Pregnancy

Options

Replies

• Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys. People finally caught on to the announcement. @puffbrat Haha, thanks. Yeah, everyone keeps telling me what I can and cannot do, can and cannot eat, can and cannot take etc. So far, I've been nodding and smiling and keeping my thoughts to myself so I don't offend anyone's feelings. I did put my foot down with the hubs and had some wine Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I watered it down with sparkling grape juice, so it was far less than the 2 cups a week recommendation. Although 1st trimester it doesn't matter a great deal. My friend is in shock, hers was a surprise. She was laughing about it though, and is taking it with a good attitude. Her husband is over the moon happy

Sorry it's taking me so long to reply, I had several bad days in a row of riding the nausea train. Last week was really hard. Survived the in-laws Christmas visit. I'm proud of myself that I didn't throw up on them or wring my MIL's neck, though it was a near miss. She and are gonna have a little talk down the line about how she is NOT going to view the birth, and she is NOT coming to the house afterwards until I've been home at least a day and a night. She watched her other grandkids pop out and loves to tell it all in gory detail to anyone who will listen. She is determined to be there for mine too, and when I told her no one was coming but the hubs, just brushed me off.

Hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas! I was sick all day for it, but managed to chow down on delicious Christmas food in the evening. I also got some new clothes today. Tummy popped out in the middle of last week--way earlier than it was supposed to, and I've gained even more weight. My family is joking that I might have twins. @__@ I got a fetal doppler in the mail today. Could not find a heartbeat but will try again later. I'm a little earlier than the manufacturer guidelines.

@Kirstie155 Awesome! I was wondering who you were all week. If anyone else wants to add me on Facebook, feel free. But I don't post a great deal.

@SheilAnneSmith Yay! I'm glad you're getting your energy back, even if it is in small doses. I have cleaned cow barns before. It is no picnic! But I also learned the hard way that putting it off is even worse! I can't imagine doing right now, and in the cold. That's awesome. And I have not been back to the gym in months, but really hope next week will be the week I'm feeling up to it. I think I could handle a stationary bike and weight machines just fine. Sorry about the glucose test. It sounds like you pretty much know what to do with your diet though, which is awesome. How did the baby owner's manual go?
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @Alioth I hope the nausea subsides soon! I'm sorry your MIL is being that way. I don't blame you for putting your foot down, she seems very overbearing. I'm glad you were able to have some goodies on Christmas even though you weren't feeling well!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Lizz, your mother in.law sounds like a nighare! Make sure you and hubby are on the same page...it's his mom, make him handle her!
  • marianlyn
    marianlyn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    @Alioth My oldest is my MIL’s first grandchild, and I had a feeling she would have loved to be holding my knee or photographing the birth, so I made expectations clear with hubby up front. No one was going to know that we were even in labor and at the hospital until AFTER baby was born. My explanation for the hubby (who would have probably been ok live-streaming the whole thing) was that I was going to need his undivided attention. No time for texting or taking/making phone calls. That worked for him. Thankfully MIL is 5 hours away, too.
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @Alioth Marlin loved the "Owners Manual"-- I gave it to him before we left for Christmas, but I'm sure he plans on reading it. It's tongue-in-cheek but also not horrible basic info...especially for a 48 year old who has never cared for a baby or even changed a diaper.

I caught another dang cold over Christmas. The cough with this one is horrible, I've coughed so hard I think I've pulled a glute. Hoping it goes away fast, I'm miserable.

9 days until our ultrasound appointment...can not wait!! We have the ultrasound at 10:30, appointment at 11:30 and then a funeral at 1:00pm. It's going to be a busy day!

• WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith Hope you feel better soon! This is the ultrasound where you'll find out the gender? How exciting! I hope it goes well! Sorry to hear you'll have a funeral to attend that day as well. *HUGS*
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hey, finally found baby's heartbeat. Link! Suddenly everything feels very, very real. There's actually a living creature hanging out by my bladder. O__O

Thanks for the advice, guys! And thanks @WifiresGettingFit I'm pleased I've had 3 days of low nausea in a row. Hope this keeps up! @kirstie155 The MIL is a continuing source of worry. She is referring to the baby as "hers" now. She is also threatening to move in for 3 weeks after the birth. >_o; The hubs tends to just shut down around her. But he has confronted her on my behalf at least a few times. He is totally on board with keeping everything private and quiet. @marianlyn Yeah, that sounds like a plan. I think not telling her when labor starts is a grand idea. And clear expectations always help. I'm gonna let Josh handle telling her the plan, since he's better at that. I think it's hilarious that your husband might have livestreamed everything! Glad he listened to you instead.

@SheilAnneSmith ZOMG! Can't wait to hear how your ultrasound goes. Unfortunate about the funeral, but at least you'll have something happy to think about while going through a time of sadness. And I'm sorry you got sick again. That type of cough is miserable. Are you getting any sleep? Hope you feel better soon!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Omg Lizz, that is so cool that you shared the recording with us! <3<3<3 amazing!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Alioth That is such a beautiful sound to hear! I hope the low nausea keeps up (or even better no nausea!) I hope things settle down with the MIL and she backs off.
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    Ultrasound day! I may have woke up at 3am and wasn't able to get back to sleep...only 1 more hour at work and we're off to the appointment!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith ahhh so excited for you! Report back!
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    sus4uw1xqww2.jpg
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    OMG!! How exciting!! I didn't know you were going to find out the gender today! What name ideas do you have?
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith A girl!!!! how exciting!! Congratulations!
  • SheilAnneSmith
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @pezhed We've had her first name picked out for several years actually, Andrena. It's a name from a few generations back in Marlin's family tree. His great-grand aunt's name, although she went by Rena and that is what's on her headstone about a mile from our house. For a middle name, I think we'll use my grandmothers name, Lois. I grew up spending the majority of my time at her house next door, going to horse shows with her and such. Marlin never got to meet her, she passed away after we'd met, but before I had a chance to take him home. My mom and I both have Frances as a middle name (her grandmother's name)...kind of a joke where she didn't like it so she gave it to me, I don't really like it either, but I think I'll break the string of using it.

The appointments yesterday were exhausting. They wanted a full bladder for the scan and by 45 minutes before my appointment I was full and hurting...then they were running about 30 minutes late. I was miserable and in pain with that. It got to me, I was frustrated and emotional at that. Thankfully after measuring the cervix I was able to empty my bladder before the rest of the scan. Then the doctor had a delivery 10 miles away, she ended up 2.5 hours late. We went and ate lunch and came back and they got me in, but it was a long day. They didn't go over much for details, but said that everything looked really good and she was growing well. The estimated her at 15 oz right now. She was busy kicking away and had her foot up by her head the whole time, giving us a very clear shot for seeing that she's a girl. She was so busy at first they had to go do some other measurements before coming back to her heart when she calmed down. She was probably also happy I got to empty my bladder and give her more room!

My next appointment is in 2 weeks, which seems a bit early to go to 2 week appointments, but I think they want to do another check-in with me on the blood sugars I'm tracking. So far, they are happy with where my numbers are so I'll keep doing what I'm doing.

Here is a better profile shot.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith That appointment definitely sounds miserable with the full bladder and having to wait so long and having to go back but I'm glad everything is looking good! Beautiful name and yay for getting to see your precious girl another time!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Congratulations on the baby girl Sheila!
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    Aww..so Marlin got to feel baby girl kicking for the first time last night and it just happened to be on his Birthday. She's not even here yet and she's upstaging me on birthday presents!!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith Aww that's awesome! (and funny!)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Aww yay a girl! Congrats!!! I've never heard the name Andrena but it's really nice!!!