at a garage one road over from where i was. I drive round..... no one there

He calls, was apparently putting air in his tyres. I drive back.... no one there. I went home, when he called i told him its time to get on with my day

He says we will meet next time.
    Ummm yeah youve always an excuse at meet up time

Dating in a right minefield

Hope your ok nicole and you can make head way with FOOD AND FUN.
    It does sound like he wants more. Once bitten twice shy
  • ruqayyahsmum
    So the ghoster slipped up

He phoned me and twice he mentioned his girlfriend

I called him out on it and apparently its complicated

Im not interested in a guy testing the waters before he decides weather to leave his girlfriend or not....... so hes moved to the next woman on the list in order to have a date tonight

Bellend
  • NicoleL874
    So new guy has ghosted. No idea what happened there. Meh.

Had a great time at my crazy meet-up! Holy cow! We had 47 people from all over the world! (US, Canada, and Australia) It was great! I arrived late Wednesday, we shopped all day Thursday, prepped for a portion of Friday. Friday afternoon people started arriving. Wow. It's amazing how emotional people can become over people you've never "met"! Friday night we had 28 people at a restaurant for dinner. Friday night, we had 13 people sleep at the house, the rest were in hotels. Saturday, the party was supposed to start at 5pm...yeah, everyone had other ideas! Luckily, with 13 people in the house the rest of the prep went quickly, because people showed up about NOON! We partied from 12pm - 1am. Someone brought a bags game, another person brought their karaoke machine. Sunday, 35 people came back for breakfast. I drove home Sunday late morning, incredibly sad to leave my people, but filled with love and support around the world!

Sunday, Food and Fun contacted me...asked if I'd be able to find any time for him while my parents were in. I told him of course I would. So, we have tentative plans next week. I laughed at him and said it would be best to do it by his place. He said he does want to meet my parents if possible, but that would definitely be awkward at my place. What? You want to meet my parents? That seems like more than what we have. Anyway, we have tentative plans for Bloody Marys at this little dive bar near my house for 5/13. (Best Bloody Marys in the area!) Maybe meeting the family will make it more real for him? Who knows...all I know is I had to tell my mom SOMETHING. They have no clue I've been dating since September. ME: "Mom, my friend Food and Fun may join us at the bar." MOM: "Oh?" ME: "Eh, not sure what the situation is. Don't get your hopes up." MOM: "Don't worry, I never do with you."

WTF? Thanks Mom. With her new dementia diagnosis I bit my tongue and let it go.

So yeah, my parents arrive today by 6pm. They are here for three weeks. I may go out once a week or so, but I'm thinking my social life will be very light. With her diagnosis, I plan on spending as much time as possible with her. I have a lofty project for this summer, and ongoing really. I plan on interviewing her and recording her as much as possible. For now, using my phone, may be getting a camera soon.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    @NicoleL874 Your meet-up sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you had such a good time. And seriously, wth is up with F&F? He doesn't want a relationship, but wants to meet parents? I can't even pretend to imagine what is going on in his brain.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    WOO HOO...sounds like things are on the up and up and glad that things went well with your parents! :)
  • ErinCoury
    ErinCoury Posts: 32 Member
    My husband was on POF. He saw that i looked at his profile. He recognized my profile pic on FB through our mutual friend. We started talking....we've been married for almost 5-years now!
  • ruqayyahsmum
    I went on a quick date last night, more to get him to stop asking me

It went ok, we chatted a bit..... and then he started pushing for official dating status

Dude we just met. Ask for a second date first, whats the hurry

Mr train never scheduled to visit, he went on holiday with mates instead where he spent half his time texting me
  • NicoleL874
    I'm so over the dating thing right now. Meh.

Food and Fun is around, and has complicated things, and made me question everything about where we're at, what I want and what he wants. I'm still seeing him, trying to work it all out in my brain while dealing with his insecurities, so nothing fun to report there.

Any other dates come from social settings. It's a small town, and gossip is huge, so I'm pulling myself out of the dating pool for now. Not worth the gossip that's already started. Keeping my options open, but with surgery in exactly 7 weeks, I'm done at this point. Sorry, no more funny stories for now!
  • ruqayyahsmum
    Well the date didnt happen

Says he took his car in for a service and it needs a new part and wont be ready till 5pm
    I offerred to drive over there to grab a coffee and the suggestion was brushed aside

Another one off the list
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Sorry to hear that, Nicole. Trust your instincts that you are doing the right thing. Good luck on the surgery!!!
  • Mandy_1982
    Mandy_1982 Posts: 160 Member
    Hey! I'm now joining the post-op world of dating. Loved reading this thread and had to dig it up.

Anyone else getting out there and meeting people?
  • ruqayyahsmum
    I met a guy 6 weeks ago. Seen him every week since.
    Hes a nice guy. Moves a bit fast sometimes, he starts discussing the future, has applied for jobs near me etc

Trying to keep a bit of distance, been burned wayyyyyyyy too many times before