Options
    Tracking : yes
    Calories : yes
    Exercise : no
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)
    Day: Went to the gym, did arms today, feeling good about my progress and I'm really starting to like how I look...which is super surprising.
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes--30 mins arms
    Water Intake: 99 oz
  • DanishFeta
    DanishFeta Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Username: DanishFeta
    Weigh in week: January, Week 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Week's weight: 218
    Todays Weight: 217.2

Holiday is going well. My fit bit charger is dead though, so I have no idea what my stepcount is. Feeling pretty good healthwise besides the sunburn i got yesterday XD. Hope you're all well :)
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Exercise - yes
    Track - yes
    Calories - not really...

NSV for me this week is that I planned what I would do this week and I mostly did it. Life threw a few curves as usual, but I was able to make a few changes and carry on.
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Username - Fyreside
    Weigh in week - Week 2
    Weigh in day - Saturday
    Previous weight - 268.5lbs
    Current weight - 268.3lbs

I don't know what to say.. I've been hitting all my targets and macros and micros.. Working hard in the hot sun. hydrating, topping up electrolytes, even fasting. And I've barely lost two pounds since late November. Frustrated.

31hnto4xnigg.jpg
    cmqa732cs182.jpg

I've tried eating more... eating less.. different times of day. Heck for the first 3 days of this week I only ate 1000cal.. sigh..
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Fyreside wrote: »
    Username - Fyreside
    Weigh in week - Week 2
    Weigh in day - Saturday

I don't know what to say.. I've been hitting all my targets and macros and micros.. Working hard in the hot sun. hydrating, topping up electrolytes, even fasting. And I've barely lost two pounds since late November. Frustrated.

31hnto4xnigg.jpg
    cmqa732cs182.jpg

I've tried eating more... eating less.. different times of day. Heck for the first 3 days of this week I only ate 1000cal.. sigh..

I know how frustrating it can be. I was the same and the biggest change I made was eliminating a lot of processed foods for fresh fruit/veggies. I thought it was bs at first but what a difference and I feel a lot better.
    Keep trying. Plateaus suck but they can’t last forever.
  • AB0215
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Fyreside wrote: »
    Username - Fyreside
    Weigh in week - Week 2
    Weigh in day - Saturday

This is the most frustrating part, and I am going through it too right now, but there's a couple things...change is good for a plateau, and patience as weightloss isn't linear. Have you been taking measurements? Just because you're not losing weight, you might still be going through body recomposition (gaining muscle, losing fat so weight may be staying relatively the same but your body changing nonetheless)....and also, for some reason when you lose fat, your body tends to fill the empty fat cells with water as a placeholder because it's sure that you will refill them with fat....and then one day...whoosh and you lose that water weight too and have a big drop...but the big take a way is stay the course, it will catch up.

Also, if you're still doing keto, try lowering your protein for a bit...sometimes you can still eat too much protein, even if you are trying to gain muscle...there's some research out there that suggests that beyond .82 grams per pound of lean mass, extra protein doesn't really do much for you and it just gets wasted...and my own experience tends to support this...

I've been losing and gaining the same couple of pounds for about a month now, and I've decided not to worry about it, and I'm changing my exercise routine and focusing on gaining muscle, which in turn burns more fat so I will eventually burn through more of my fat because my body needs and and bust through my plateau.

Hang in there!!
  • AB0215
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Week 2 Winner's Circle (Team Participation):

1st Place:
    @IanMoone30 @jennfalzon1979 @mexiconona @saladhead123

2nd Place:
    @Calli1616 @JJKM02 @mjohemme

3rd Place:
    @carolmonson @gemwolf110 @gjaholy33 @ssssanaaaa @ka97

Honorable Mentions:
    @143tobe @sarahann104 @tfs27

The Official Week 2 Results have been posted:
    January Week 2 Results

Big Shout Out to our Biggest Losers this week:
    1st: @Calli1616
    2nd @143tobe
    3rd: @sentra99

Congratulations to this week's Overall Biggest Loser:
    @Calli1616

Thank you for all your participation and dedication and help motivating yourselves and others!! Thanks for a great Week 2 and let's make Week 3 even better!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Happy Sunday Slimsons and Welcome to Week 3!

Keep working towards your goals!!Don't give up because it gets harder or you feel like you're not making progress. One good choice will get you one step closer to your goals so just take it one step at a time and the results WILL come!

4dleluycbpwe.jpg
  • sarahann104
    sarahann104 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good Morning guys:)
    It was so hot yesterday that I had Drumstick Ice Creams for dinner. Yes, there was more than 4 eaten... maybe 6.... I will blame the ice cream truck for being so busy, I went to the shops quickly before they closed in case the truck didn't come lol.
    I have been stalking pinterest for different at home workouts this week, I have a plan for my vacation week this week, It should be fun and I don't want to go back to my classes a week behind everyone else and be even further behind them all lol.

Have a great week everyone, It feels strange getting up and not weighing myself straight after using the bathroom. yay for vacation lol.
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Tracking yes
    Calories no
    Exercise no

It’s been a bad week I weigh myself everyday and I see it going higher and higher and I still can’t stop eating the stuff I know I shouldn’t eat
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Calories under
    Track yes
    Exercise lots of walking
    Water 60oz
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Daily post
    Track. Yes
    Calories. Under
    Water. 102 ounces

I noticed a huge difference weight wise with my water in take. Going to do my best to keep it up. I have 4 bday parties this week. So hard avoiding cake
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Daily post -

Track - nope
    Exercise - yes
    Calories - nope

Tough day today!
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Daily Post:(Sunday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: No Quiet day hiding from the heat.

@jennfalzon1979 & @AB0215 Thanks for the supportive words. I've taken a good look at my eating patterns and it's true I have become a bit lazy lately. Eating more "easy" processed food and less home made meals. So I've spent some time in the kitchen doing a catchup and cooking some good meals for the week to come. Sure I've been meeting my macro targets.. But I couldn't say I was eating clean as such.

AB, I've tried both more protein and less protein. And I'm getting different advice from every direction lol.. So I ran the numbers to try to tailor an answer best suited to my body and situation. Going on a lean body mass of 70kg or 154.3Ll multiplied by a range of .8-1g per lb. gives me an ideal range of 123.44g to 154.3g per day. And I'm only just in range working with a 30% goal. There are so many factors to consider, but surely I'm in the ballpark. I've started think keto might be too sharp a knife edge to try to balance on lol. Here's my macro breakdown for the last couple of weeks.
    bs480v81pgk2.jpg

Anyway, trying to be patient.. But sadly I'm running out of time and missing out on opportunities. So I sure hope I have a breakthrough soon. Going to do a bigger fast this week than I've tried before.. See if I can't stimulate some change.

• carolmonson
    carolmonson Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Weigh in:
    Username: carolmonson
    Weigh in week: 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Start weight :236 (107.1
    Previous Week's Weight: 235 (106.9)
    Current weight : 234 (106.3)
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Track : yes
    Calories : yes
    Exercise : no
  • danzibob2016
    danzibob2016 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Username: Danzibob2016
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 173.8
    Current Weight: 174
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Weigh in:
    Username:143tobe
    Weigh in week: 3
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's Weight:166.2
    Current Weight:163.8

Sorry I'm not so active in the group. I am fully committed to this process and I read many of your comments, I just find the less time I spend on my computer the better. I appreciate the support you all give each other though and I hope to be more active in here eventually. My personal report for the week:

I started going back to the gym on a regular basis. I was a little worried working out on a "Keto burn" rather than my previous high carb fueled ones (back when I was a gym rat). Also, it had been a while since I'd done a full one hour workout. The ones I've done since being on Keto were usually just a half an hour bike ride, or light jog, or walk here and there. To my great surprise, my return to the gym was a lot less painful than my previous attempts to return. I actually feel great. High energy. Full focus. I FEEL fueled. I'm not saying that Keto is for everyone but at this point, I have never felt better on a "diet" in my life. Even back when I was running half marathons, I felt great on high carb...but I really only ran so I could eat more. Now food is really not even on my mind as much anymore.

This discussion has been closed.