Kat's OMAD journey

Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    edited January 2018
    Thank you Britt & Brenda :) I ordered a frig today....pretty much what I had before...I didn't want to have to change everything else in the kitchen...can of worms...I ordered from a lil local guy and he was nice and brought me over a loaner till mine comes in late January. So...at least I can have more than one meal in there ....phewwww lol.
    Today was a good OMAD day again. I got out of the house so that really makes a difference for me....work...home...stress= hunger craziness....But the more OMAD time in...the easier it gets. I just made turkey chili, side of guacamole and a salad for dinner and shared an orange with hubby. So great to have noooooo snacks in the house!
    gettin about 5-6 hours sleep every night this week so feelin' a lil tired but...I know I won't lay down till at least midnight. Hope everyone is feeling OMAD strong & had a great day :)
    ephx6pbldcsd.jpg
    need to lose 60 pounds
    1st day +1.2 pounds....61.2 to go
    2nd day -5 pounds...56.2 to go
    3rd day - .4 pounds...55.8 to go
    4th day +.2 pounds...56 to go
    5th day +.4 pounds...56.4 to go
    6th day -.4 pounds...56 to go
    7th day +.7 pounds...56.7 to go>>>> -3.3 for the week (a lot of water weight)
    New start after lag
    Jan 9 -2.1....54.6 to go
    Jan 10 -1.6...53 to go
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Wow, Kat, you're doing very well on your losses.

Sticking to OMAD and having super healthy meals seem to be working fabulously :) Keep up the good work!

Glad you got a temporary fridge. That guy was very nice to be lending you one. It'll not happen where I live, I can tell ya!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Great drops these past couple of days!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    You are doing great...Keep up the great work - OMAD is definitely working for you
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Like your new start @katjustkat
    Keep rolling along with it.
  • katjustkat
    jeanona wrote: »
    Wow, Kat, you're doing very well on your losses.

Sticking to OMAD and having super healthy meals seem to be working fabulously :) Keep up the good work!
    de
    Glad you got a temporary fridge. That guy was very nice to be lending you one. It'll not happen where I live, I can tell ya!

Thanxxx Jeanona...it's getting easier with every day. I'm attempting to eat 'less' carbs without feeling restricted.
    Yes I'm definitely relieved to have a loaner. They guy was super nice and just offered it. Nice to do business with mom and pop shops...the few that are still standing.
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Great drops these past couple of days!

Thanxxx Britt....a bit of a gain today but I have to try to ignore the scale fluctuations ( up and down) because my weight is all over the place the last couple years. That's why I like to have pictures of what I eat to give me some history in knowing what I did.
    You are doing great...Keep up the great work - OMAD is definitely working for you

Thanxxx Tracey, yes I've tried a lot of restrictive eating ways and the best by far for me is OMAD. I believe it's 100% because of insulin. We just have to be honest with ourselves and know where the weight came from. I definitely believe that I never had glutinous ways but put weight on 2-4 pounds a year despite tons of exercise and pretty decent eating habits. Just 100 calories a day for one year translates to a 10 pound gain. 20 calories too much each day is 2 pounds so we see how easy it is to pack on the pounds. I was beyond menopause 100% by age 42. I believe it was because I lost an ovary at age 29. Later I learned that the one ovary does all the work that two did and it got worn out. At about 38 I started putting those pounds on each year ( had no I idea I was premenopausal). Stayed 120 pounds till then without ever knowing what a diet was. Was even 108 when I married my husband and I'm 5'6.
    Jim_fbr wrote: »
    Like your new start @katjustkat
    Keep rolling along with it.

Thanxxxx Jim...gotta stick with it this time....wasting too much time going up and down...I admire how you blitzed it!
    Today was an easy OMAD day for me...no hunger outside my 5 pm hour. It was great being able to pick up some extra groceries for tomorrows dinner. Took a nice walk alone and got to keep the mountains in my eyesight...nature always makes me feel really good.
    I put .7 overnight but that was to be expected with a 1.6 drop yesterday. It's all just water moving around. I'm trying to not think of the journey...just going with the thought that everything will take care of itself as long as I stay on OMAD....time always passes quickly for me so why get antsy? It'll be Christmas time again before we all know it :#
    Made chicken fajitas, black beans and a bit of salad for dinner...Also had 1/2 orange again and it was super good...Maybe it's appreciated when you aren't eating any sugar. Used 3 net carb tortillas. Trying to increase fiber and lower my carbs ( not NO carbs...just be conscientious when I can).
    Looks like everyone had a good day. Hope tomorrow is super good too :)
    need to lose 60 pounds
    New start after lag
    Jan 9 -2.1....54.6 to go
    Jan 10 -1.6...53 to go
    Jan 11 +.7....53.7 to go
    axpg4vu8eka9.jpg

• katjustkat
    Good Omad day today, I mercy sat so I was busy with the young un'.
    Had a cobb salad from chick fillet and a piece of salmon. Ate half of the salmon in the picture....just too full.
    Stayed the same weight to the ounce...weird.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend :)
    tyjdv8blhauy.jpg
    need to lose 60 pounds
    New start after lag
    Jan 9 -2.1....54.6 to go
    Jan 10 -1.6...53 to go
    Jan 11 +.7....53.7 to go
    Jan 12 -0......53.7 to go
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I'm a bit like you in that I've never had eating disorders or anything like that but just overate for a long time and got heavy even while doing a lot of exercise. The things I think that hurt me most was sugar and eating junk in the afternoons at work to keep going which caused me a lot of allergy problems and made me feel horrible. I think I was a bit hypoglycemic also which I think helped me to get hooked on sugar and contributed to me eating the junk to not feel bad.

I hiked kings' peak in utah (13,5xx-ft elevation and 32-mile round trip in 3-days) a couple of times at 240+-lbs. So even if heavy I did have some cardio strength. Athletic performance is a combination of the size of the engine and the load it has to carry. I worked on the engine but had a high load. Better to have a good engine and a small load!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    That salmon and salad looks SO good! I don't know what's going on with me lately, but I am really craving salads lately. I must be low on some vitamins/minerals in them or something.
  • katjustkat
    Bob...ya I was pretty ignorant of any reasoning of 'why' the weight kept coming on. I just thought I needed more exercise as I was eating what I always had. Wish I knew more back then...But really there wasn't the internet so info wasn't at our finger tips like it is today.
    Britt...you do pretty good on the salad intake. I said it before...I could live off of salad and a baked potato or chunk of bread.
    Today was a good OMAD day...took a walk around 2:30 and got me home around 4 so perfect time zapper. son didn't come home for dinner so hubby and I went for Chinese and had shrimp with eggplant and garlic sauce and I partook in some lomein...
    Hope everyone had an easy peasy eatin' day :)
    qpmrhbzu9mqz.jpg
    oh...up 3 ounces today....grrrrr...Chinese food may not help tomorrow either...
    need to lose 60 pounds
    New start after lag
    Jan 9 -2.1....54.6 to go
    Jan 10 -1.6...53 to go
    Jan 11 +.7....53.7 to go
    Jan 13 +.3.....54 to go
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Oooh, the Chinese looks so good.

I am always up after Chinese too. Salt content I think but hey, no regrets and YOLO :) To a certain extent, that is. I was always able to eat "whatever I want" when I was younger but really need to watch my weight now.

For me, I can't do bread or any types of dough. I get bloated and very uncomfortable so I try to limit as much as possible.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Chinese will always give me a gain but I love it so its worth it once in a while :smile:
  • tlblanksfit
    Same here, but totally worth it as long as I get back on track the next day.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Great losses, Kat! I can go up 4 or 5 lbs after a salty meal like that, so .3 is nothing!
  • katjustkat
    Thanxxx for the feed back ladies...Amazing what salt or sugar can do to us. Today was an on track OMAD day. Got crazy and spent 3 hours in my closet and really I'm a minimalist in the excessive clothes department but there was 3 hours worth of chucking and organizing. Had a nice walk again at 2 so that got me to 4pm with just one hour to go for dinner. Hubby wanted some beef so ...I bought a hunk. Uhhhh....had beef, brussel sprouts and cabbage and then still was wanting something and was craving eggs so I cooked up two eggs during my one hour. I hope I can stay in this frame of mind because when OMAD is easy for me it's realllly easy but when I get a chink in the brain it's like crazy challenging. So best for me to not tweak anymore than I am and as long as I just do OMAD & watch the carbs and sugar... I'll get to where I wanna be. Time goes by super fast for me so hopefully time and OMAD take me where I need to be.
    Hope everyone had a great day :)
    6buka93cq40z.jpg
    need to lose 60 pounds
    New start after lag
    Jan 9 -2.1....54.6 to go
    Jan 10 -1.6...53 to go
    Jan 11 +.7....53.7 to go
    Jan 13 +.3.....54 to go
    Jan 14 -.5......53.5 to go
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You had a good day yesterday, KUTGW :)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Congrats on all the movement!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I LOVE going through my closet and purging stuff. It's never ending though.

I love clothes and I buy WAY too many that I never end up wearing.

I have this idea that I live a glamourous lifestyle where I wear cocktail dresses and heels all the time, where the sad truth is that I work from home and live in Athleta/Title Nine skorts and Lululemon tank tops (aka workout clothes) and runners and Birkenstocks... Even the conferences I go to are casual affairs populated by computer nerds so I don't bother to even pack a dress any more. Sigh... I should have been a spy - I think you get to dress up for that job!
  • katjustkat
    thank you ladies...yes yes yes...just keep on a truckin'...head down and go.
    Sarah, I used to lead a somewhat glamorous life when I was a flight attendant. Now I'm like you with the gym clothes (I walk daily....so....why change clothes?), jeans, mocassins, loafers....I believe in comfort. I love how I feel in my clothes!
    Today was icy here in Denver. Yesterday I went for my walk in just a light fleece. i stayed on my treadmill today. Weather changes so quickly here.
    Made a big pot of Vegetarian bean and cabbage soup and had that with a salad, chicken and 1/2 orange. Son is doing the 'slow carb diet' which consists of protein, veggies and legumes. No white stuff including dairy products and no fruit/sugar. So I make those for dinner and then alter where I want to for myself.
    I'm aiming for losing .2-.3 a day. That'll get 40 pounds off by June. Maybe not feasible but.....the small amount to lose each day makes me think to not pop extra bits in the yapper with dinner.
    Hope everyone has a fantastic day tomorrow :)
    3czpswub65bi.jpg
    need to lose 60 pounds
    New start after lag
    Jan 9 -2.1....54.6 to go
    Jan 10 -1.6...53 to go
    Jan 11 +.7....53.7 to go
    Jan 13 +.3.....54 to go
    Jan 14 -.5......53.5 to go
    Jan 15 -1........52.5 to go>>>>-2.1 for the week
  • tlblanksfit
    Nice week. You are doing great!