Dkay OMAD progress

dkayingram
dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
Hi everyone,

I started OMAD on Monday 2-5 after losing about 35 pounds during 2017. Then came the holidays and I got lazy and hit a plateau which caused me to just basically say screw it :). I have done a lot of research on OMAD and wanted to give it a try.

My current weight is 196 and my ultimate goal weight is 150. I am taking this 10lbs at a time and hoping this will be a success for me!

I am on day three and so far have felt great. The first couple of days I did have a headache but I have been drinking tons of water and black coffee and that seems to help. I can truly say I haven't really been hungry during the day at all. I never have been a breakfast person so that part has been super easy. The issue I have is stress eating (chocolate) and it is so bad during the office hours :).

I eat my one meal around 6 or 630 and am finished within an hour. I have noticed that I am sleeping so much better!!!!! I haven't been on the scale yet (although tempted) but I did notice even today a pair of pants felt loser than last week! So yay!

Looking forward to the OMAD journey!
Donna

Replies

• maffyc
    maffyc Posts: 4 Member
    I am on the same boat. I lost 10 lbs starting after xmas and I stopped losing after 2 weeks. Now its February and I want to do something to break my plateau.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited February 2018
    Donna maybe try some sugar free gum to replace the chocolate during the day, it's what helped me to get through till my meal :)
  • dkayingram
    Thank you!! I totally have been doing that!! Day four and feeling good just a few working hours left!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Welcome and good luck, this is an awesome group... :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Coconut oil will get me through. Just a little works. Better than eating 4-bags of peanuts and a candy bar or three (I can do that easily)!
  • dkayingram
    Thanks for the suggestion of coconut oil. I have heard a lot about it and plan to buy some this weekend. I plan to move my weigh in to Friday since I think Monday will be too difficult coming after the weekend. I don't plan to go over board I just will be not as restrictive on Saturday and Sunday.

I am trying to wean myself off creamer in my coffee and have cut back a ton on that, but is there a calorie amount that is okay that would keep you in the fasting state?

Happy Friday!
    Donna
  • blambo61
    dkayingram wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestion of coconut oil. I have heard a lot about it and plan to buy some this weekend. I plan to move my weigh in to Friday since I think Monday will be too difficult coming after the weekend. I don't plan to go over board I just will be not as restrictive on Saturday and Sunday.

I am trying to wean myself off creamer in my coffee and have cut back a ton on that, but is there a calorie amount that is okay that would keep you in the fasting state?

Happy Friday!
    Donna

I only drink water when fasting and only use the coconut oil when I can't make it. It does break the fast a little but it will not make me hungrier like about anything else will so it is much better for me to do that than not have anything to eat around me except snack bar stuff and then pig out on that stuff. It's a trade off for me but very worth it.
  • dkayingram
    Week one update:
    Starting weight 197
    Current weight 194
    Loss 3lbs! :)

What I have enjoyed:
    * Felt more energized during OMAD days
    * Did not feel a mental fog that often would occur during work
    * Really enjoyed my OMAD meal at night, the food actually tasted better
    * Didn't have to stress over logging, weighing food, etc.
    * Wasn't really hungry during the day. there was one day last week when my stomach did growl but other than that I felt the week was super easy! Just drank lots of water and coffee

Had a normal day on Saturday with an omelet for breakfast and a normal dinner, no snacking through the day though. Sunday was just some yogurt for breakfast and normal dinner.

This has been great so far, looking forward to week 2 and more progress! Reading all of your updates has been very motivating!

*Happy Monday*
    D
  • blambo61
    Way to go!
  • Brendalea69
    No logging or counting calories is my favorite part :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    You are off to a great start!!
  • dkayingram
    Thank you all!!! It has been way easier than I thought!!!! Why didn't I do this sooner :)!!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Great work! Sounds like you're getting into the OMAD lifestyle with easeeeeee!!!
  • dkayingram
    I hope so. Being a southern girl it is so hard to resist all the goodness of food, but with just having one meal to focus on it has been a lot less stressful than I thought it would. I will say today I have had tummy rumbles, but I am just filling myself up with water to stay full and not think about it!!!

• blambo61
    dkayingram wrote: »
    I hope so. Being a southern girl it is so hard to resist all the goodness of food, but with just having one meal to focus on it has been a lot less stressful than I thought it would. I will say today I have had tummy rumbles, but I am just filling myself up with water to stay full and not think about it!!!

One meal makes it easy, there isn't a constant choice at multiple meals to be made about if I've eaten all I can right now or not. The only decision is to not eat completely tell the eating window.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    It is so easy it's crazy. Totally hear you about "why didn't I do this sooner?"!!
  • dkayingram
    Hi everyone,

So I just had to weigh this morning. I have done really good Monday/Tuesday and I my clothes were not so tight so I broke my once a week rule and stepped on the scales.
    SW 2-5-18 197
    CW 191.6

OMG 6lbs in less than two weeks!!!! More than thrilled!!! Feeling great, and loving the hassle free way of losing weight! My goal for the end of February is 187. Hoping I can make it.

Stay strong - it's Valentine's Day!

• Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    edited February 2018
    Great news!
    Way to go, stick to it now.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    That is so awesome! I think your goal is very attainable. Stick with the plan and you will get there. Very happy for you.
  • Brendalea69
    Awesome!!!