Options

Replies

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Totalkathy wrote: »
    Hi I'm Kathleen
    I'm currently 372 (down from 537)
    I have lost 165 pounds with a lot more to go. I have been on a plateau for months and months.
    I am a certified life coach and am leading a weight loss group with another facilitator, and the pressure to keep losing is pressing in. Pressure is from myself, my co-workers have been very gracious.
    I'm new to fasting, so I'm still a bit wobbly about this, there is a lot of diverse information, so I'm not real clear how I should go about this.
    I am currently doing OMAD.
    Thanks for your support.

Hi @Totalkathy - great to see you here! (I’m the Sarah that commented on you or blog a while ago...). How are you getting along with OMAD?
  • AustinGuy8
    AustinGuy8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Chad.
    Five months ago I was 327 pounds. I was having constant heart palpitations and various chest pains and my doctor begged me to lose weight. I've never stuck to a diet, so all I could figure out to do was drink a gallon of water a day (in place of soda and beer) and bought two desk cycles, one for home and work since I spend about 12 hours a day on the computer. I used NEAT (non exercise thermogenesis activity) and spent a lot of those hours slowly cycling, at a slow speed which does not get the heart rate up.

After five months I weigh 260 pounds, a loss of 67 pounds. I decided this was a good time to add in IF. During the five months I weighed myself only twice. Once about two months in, and then the second time about a week ago. Four days ago I started OMAD and for some stupid reason stepped on the scale every morning. After two days I lost five pounds, and then the third I went back up to 260. I know full well I didn't lose five pounds of fat in two days and then put five pounds of fat back on, but seeing the weight go back up sent me into a total depression and I ended up at McDonalds splurging on about 3000 calories worth of food. Today is the fourth day and has gone well so far. I decided to put the scale up.

I plan on keeping the slow cycling along with OMAD. I know regular exercise is cautioned against, but this is a very slow speed which doesn't get my heart rate up. It's the same "exercise" as working in the garden or going for a leisurely walk. (Although if someone thinks this is a mistake, let me know).

I appreciate all the knowledge of this group.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Welcome Chad..

I have a treadmill desk (walking on it right now) and walk at about 3km/hour a few hours a day. It doesn't get my HR up (I walk on it while presenting in meetings etc, so can't really be panting!) but I feel so much better when I'm not sitting at my desk all day. So I personally think the sustained low level exercise is awesome... I'd not even really call it exercise, more like the regular daily movement (like you said about gardening or leisurely walking) that our bodies are designed for.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Hello Chad and Welcome. You did great to lose the weight you have. OMAD will definitely help you get to where you want to be. It is good that you ditched the scale too, it can do a real number on you looking at those daily fluctuations. Stick to the OMAD basics and you can't go wrong. We are here to support and root you on.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Welcome Chad!
  • Ekilian83
    Ekilian83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Name: Elritia
    SW: 67kg (11 Sep 2017)
    Current weight: 64kg
    Height: 160cm
    Goal: 50-54kg
    Feast Time: Supper 18:30-20:00
    Start date. 11-09-2017

I think i just like the all wrong foods, and i am a bit of an emotional eater as well. Had my son Last year 27 January 2016 haven't lost all the weight yet.

• tlblanksfit
    Options
    Welcome Elritia!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Ekilian83

I eat all the wrong foods too, but I am starting to crave the good foods.
  • jewels1nc
    jewels1nc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Julie. Although I joined this group a little while ago, today is my first day trying OMAD! I need a change! I already had my meal so we'll see how the evening goes. I may need to switch the time around. I currently weigh 203 (5'3") and my goal is 150.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It's a great group :)
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Welcome again, Julie!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Welcome back Julie, glad to have you here.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Welcome Julie!
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I started eating one time a day by default (stress and work) and decided to keep at it. (Now at about 11 days). I was 145 I think to start and this morning, 136. I'm 5"6, so my overall goal was really only 10 lbs or so. I'm thinking that most of this is probably water weight. Really not possible to eat too much salt within that one meal. Either way, I'm surprised that I am not tired and have more energy throughout the day. I'm sure that the weight loss (in numbers) will slow down, but plan to keep doing this through the holidays to avoid the inevitable food gorging.
  • blambo61
    Options
    lbride wrote: »
    I started eating one time a day by default (stress and work) and decided to keep at it. (Now at about 11 days). I was 145 I think to start and this morning, 136. I'm 5"6, so my overall goal was really only 10 lbs or so. I'm thinking that most of this is probably water weight. Really not possible to eat too much salt within that one meal. Either way, I'm surprised that I am not tired and have more energy throughout the day. I'm sure that the weight loss (in numbers) will slow down, but plan to keep doing this through the holidays to avoid the inevitable food gorging.

That is really good! Some of the initial week was water loss but those numbers are still really good!
  • AlisonZunguze
    AlisonZunguze Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey, everybody, I'm Alison from Zimbabwe, I joined this group a year ago, and unsuccessfully did omad, that whole year, but I have recommitted myself to embarking on a solid lifelong omad journey. So here I am 2 weeks strong.
    I am taking it one day at a time, making sure to give my all ( well, most of my all
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Weclome back!
  • schochster
    schochster Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm Naomi and I started OMAD last Friday. One week in and I've lost 7 pounds. I'm hoping to lose 20 more. This is the easiest thing I've ever done and I've done it all (unsuccessfully). After 2 babies, job stresses and just complacency, I crept up 5 pounds at a time for years. This is amazing and I'm super motivated!
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome Naomi, that's a great start.
  • blsxxx
    blsxxx Posts: 11 Member
    Options

...your name or preferred username: Brenda
    ...your weight: 352.2 lbs
    ...your height: 5'8"
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing: binge eating, yo-yo dieting, type 2 diabetes
    ...your goal weight range: 160 - 180 lbs
    ...the time of your OMAD: window 4pm - 8pm; normal mealtime 6pm
    ...and your OMAD start date: 4/3/17

Hi, I'm Brenda. I've been on OMAD since April and I love it! I've done fad diets, commercial programs, vlcds, gastric banding, low carb, vegetarian, you name it but OMAD has been the answer to my prayers. It's the only "diet" I've been able to stick to with ease (vegetarian was easy but I didn't lose weight). It doesn't feel like a diet because I don't feel deprived.

My highest weight was 449.2 lbs in December 2009 right before my gastric banding surgery. I lost 75 lbs but the weight started to come back and I felt so defeated. I started this year at 402.8 lbs. I lost 27.2 lbs trying different diets but it was hard and I could feel the failure creeping up on me. I needed something I could stick to for life. In March/April, I was doing protein shakes and one meal but hated the shakes, so I googled eating one meal a day. I knew skipping breakfast was a dietary sin, but the shakes were so awful and I couldn't eat much in the morning because of the gastric band anyway. Needless to say I found Joe's story and watched all of his YouTube videos. I found myself saying "that is so me" so many times, I knew this diet was meant for me.

I started OMAD on 4/3 at 375.6 lbs and I've lost 23.4 lbs on OMAD. I got down to 338 lbs after a 5 day water fast and then down to 342.8 lbs after 12 days of OMAD/Keto. The 12 days of OMAD/Keto felt like a diet and I gained so much back after the water fast, I think I'll just stick to OMAD. But I need to refocus because I've felt myself straying from the OMAD basics and have been a little discouraged by my weight loss lately. I know it's me and not OMAD. Which is why I watched some OMAD videos today and am posting this introduction. I want to hold myself accountable and make sure I stay committed to OMAD and get back on track!