TEAM: Flab u Less (January)

Options

Replies

• aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I know I’ve already posted my goals but I’m wanting to add to it. I had a high blood pressure episode yesterday that was very scary (migraine, sweaty, shakey, nauseated). I am challenging myself to eat foods that help lower blood pressure naturally because I refuse to take blood pressure meds like my entire family does. I am also challenging myself to at least walk 30 minutes everyday even if I can’t make it to the gym to lift. I am going to rely heavily on everyone’s support here. I will support everyone also! That’s what it’s all about! I’m aiming to be at a healthy BMI, healthy blood pressure range and adopt healthy eating habits for long term.

I am willing to try any other challenges you all suggest that I feel like I can accomplish. Good luck everyone!
  • STLGraffitiQueen
    STLGraffitiQueen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! My name is Sena (C-Na) and I'm from St. Louis, Missouri. I love hiking, reading, drawing, watching sports, and spoiling those closest to me. I do not have any children of my own, but I do have 5 nieces that I love, adore, and want to get healthy for. I'm tired of my weight literally weighing me down. My weight has kept me from enjoying my life these past few years and I'm ready to live again. Leaving a toxic relationship and facing my insecurities has allowed me to finally become strong enough to put myself and my health first. I'm looking forward to making this journey with each and every one of you. Let's make 2018 a year of positive change. My only goal this year is to learn to love myself again.

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going." ~Beverly Sills
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    aganey wrote: »
    I know I’ve already posted my goals but I’m wanting to add to it. I had a high blood pressure episode yesterday that was very scary (migraine, sweaty, shakey, nauseated). I am challenging myself to eat foods that help lower blood pressure naturally because I refuse to take blood pressure meds like my entire family does.

" I had a high blood pressure episode which was characterized with a migraine, sweaty,shakey and nauseated" Did you check your blood pressure to see what your readings were? These are definite symptoms which cause for concern. Being a health care professional for many, many years, I am not aware of any foods that would lower your blood pressure, however, I would suggest that if you continue to having these symptoms ,you best bet is for you to be seen by a doctor especially since there is a family history of elevated blood pressure .
  • Ecowles675
    Ecowles675 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year team! I am excited to join. I need some accountability to keep me on track. I have two girls, 16 & 12, who keep my husband and I running. My goal in 2018 is to eat less processed foods and eat out less, take more time for me, and continue my weight loss journey.
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    12774 wrote: »

" I had a high blood pressure episode which was characterized with a migraine, sweaty,shakey and nauseated" Did you check your blood pressure to see what your readings were? These are definite symptoms which cause for concern. Being a health care professional for many, many years, I am not aware of any foods that would lower your blood pressure, however, I would suggest that if you continue to having these symptoms ,you best bet is for you to be seen by a doctor especially since there is a family history of elevated blood pressure .

I did check my blood pressure while I was feeling that way and it was 190/84. I’ve been checking it since then and it’s been between 143/83 and 127/81. I’ve been watching my sodium since that happened and have been eating foods that help lower blood pressure. I have also been very active today. I made a promise to my husband that I would check it a few times a day every day for 2 weeks and if it isn’t better then I will go see a doctor.
  • shawna357
    shawna357 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hello newcomers I am excited to start this journey with you. I am happy to see @bisonpitcher and @rvaugh07 staying with and hoping others will post after the New Year. I am reading the posts and see suggestions for water mini challenges, trying new healthy foods, and different activities. I would like to switch the challenge every week or add to the last. This first week let's focus on our water intake. I try to drink about 64oz plus a day. So each day just lost how much water you drank and this will keep you accountable and hopefully remind you to drink, drink, drink.
    Let's start the new year out right and be Flab U Less
  • shawna357
    Options
    Good morning! I'm from Ohio, and we did have a white Christmas! I love walking, jogging, scrapbooking, and reading. I love fresh starts and look forward to this January challenge. I have two teenagers and live near a National Park. My other January goal is to do journaling every day. I want to get all that stress down on paper and off my body. Looking forward to losing weight with you!

Hello and welcome. I am orginally from Ohio and that is one thing I miss is snow for Christmas. We had a dusting in TN just enough to say we had a white Christmas lol
  • shawna357
    Options
    gkingbr wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I am from Louisiana and am marries with 3 children, my eldest daughter is 10 my son in 8 and my youngest is 2 months.
    I will be out of touch Thursday through Saturday evening as I am take my eldest two camping for our winter beak.
    My family and I love the outdoors and enjoy camping, bike riding, kayaking, and hiking. As i have lost weight we have been able to do more and have enjoyed these activities more.

looking forward to this challenge.

Hello and welcome. That is awesome that you and your family is so activity. Have safe travels.
  • shawna357
    Options
    mrsla01 wrote: »
    Hello! I’m new to this challenge and look forward to a great start to 2018!

Hello and welcome. Great way to start the New Year.
  • shawna357
    Options
    12774 wrote: »
    I love the name of this team and I am lucky to be assigned to it. I started my journey in August 2012 and the name of my 1st group Biggest Loser #2 .My journey continues with another Biggest Loser Team .I am hoping to reach my goal which is about 15 lbs away.

Hello and welcome. Glad to have you on our team.
  • shawna357
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Asylin (Az-Lynn) and I am a 35 year old stay at home wife and mother (son 11, daughter 2). I quit my job in March with the impression I would have all this time to cook healthy meals and exercise and lose all this weight and be healthy. Well I’ve been flat out lazy! I have lost 10 pounds, but have 48 more to go. I started strength training in October but very inconsistently. My goals for January are to cook healthier meals more often than not and stay consistent with my workout routine. Strength train 3 days a week and cardio 3 days a week.

I’m so excited to be in this group! Let’s give it our all and stay motivated through conversation! It’s hard to do it by yourself, so let’s not be alone FLAB-U-LESS!!

Hello and welcome. Communication is the key and it sounds like you have a great exercise plan.
  • shawna357
    Options
    eyer0ll wrote: »
    Hello all, I've been using MFP since last May, and I've dropped 35 pounds between then and November. My goal for 2018 is to lose another 50 by the end of the year, so ideally I'm looking to lose 4-6 lbs. during January, as well as get back into a consistent workout routine. Good luck to all for the coming month!

Hello and welcome. That is a great goal and I believe we can help and encorage you to reach it.
  • shawna357
    Options
    eissacf25 wrote: »
    Hey team! I'm so excited to start this challenge!! I am a full-time working mommy and spouse. My kids are 3.5 and 5. My husband travels all the time for work and was in the Navy until recently. Since having kids it's been very difficult for me to stick to anything because of how crazy my schedule can get with working, the kids and having my husband gone all the time.

I am literally the heaviest I've ever been, and I'm always so uncomfortable. My goal is to push through NO MATTER WHAT this time. I need to set a good example for my kids. We've joined the Y, which offers 2 hours of free babysitting, so the kids can play and mommy can workout when daddy's gone. I also signed up for beachbody on demand, that way I can work out after the kids go to bed too. Ideally I'd like to lose 100 lbs, but I will re-evaluate once I get closer to my goals. Let's do thiissssss <3

Hello and welcome. I loved going to the Y. Unfortunately, where I live now doesn't have one. It looks like you have great motivation to reach your goals.
  • shawna357
    Options
    QSMSH wrote: »
    Hello everyone I am from Canada!! I’m 47 and looking to lose some weight and be me again.

Hello and welcome. Thank you for the mini challenge suggestion.
  • shawna357
    Options
    Hi,

I am Emma and am 28 and from the UK!

Desperate to start losing weight so me and hubby can try to start a family as am nowhere near a healthy weight range at the moment!

Hello and welcome. Starting a family is a great motivator.
  • shawna357
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Jenna. I am 21 years old and am ready to lose 10 lbs at least to start. Lets hope for the best, and good luck team!

Hello and welcome. Thank you for your suggestion and I am looking forward to helping you reach your goal.
  • shawna357
    Options
    Hi Team! My name is Sena (C-Na) and I'm from St. Louis, Missouri. I love hiking, reading, drawing, watching sports, and spoiling those closest to me. I do not have any children of my own, but I do have 5 nieces that I love, adore, and want to get healthy for. I'm tired of my weight literally weighing me down. My weight has kept me from enjoying my life these past few years and I'm ready to live again. Leaving a toxic relationship and facing my insecurities has allowed me to finally become strong enough to put myself and my health first. I'm looking forward to making this journey with each and every one of you. Let's make 2018 a year of positive change. My only goal this year is to learn to love myself again.

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going." ~Beverly Sills

Hello and welcome. That is a great goal to have.
  • shawna357
    Options
    Ecowles675 wrote: »
    Happy New Year team! I am excited to join. I need some accountability to keep me on track. I have two girls, 16 & 12, who keep my husband and I running. My goal in 2018 is to eat less processed foods and eat out less, take more time for me, and continue my weight loss journey.

Hello and welcome. I have the same goal of eating less processed foods.
  • shawna357
    Options
    I believe I am caught up sorry for taking up a whole page on this thread. I love having a team that communicates. Tomorrow is New Years Eve in the U.S. so everyone have a safe and blessed night.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    shawna357 wrote: »
    I believe I am caught up sorry for taking up a whole page on this thread. I love having a team that communicates. Tomorrow is New Years Eve in the U.S. so everyone have a safe and blessed night.
    Thanks Shawna for getting back to everyone great idea about the challenges let's decide what our first should be and get it together for the first!!
This discussion has been closed.