New members

Options

Replies

• Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. All the guys are pussycats, but the girls are a bit sketchy.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    Welcome to the group. All the guys are pussycats, but the girls are a bit sketchy.

Your hilarious :smiley:
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Evalen306 wrote: »
    I'm new, Just a little sheep, looking to shed a few pounds of wool. I am not really fat, I'm just wooly :) I live in NH. I am doing the Diet Free Life, 21 day challenge, only lost half a pound this week. Its not my fault, it was that Turkey that did it. He said he was good for me, but forgot to tell me about his pals, potato, stuffing and pumpkin pie. Oh well now I am off to a new start, with tracking this time. Have a great day.

Welcome aboard :)
  • Evalen306
    Evalen306 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, this looks like a nice group. Good Night everyone, this little sheep is going to bed and not to count sheep, I like to read. But it is 10.30 PM HERE.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options

Actually, I'm a bit more into painting right now rather than sketching...just saying...

Welcome to all the new folks!
  • rgec58
    rgec58 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just joined this group. I'm 59, seeking to be healthy. I am a runner, Half Marathons. I am a cyclist, riding in several 100K and 100 mile rides each year. I have a blog at http://wholelivingafter50.com I hope to be an encourager and to be encouraged by this group. My goal is 158 lbs. I'm at 178. I just started using MFP, and have logged for 23 days straight. I had logged for 7 days prior to a week where I was out of the country, and was unable to log in. I have been seeking to lose weight since August 2017, because I noticed how out of shape I was and how overweight I was. I am 5'7" tall with a small to medium frame. Hope all of you keep up the journey to healthier lives.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,069 Member
    Options
    @rgec58, welcome aboard!!
  • BBee5064
    Options
    rgec58 wrote: »
    Just joined this group. I'm 59, seeking to be healthy. I am a runner, Half Marathons. I am a cyclist, riding in several 100K and 100 mile rides each year. I have a blog at http://wholelivingafter50.com I hope to be an encourager and to be encouraged by this group. My goal is 158 lbs. I'm at 178. I just started using MFP, and have logged for 23 days straight. I had logged for 7 days prior to a week where I was out of the country, and was unable to log in. I have been seeking to lose weight since August 2017, because I noticed how out of shape I was and how overweight I was. I am 5'7" tall with a small to medium frame. Hope all of you keep up the journey to healthier lives.

Great to have you in our group. :)
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,881 Member
    Options
    Hi - I followed mz Ann and Mk over here from the maintainers section. Nice to find yall. I am Bonney from Texas. 59 and counting. Seem like a very nice group. We all sure have our challenges as we get a little older but seems like "with a little help from our friends" we can succeed at whatever we put our minds too. As I have always said in tennis matches "age and craftiness (and a good drop shot) beats youth and exhuberance 99.99% of the time".
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the golden oldies.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    OMG!! I just saw the new HUG icon. That must have been the software updated that hosed MFP talking to Fitbit. But it's sweet. Thank you.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Welcome aboard SummerSkier
    Great to have you :)
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the golden oldies.

Speak for yourself!

I'm not old I'm highly experienced! :)
  • d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,049 Member
    Options
    OMG!! I just saw the new HUG icon. That must have been the software updated that hosed MFP talking to Fitbit. But it's sweet. Thank you.

Yeah, looks like they just renamed the "Awesome" icon (which makes some old post look strange with all the "Hug"s). That small change shouldn't have hosed the Fitbit link like it did.

Not really a huggy type of guy. :/ But I liked to give awesome dues. "Like" is OK but "Awesome" was... well, awesome!

RIP "Awesome" :'(
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    yeah - I could do without the whole WOO thing and bring back the AWESOME! ;)
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Though I posted a question, I don't think I introduced myself. I'm married, 4 kids & 8 grand kids. I'm 48 lbs down & 10 to go. Stopped exercising due to heart irregularity due to a medication which i have since stopped taking. I haven't gained any weight but haven't lost more either because I didn't adjust calories to lower setting but for now I'll leave it, it being winter & eating more hot foods.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @Evamutt Congrats on your weight loss :star::star::star:
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Evamutt wrote: »
    Though I posted a question, I don't think I introduced myself. I'm married, 4 kids & 8 grand kids. I'm 48 lbs down & 10 to go. Stopped exercising due to heart irregularity due to a medication which i have since stopped taking. I haven't gained any weight but haven't lost more either because I didn't adjust calories to lower setting but for now I'll leave it, it being winter & eating more hot foods.

Welcome to our group.
    Congratulations on 48 lbs down
    That’s fantastic
  • lmcgarity
    lmcgarity Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I’m new to this group thing too! I’m 52, with high cholesterol and 30-40 extra pounds. Trying to eat better and get my lazy butt back to the gym next week. Used to do Weight Watchers but some friends and I decided to use MFP! Gotta stick with it!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Welcome! B)
    Congrats on losing those pounds! :star: