Tiffany's Progress Tracking

Options

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    So far the new job is awesome, lots of cool geeky people, and right now just getting set up and assigned to projects...I get to design a new database, that should be fun!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Tuesday #115 - calories and carbs on target despite the happy hour ciders and fish & chips, plus, I didn't even eat most of the chips because the fish was so yum!!! 105 min of exercise, walking, some strength training, some stretching and Beast shoulders - only made it half way through the shoulder routine because my elbows were just killing me, all the construction work over the holidays seems to have taken it's toll and I keep forgetting to put comfrey oil on them after the evening shower because they feel better after the heat. In any case, I cut it short rather than risk not being able to start on mud & tape this weekend as planned, I need my elbows to be working!

Today my old team is taking me out to lunch...I chose IHOP because YUM, so I'm torn between staying mostly keto (ultimate bacon omelette or chicken florentine crepes) or just going totally crazy and eating what I want (stuffed french toast or red velvet pancakes)...we will see which side wins!!! Either way, it will be fun and delicious and I will be risking a migraine because they have gluten in everything.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Wednesday #116 - no IHOP due to network issues and system outages...on the plus side, I didn't have any problem keeping carbs and calories in line without a trip out...and as a bonus I got all my exercises done, walking, some extra stretching, and Beast total body.

I kind of expected to be sore today, but instead I just feel amazing this morning!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Thursday #117 - good on exercise, good on calories, all in all a spot on day...I even managed to take a long bath and relax after dinner...it was awesome!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Friday #118 - over on food, awesome on exercise though...plus plenty of hot water with lemon...heading out of town tomorrow...and I was hoping to get a workout in before I go, but now it's looking like we will head out at 7am...<sigh>...hope to still get 'er done!!!
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Have fun mudding and taping this weekend, should give you a nice shoulder workout.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    thanks, it will be awesome

no weight loss on the scale this week, and I didn't bother with measurements, but I'm sure there's progress hiding in there somewhere

Missed my first workout of the week this morning, just couldn't manage to drag myself out of bed early and now it's time to load up the car and start dropping/picking up kids for the trek to the beach. I'm sure my back and biceps will be working plenty with the construction...and I may try moving that workout to Sunday since traditionally that's a cardio day...we will see what time I get back home.

Have a super weekend everyone!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your weekend, safe travels!
  • 50extra
    Options
    Have a great time at the beach!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Saturday #119 - road food and convenient food, mostly not keto today, but still low carb, and high calories so it's good that Saturday is an eat more day anyway. Room is coming along faster than expected, now out of supplies and time to hit the hardware store.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Sunday #120 - finished up what I could on the room until I ran out of materials...went to 2 different stores for materials, still unable to secure what I needed, so just headed back home a bit early...did some walking on the treadmill while watching Bones. It was cool! Hubs is back home, yay, so maybe some more fun cardio later! oh la la
  • 50extra
    Options
    Tiffany, what all are you guys doing to your vacation place? Is it like a full reno on a beach house or something? I apologize if you have spoken about it before, I don't remember reading about it.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    It's a slow renovation on a beach cottage. We try to limit the work to the winter, so we can vacation and use the house in the summer. This year we are totally gutting the spare bedroom. Originally it had 2 outlets, now it has 10 plus an overhead light...new windows...insulation...sheetrock...we moved the placement of the door and took out the closet...we will be refinishing the wood floor, adding new trim (windows, door, baseboard, crown, wainscot)...then some kind of a new light overhead, at this point we just have a plain bulb to work with until painting and such is done. It will be a lot of work, but it will be stunningly gorgeous when we are done - or at least, that's the plan!

Monday #121 - Good on food, even after eating out at the brewery, and it was soooo nice to have a date night for like the first time in ages. Did walking and abs and even convinced hubs to do them with me (yay)...not a crazy ambitious day, but a solid rest day.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Tuesday #122 - busy day at work, I didn't log food all day, but I also didn't have much time to eat and no time to snack, so I'm sure my food was under...went shopping after work, then home, then off to a norwex home party...ordered a few things, we will see if they live up to their cleaning promises...no workouts, didn't get home until almost 11pm.

I was doing so good at the beginning of the month, need to get back on track with the exercise!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Wednesday #123 - OMG, this keto thing is totally working...so, my old team took me out to lunch as a farewell...we went to IHOP - they put pancake batter in their omelettes, so almost everything is loaded with gluten on their menu...I decided I would get what I wanted and damn the consequences...had a spicy poblano omelette, which comes with pancakes, I got red velvet, it was all super delicious, and normally would have resulted in a raging migraine about 4 hours later.

nothing

nothing at all, not 4 hours later, not 12 hours later, no itchy eyes, no sneezing, no coughing, no nothing, even after just having a gluten exposure on Monday...wow

keto is amazing

exercise was good - walked on a break, did beast back/bis, did half an hour of yoga...solid return to the workout world.

oh, and I watched Scorpion King 4, and learned that the guy who plays Mathayas is 42 in that moving, so I was picking on my husband about how he needs to have THAT kind of a dad-bod
  • 50extra
    Options
    Well that's great news! It's pretty unreal that by simply eating in a different manner allows you to indulge in the items that were constantly plaguing you in the past. I guess you're one of the new KETO advocates now!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Thursday #124 - an awesome day, and totally getting back to where I need to be! Did my walking, and some cube cardio during a meeting, then Beast Shoulders, and a nice long Combat session. It's so nice when a plan comes together and I can make up some of the missed workouts! Oh, and food was totally on point, which is easier on the eat-more days, for sure...and I ate every bite of the eat more, which was epic!!!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Yay for no migraines and having an awesome day complete with epic eating! =)
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Friday #125 - kind of kick *kitten* for exercise, but food was over...I did great all day, and planned my meals, and then I opened a bottle of wine to marinate the steaks...and poured myself a glass while cooking...and poured myself another glass with dinner...and then raided the candy after dinner...bad Tiffany...<sigh>...
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day! :)