TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (January)

Options

Replies

• Gwenfromnyc
    Gwenfromnyc Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS when I weigh in tomorrow (Thursday) 2/1 will that be my starting weight for the February’s challenge or is (Thursday 1/24) the weight I start February with?
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @Gwenfromnyc, no, Thursday, February 1st will be your starting weight, as the official February Challenge doesn't start until Sunday, February 4th.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Thanks, Terri, for the high praise! Truthfully, I am struggling right now, but staying involved with this team is helping to keep my head above water.

That being said, I would like to add some more layers to the team. Some suggestions would be daily challenges, daily or weekly step challenges, questions of the week, etc. Does anyone have any other suggestions and would anyone like to take this on? It doesn't even have to be in an official capacity (but it can be)....just post your question or your challenge. The team is doing great; I just want to keep things fresh!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    This week hasn't been the greatest for logging or exercising. But it has been great for "getting it all back together" after December. The kitchen is in order and all healthy again. I'm eating much better which is translating to better sleep, which leaves me feeling better and thus getting more accomplished, which makes me feel happier.... :)
    This year, I may just skip December. :#

I want to start things off with a Question of the Week, based on this post from @GardenMama129. I saw this while I was in Vegas, but there was no time to respond to it properly. Every December, right after Christmas has ended, I say to my husband,
    "How could I have done things differently?" That's the question.

We're a month removed from Christmas, so we can all see things more clearly now. I love baking at Christmas, but I always bake too much and then I end up eating it after Christmas, at a high rate of consumption, until it's all gone! I will still bake next year, but only desserts for the meal, like a couple of pies or cakes or whatever. I will not ALSO do a bunch of squares or cookies, or things like that. We have an employee that graciously gives my husband and I a BIG bag of those Lindor individually wrapped chocolates in assorted flavours. OMG, I end up eating the lion's share of those as well. Next year, if he decides to do the same, I will let my husband, my son and I each take five, and then the rest will stay at work in a bowl to be consumed in the New Year by other staff. (He won't know, as he works at our satellite location.)
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    That being said, I would like to add some more layers to the team. Some suggestions would be daily challenges, daily or weekly step challenges, questions of the week, etc. Does anyone have any other suggestions and would anyone like to take this on? It doesn't even have to be in an official capacity (but it can be)....just post your question or your challenge. The team is doing great; I just want to keep things fresh!

I feel like when i first started with this challenge in November I think? we kind of had a weekly schedule like monday: what quote inspires you? tues: challenge, wed: something etc. and I kind of liked that idea? Not sure how I can help with this other than to suggest it and try to post to it?
  • lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @jenniferrenie good luck!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    A am sorry team but I am going to drop out of the competition. Working the MD on my meds.

Good luck with the meds, Jennifer. When you figure things out, if you want to come back, you know where we are!
  • SAHNinja
    SAHNinja Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Don't have any new ideas as of yet, but holy crap. I started out good today, but I just binged on guacamole and chips. The guacamole wouldn't have been so bad, but the chips..
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Looking for weights from @vnb_208, @FAR_from_FAT and @mawash9
  • karynclarke
    karynclarke Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Jan 31
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes
    Exercise Yes, 2 hours roller derby training
  • primekayprime
    primekayprime Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Jan 30
    Tracking N
    Calories N
    Exercise N

I really did not follow my plan yesterday. But I've dusted myself off and am back on track for today.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Jan 30
    Tracking N
    Calories N
    Exercise N

I really did not follow my plan yesterday. But I've dusted myself off and am back on track for today.

Good for you to dust yourself off. I could use a good dusting myself!!
  • SamanthaLouiseMence
    Options
    Late checking in - it’s now 1:35 am

I’ve had a very busy day! We went to nanas in the morning as usual on a Wednesday, then my son had his swimming lesson (which is when I get my 30 mins swim in) then a nice long walk home after dinner! We have our tea with our NEW OVEN
    Whoopwhoop (it broke yesterday)

Then out of the blue my ex calls (my sons father who I’ve not heard from for 3 years (my sons 2.5 years (yes we split when I was pregnant lol))) so all goes down hill and he’s demanding right left and centre so I’m stress and comfort eating yet again :,( x
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    January 31
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Wednesday, Jan 31
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes (35minutes)
  • HASWLRS
    Options

I’ve had a very busy day! We went to nanas in the morning as usual on a Wednesday, then my son had his swimming lesson (which is when I get my 30 mins swim in) then a nice long walk home after dinner! We have our tea with our NEW OVEN

Then out of the blue my ex calls (my sons father who I’ve not heard from for 3 years (my sons 2.5 years (yes we split when I was pregnant lol))) so all goes down hill and he’s demanding right left and centre so I’m stress and comfort eating yet again :,( x

So sorry to hear. Hope you were able to step away from the kitchen and finally get some sleep. Hugs.
  • primekayprime
    primekayprime Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Jan 31
    Tracking Y
    Calories Y
    Exercise Y, 25 min walk
  • SAHNinja
    SAHNinja Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Sounds like he doesn't get to be demanding... not in my child's life from the beginning.. hmmpf! Hope all simmers down for you
This discussion has been closed.