Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi Val
    I saw this
    hope4change_val 15 hours ago
    lost 3.2 lbs since last weighing in! Hope4change_val's lost 9.6 lbs so far.

Congratulations
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan
    I also Noticed this
    Buttons61 yesterday
    lost 2 lbs since last weighing in! Buttons61's lost 8 lbs so far.

Congratulations to You too
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!

Never got a chance to write yesterday. Going back to church seemed overwhelming to say the least. My dishes were prepared the night before, so reheating them was pretty easy. When I got there, not a soul was there. I was somewhat late, and all the helpers were later than I was. Someone used the cafeteria room and left it in a mess. There were extra chairs just left and dirty tables, and missing tables. The school next store uses it sometimes, and they sure did not clean up. So I ended up missing half my class cleaning. People came to me with things they needed and half of our things were missing we needed... it seemed a nightmare. I guess we survived and all went well. I had to jam on my brakes from some dumb guy on the way home who apparently jammed on his brakes for no good reason I could tell, and my leftovers fell off my back seat. When I got home, everything landed face up except the actual tray, so good deal, lol! Then stepped in red ants letting the dogs out on my patio of all places. Wierd!! Then one of my poor little chameleon lizards from outside got stuck on the fly paper on the inside of my screen (glass) door. He was still alive and waving at me with his one free elbow. I goggled how to get stuff unstuck from fly paper, and it said use vegetable oil. I doused him twice and let it sit, and you could see him start to unstick. I got a cotton swab and gently moved him off as I could, adding more oil as I went. He finally was free. You never saw a happier lizard nor a happier person than me. That was a high point, lol! Then off to small group that nite. I am not sure I came out quite even on my energy level and thankfulness level from yesterday. I feel rather drained... :#

Congrats Val, on the wt.loss you showed! Always a good thing. And finding a great home for Cooper! That is awesome!! I hope you are feeling better. I have had great luck with our Doc in a Box down here. I definately go to them first if my Dr. is closed. He actually worked there before he opened his practice, which is how I found him, lol..

I was hoping for a day at home, but my friend has taken a turn for the worse. She had stopped all treatments as her tumors were reoccurring quickly in her brain and some not operable. I have not got there the last few times between the dog rescue, helping a lady at church and the trip, so apparently I need to go soon. I think I missed her last coherent moments, and I just hate that. I sure do not feel wise or strong today for going after Sunday.

My y is sticking on the computer...drives me crazy, lol!!

Cold front finally hit. It was 58 degrees when I fed the birds. Wonderful! It rained during the night and is a little windy. So great to open up a little. Now if I could just fix my back door screen...

Loved the articles. I would go to that haunted house in a heartbeat!! Take care all!!! .. Jan
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Jan—your lizard-saving story was wonderful. Thank you for seeing a creature in need and helping him! Roger—yes, $200 copay plus 20% of all costs (that’s after I’ve already met all deductibles AND withe the best insurance my company offers). Today was dreadful: drive from place to place inntears aaking for help, only to get patronizing garbage everywhere I went. Feeling hopeful for tomorrow’s appointment.
  • RogerToo
    And still more humor :)

Hi
    I was out doing some walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 41 degrees on the porch and 43 degrees on the cable channel. I pulled the Hoodie out of the closet today and I plugged the batteries back into the heated gloves. one ran out 1/2 way through the walk and the other at about 80% of the walk :(
    I turned one the heat to test today and since the Main floor was at 62 degrees.

The Plumber was scheduled for 10AM to Noon and arrived around 11:15 to clear the clogged Kitchen / Bathtub drain. All the other drains are OK. the cost was OK, I had visions of $$$ flying away and it was not that bad :)

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

Never got a chance to write yesterday. Going back to church seemed overwhelming to say the least. My dishes were prepared the night before, so reheating them was pretty easy. When I got there, not a soul was there. I was somewhat late, and all the helpers were later than I was. Someone used the cafeteria room and left it in a mess. There were extra chairs just left and dirty tables, and missing tables. The school next store uses it sometimes, and they sure did not clean up. So I ended up missing half my class cleaning. People came to me with things they needed and half of our things were missing we needed... it seemed a nightmare. I guess we survived and all went well. I had to jam on my brakes from some dumb guy on the way home who apparently jammed on his brakes for no good reason I could tell, and my leftovers fell off my back seat. When I got home, everything landed face up except the actual tray, so good deal, lol! Then stepped in red ants letting the dogs out on my patio of all places. Wierd!! Then one of my poor little chameleon lizards from outside got stuck on the fly paper on the inside of my screen (glass) door. He was still alive and waving at me with his one free elbow. I goggled how to get stuff unstuck from fly paper, and it said use vegetable oil. I doused him twice and let it sit, and you could see him start to unstick. I got a cotton swab and gently moved him off as I could, adding more oil as I went. He finally was free. You never saw a happier lizard nor a happier person than me. That was a high point, lol! Then off to small group that nite. I am not sure I came out quite even on my energy level and thankfulness level from yesterday. I feel rather drained... :#
    Hi Jan
    Sad to say more people seem to be slobs than neatniks :)

Bad drivers are all over too. I sometimes suspect that some of them brake if they think You are to close behind.

Congratulations on getting the Lizard free.
    Congrats Val, on the wt.loss you showed! Always a good thing. And finding a great home for Cooper! That is awesome!! I hope you are feeling better. I have had great luck with our Doc in a Box down here. I definately go to them first if my Dr. is closed. He actually worked there before he opened his practice, which is how I found him, lol..

I was hoping for a day at home, but my friend has taken a turn for the worse. She had stopped all treatments as her tumors were reoccurring quickly in her brain and some not operable. I have not got there the last few times between the dog rescue, helping a lady at church and the trip, so apparently I need to go soon. I think I missed her last coherent moments, and I just hate that. I sure do not feel wise or strong today for going after Sunday.

My y is sticking on the computer...drives me crazy, lol!!

Cold front finally hit. It was 58 degrees when I fed the birds. Wonderful! It rained during the night and is a little windy. So great to open up a little. Now if I could just fix my back door screen...

Loved the articles. I would go to that haunted house in a heartbeat!! Take care all!!! .. Jan

That is one of the reasons I do not always go to my doctor.
    1. His hours
    2. If lab work is needed the Local urgent care does do some lab work whereas my doctor would have to send me out. Including X-Rays.

I'm sorry to hear about Your friend :(

If it is a desktop the keys come off easily on the older style keyboards and if so You might be able to fix it easily.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Jan—your lizard-saving story was wonderful. Thank you for seeing a creature in need and helping him! Roger—yes, $200 copay plus 20% of all costs (that’s after I’ve already met all deductibles AND withe the best insurance my company offers). Today was dreadful: drive from place to place inn tears asking for help, only to get patronizing garbage everywhere I went. Feeling hopeful for tomorrow’s appointment.

Hi Val
    Not great insurance IMO, the copay is higher than doctor visits here, so Big whoopee.

There was a piece on the new last night that at drugstores in many cases using insurance for the prescription can cost more than paying cash due to the amount of the copay. The advice given was to ask the pharmacist if that applies. It appears that the Insurance companies have gag orders on the pharmacies and pharmacists as they get what is called a clawback percentage of the deductible where the cash price would be cheaper. However if You ask that frees them from the gag clause in their contract.

I hope I'm being clear.

Good Luck with Your appointment.
    Roger
    Good Luck
  • hope4change_val
    I’m being admitted to the hospital...unable to keep even water down. Love you Jan & Roger!
  • Buttons61
    Good morning,

Val, I don't know if you can do the MFP on your phone, I hope we get to hear from you!Going into the hospital does not seem good, although maybe they can find out what is going on. I feel kind of clueless about what is going on, so hopefully maybe with some tests they can rule out some things, and take some x-rays to see better. I wonder if work has given you an ulcer.. I sur hope you feel better soon and they narrow it down. So sorry about you having to go in, too. That is never easy! Hang in there!! <3

Really chilly in your neck of the woods, Roger! I forget it is Oct. as we have just gotten some lovely cool nights. Happy that the plumber was not as bad as expected!! I need to call an electrician myself and kind of dread that whole thing. I have several outlets I need checked, and I think I have a short in my front outside light. That should be a pretty penny... :|

I was so happy to see my friend. She was awake a good bit and understands most of the time, but can not really speak. Occasionally she will get out a word. I know it must be frustrating for her and strange when she has moments that are not clear. Sometimes she just looks sad. I was afraid I would not see her, as I think that she has little time left. She can not walk anymore and they had to put in a catheter. She is so fortunate that she has a really great close family. Her sister and her hubby's sister are both nurses, so that is fortunate indeed. You never know where life will take you, that is for sure...

Val, you are in my prayers that these doctors are comprehensive and insightful and are able to give you care and speedy recovery!! Hope we hear from you soon!! :) Take care all!! ..Jan
  • hope4change_val
    My surgery is at noon. I really was dehydrated and iv fluids were badly needed. Will check in when i can
  • RogerToo
    And yet more humor, Mostly Humor anyway

Hi
    I was out doing some walking this Morning + 3 cents. The temperature this morning was 42 degrees on the porch and 45 degrees on the cable channel.
    While I was walking I noticed two deer heading across the street until they saw me on the side they were headed for. At that point they stopped in the middle of the street which stopped a car that had just turned onto the street until they reversed direction and headed back the way they had come :)

http://newjersey.news12.com/story/36530025/new-jerseys-2017-haunted-house-guide
    New Jersey's 2017 Haunted House Guide
    Posted: Oct 05, 2017 12:57 PM EST
    Updated: Oct 13, 2017 12:34 PM EST

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/news/local/article_d9e65356-b155-11e7-8634-7fcc67848f6d.html
    Worker grilled in theft of fajitas
    County DA’s office looks into missing $1.2M of purchases

Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 10:08 pm,By FRANK GARZA

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article178813586.html
    Miami politician says aliens took her on a spaceship. Now she’s running for Congress.
    By Alex Daugherty And Patricia Mazzei, October 16, 2017 7:00 AM

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/37916/
    [b Ahead of Halloween, universities nationwide tell students what not to wear [/b]
    Jennifer Kabbany - Fix Editor October 16, 2017

Who Knew
    http://newjersey.news12.com/
    Question of the Day
    10/17: It's National Pasta Day! What do you put on your pasta?
    "Sauce"
    "Gravy"

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I’m being admitted to the hospital...unable to keep even water down. Love you Jan & Roger!
    My surgery is at noon. I really was dehydrated and iv fluids were badly needed. Will check in when i can

Hi Val
    I will think positive thoughts and Pray for Your quick recovery form what ails You.

Needing surgery does not sound good. Does that mean that they missed something when You went the other day.
    I hope Your daughter is handling this OK.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning,

Val, I don't know if you can do the MFP on your phone, I hope we get to hear from you!Going into the hospital does not seem good, although maybe they can find out what is going on. I feel kind of clueless about what is going on, so hopefully maybe with some tests they can rule out some things, and take some x-rays to see better. I wonder if work has given you an ulcer.. I sur hope you feel better soon and they narrow it down. So sorry about you having to go in, too. That is never easy! Hang in there!! <3

Really chilly in your neck of the woods, Roger! I forget it is Oct. as we have just gotten some lovely cool nights. Happy that the plumber was not as bad as expected!! I need to call an electrician myself and kind of dread that whole thing. I have several outlets I need checked, and I think I have a short in my front outside light. That should be a pretty penny... :|

I was so happy to see my friend. She was awake a good bit and understands most of the time, but can not really speak. Occasionally she will get out a word. I know it must be frustrating for her and strange when she has moments that are not clear. Sometimes she just looks sad. I was afraid I would not see her, as I think that she has little time left. She can not walk anymore and they had to put in a catheter. She is so fortunate that she has a really great close family. Her sister and her hubby's sister are both nurses, so that is fortunate indeed. You never know where life will take you, that is for sure...

Val, you are in my prayers that these doctors are comprehensive and insightful and are able to give you care and speedy recovery!! Hope we hear from you soon!! :) Take care all!! ..Jan

Hi Jan
    I decided to change my breakfast this morning, I was going to put a couple of frozen waffles in the toaster then thought I'm going to have some nice warm Oatmeal as I am sure that will be better with the house still warming up from being 62 degrees before I turned on the heat.

Fortunately either my brother or I can do most electrical when needed. I Studied electronics way back when in High School and then worked for an electrician for a while and my Brother was in the electricians Union for many years.

That is so sad, not being able to speak, I would look sad too.

Be strong
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

Wow, did not expect you going to surgery Val. I was not sure if they were doing an exploratory surgery or had come to a diagnosis. What a good thing you were persistent in your care. I am glad you have someone at home to kind of hold things together. Like Roger wrote, I hope Em is doing okay with this. I was glad to see you post!!

It was 52 degrees this morning at 8 am. It is very damp and there is a slight wind. I did grab my nice warm sweater to feed the birds. I could not believe I was a little chilly, it seems a long time since that happened. Your oatmeal breakfast sounded pretty good! My friend's sister in law had made pumpkin soup with sausage and cornbread for their lunch and invited me to stay. Definitely nice and fall!

Your news articles were interesting. Unbelievable about the fajita guy! Amazing he was only caught by him not being at his place to control the delivery, and how odd he wasn't. Actually the ufo lady sounded pretty lucid. There are an awful lot of those stories. They cannot all be crackpots, at least I don't think so.... I don't hear much about ufo stories. Certainly not as it was when I grew up. Maybe that is just me, but I wonder why.

Thanks for the humor too! Always appreciated. Glad the car stopped for the deer!! :) Renew's my faith in my fellow man! (or lady!)..... Take care! ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Surgery successfull...i can sip clear liquids without that excruciating pain. Staying overnight again because receiving IV antibiotics. I don’t know what happened. I have laparoscopic incisions on abdomen. But result of drinking fluids has been obtained!!! Em is okay. I mother her via text message! I’m sure she waa worried today. But hopefully relieved with my evening messages
  • RogerToo
    And still more humor? today

Hi
    I was out doing some walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was in the 40s on the porch and in the low 50s on the cable channel.

Am I the only one that has noticed the new Frozen Dinner Entrees from Nutrisystem?
    Viewed at http://www.nutrisystem.com/jsps_hmr/catalog/menu/food.jsp?meal=dinner&plan=basic

NEW! Shrimp & Chicken Stir-Fry
    Product Details
    Chicken and shrimp are mingled with ginger, lemongrass, mushrooms and snow peas. One bite and you'll be transported to Southeast Asia.

NEW! Chipotle Chicken Bowl
    Product Details
    The chipotle—a smoked, dried jalapeno—is the bold flavor in this hearty bowl, filled with grilled chicken, black beans, brown rice, veggies and Monterey jack.

NEW! Chipotle Beef and Broccoli Bowl
    Product Details
    You'll be "bowl-ed" over by the flavors of this savory dinner dish. Tender beef strips are layered in with our smoky chipotle sauce, fresh broccoli, kale, fire-roasted red peppers and onions—and served over a bed of fluffy brown rice.

NEW! Pork Tenderloins
    Product Details
    Pork tenderloin, the most tender cut of pork, paired with zucchini, sugar snap peas and julienned carrots and our rich, creamy dijon sauce.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/17/nhs-provokes-fury-indefinite-surgery-ban-smokers-obese/
    NHS provokes fury with indefinite surgery ban for smokers and obese
    By Laura Donnelly, Health Editor, 17 October 2017 • 9:00pm
    Great Britain, National Health, we need that sort of thinking here, Nope !

https://www.inverse.com/article/37446-aquamation-water-burial-california
    It's Now Legal to Liquefy a Dead Body in California
    Before you ask, no, you can't drink your dead relatives.

By Yasmin Tayag on October 16, 2017
    California weirdness

https://www.studyfinds.org/stress-health-poor-diet/
    Stress May Be Just As Bad For Your Body As Junk Food, Study Finds
    17Oct - by Daniel Steingold
    Who Knew

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

Wow, did not expect you going to surgery Val. I was not sure if they were doing an exploratory surgery or had come to a diagnosis. What a good thing you were persistent in your care. I am glad you have someone at home to kind of hold things together. Like Roger wrote, I hope Em is doing okay with this. I was glad to see you post!!

It was 52 degrees this morning at 8 am. It is very damp and there is a slight wind. I did grab my nice warm sweater to feed the birds. I could not believe I was a little chilly, it seems a long time since that happened. Your oatmeal breakfast sounded pretty good! My friend's sister in law had made pumpkin soup with sausage and cornbread for their lunch and invited me to stay. Definitely nice and fall!
    Hi Jan
    Looking at the new Dinner Entrees I will try one each of the Chipotle Bowls as I am not a fan of heat in my food and want to test them. I will also order one of the Shrimp and Chicken Stir fry to try and since I don't eat Shrimp I will palm those off on my Brother since he does eat them. I did something similar with the Last Pu Pu Platter I picked up. I also noticed that the So Called Jumbo Shrimp in it were mostly breading and tiny shrimp. The description lied IOWs :(

Sausage & Cornbread, That is a new combination to me, is it a Southern thing?
    I love a Good Homemade Sausage where it is a lot leaner than store bought and I love Homemade Cornbread. I just never thought of having them together, I always use butter on my cornbread.
    Your news articles were interesting. Unbelievable about the fajita guy! Amazing he was only caught by him not being at his place to control the delivery, and how odd he wasn't. Actually the ufo lady sounded pretty lucid. There are an awful lot of those stories. They cannot all be crackpots, at least I don't think so.... I don't hear much about ufo stories. Certainly not as it was when I grew up. Maybe that is just me, but I wonder why.

Thanks for the humor too! Always appreciated. Glad the car stopped for the deer!! :) Renew's my faith in my fellow man! (or lady!)..... Take care! ...Jan

What I found amazing also was that their menus do not have fajitas on them and nobody noticed...

A conspiracy minded person would say that UFOs are not in the news much due to government supression wherever possible :)

I know people that hit a Deer while driving when they darted out of the trees and brush alongside the road and it did not do their car or pickup truck any good.
    I used to have to be careful driving home from work for many years since I could see Deer feeding beside the road.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Surgery successful...i can sip clear liquids without that excruciating pain. Staying overnight again because receiving IV antibiotics. I don’t know what happened. I have laparoscopic incisions on abdomen. But result of drinking fluids has been obtained!!! Em is okay. I mother her via text message! I’m sure she was worried today. But hopefully relieved with my evening messages

Hi Val
    I'm glad to hear that they found the source of the problem and were able to correct it. Sadly Your experience parallels things I have seen within the family. Example a family member being told that they had to live with excruciating back pain. Finally She found a doctor that said I can fix that and Voila No more pain. I was appalled at the number of doctors that said nothing can be done.

Hopefully Your daughter is happier now, I know You can not wait to get home and see her.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • maria3761
    maria3761 Posts: 77 Member
    Hello everyone!! I just rejoined Nutrisystem and this has been my first week doing the program again. I quit the program in 2015 right about the time the boards closed, I really need to get my nutritional life in order! And with work I know it is so much easier to manage my meals using Nutrisystem so I can just grab stuff and go or come home and easily prepare a meal....And then I could still make a simple meal for my husband if need be.

I used to post on this board back when I was on Nutrisystem before , though I don't remember my username. So I remember you Roger and some others I think, I haven't read through this board all the way yet . It's great that you are all still going strong here, and I really appreciate the fact that you created this board Roger! It was always nice having the Nutrisystem boards to connect with people and get ideas...awful that they got rid of them!
  • maria3761
    maria3761 Posts: 77 Member
    Well I had more to my post but somehow it didn't all get posted ! The gist of what I was going to say is just that I plan to take it easy and work on my Nutrisystem program, check in here, and eventually start an exercise program though not just yet . I do a lot of stair climbing at work so hopefully that'll suffice for now. Good being back on Nutrisystem! I hope everyone's doing well and I hope you feel better Val, I see that you've been ill. Thanks for listening,
    Maria