TEAM: Gutbusters (March)

Options

Replies

• MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @eevang , congrats! You look so happy and glowing; well done! And where is this, it is beautiful!
  • MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Calories: lots, but so much activity I'm under, so YES
    Tracking: yes
    Exercise: oh yeah.

Now, I am over 20 years younger, but those 85-year-old seniors walked my buns off through IKEA. So that would be Seniors: 1, Moy: 0 for today. But we had so much fun! Then I had to wrestle that 12-seater van through heavy rain (Seattle, duh) and traffic for 2 hours, getting there and back. Really good outing, but I was wiped, took a 2-hour nap when I got home. This is so much better than my desk-bound project management job! I recommend retirement highly.
  • GoBlue1981
    GoBlue1981 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Happy weigh-in day to my fellow Friday-ers @typeitdaily @tdrjustus3 @fe452436 @moyMG @alydanbeads @szymanskicolleen and @abbynsydneysmom !
  • alydanbeads
    alydanbeads Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Username: alydanbeads
    Weigh in Week: Week 1
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    Previous weeks weight: 142.4
    Today’s weight: 142.2
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,322 Member
    Options
    Username: typeitdaily
    Weigh In Week: Week 2
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 242.8 pounds
    Current Weight: 242.8 pounds
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    March 9
    Exercised?: Yes. Walk 6km in 24 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Dinner delayed, so walk delayed, arrived home in the dark (again).

Long weekend here in Victoria (Yay!)

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for March 09 is plank. (standard, forearm or knee) (https://greatist.com/fitness/perfect-plank)

2 sets
    • First set 30 seconds if new to them, 60 seconds if a regular, 90 seconds if can regularly make 60 seconds. , wait 2
    • Second set 15 seconds, 30 seconds or 60 seconds
  • craigo3154
    Options
    eevang wrote: »
    Today a NSV. Tried snowshoeing a particular trail 1.5 years ago. Only made it an hour and never made it to the overlook. Today, I completed the trail in roughly 2.5 hours. Took lots of breaks on the uphill portions but kept going!
    @eevang. Beautiful photo. Looks like fun (hard work, but fun). Well done on the NSV. These are worth celebrating.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    MoyMG wrote: »
    Now, I am over 20 years younger, but those 85-year-old seniors walked my buns off through IKEA. So that would be Seniors: 1, Moy: 0 for today. But we had so much fun! Then I had to wrestle that 12-seater van through heavy rain (Seattle, duh) and traffic for 2 hours, getting there and back. Really good outing, but I was wiped, took a 2-hour nap when I got home. This is so much better than my desk-bound project management job! I recommend retirement highly.

@MoyMG. Sounds like a great (and exhausting day). More work required to keep up to those sprightly 85yo's while they are bargain hunting. :) (I'd probably have trouble knowing how motivated they can be).
  • GoBlue1981
    GoBlue1981 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Username: GoBlue1981
    Weigh in week: 3/9 (Week 1)
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week's weight: 171
    Today’s Weight: 170.3
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Jamiewilldo

March 8
    Tracked. Yes
    Calories. Yes
    Exercised. No
  • slofitness1978
    slofitness1978 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @eevang where are your pictures from? Looks beautiful!

• parinzz
    parinzz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Username: parinzz
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    Previous week's weight: 140.0
    Current weight: 140.0
  • msaj_mom
    msaj_mom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    User name: abbynsydneysmom
    Weigh in week 1
    Weigh in day Friday
    Previous week 290.6
    Today 290.4
  • Asturiah
    Asturiah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Username: Asturiah
    Weigh In Week: Week 2
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 139.9
    Current Weight: 138.4
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options

Username: fe452436
    Weigh in Week: 3/9
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    Previous weight:187 lbs
    Current Weight: 192 lbs
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    March 9th
    Tracking yes
    Calories no
    Exercise yes. 30 min walking
  • szymanskicolleen
    szymanskicolleen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    3/2: 144
    3/9: 143
    I go to the gym before school each morning. I also start off tracking my food but as I get busy with school and my own 4 kids, I forget to track the rest at the end of the day.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    3/2: 144
    3/9: 143
    I go to the gym before school each morning. I also start off tracking my food but as I get busy with school and my own 4 kids, I forget to track the rest at the end of the day.

@szymanskicolleen Could you enter what you expect to eat for the whole day at once? Then you have a solid plan plus you only need to make adjustments during the day.

March 9:
    Exercise: yes (steps + dance practice)
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes

You might still be in recovery if you go out dancing and only dance to three songs. Still, spent more than 20 minutes teaching my husband the line dance that we will be teaching next Friday.

• szymanskicolleen
    szymanskicolleen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @concordancia I'm going to try logging everything in this morning.

I'm about to turn 50 and have terrible sleep issues. I wake up several times a night and my mind worries about a million things and I can't get back to sleep. I know it's bad for my weight loss and overall health. I'm trying melatonin this weekend.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    March 10
    Exercised?: Yes. Bodyweight exercises.
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Quiet day. Spent most of the day building a new race FPV quad (almost ready to fly now). Too warm to walk (despite nice weather).

Lunch at parents tomorrow.

@szymanskicolleen. I turn 50 in a couple of months :) . If I have had a busy day with activity and exercise I find I sleep well though. Sleep is important. Natural sleep is better than chemically induced sleep, but if you cannot sleep normally, then medication may be required. If condition persists, see a doctor.

Tips for better sleep:
    • No technology an hour before bed (blue light)
    • No technology in the bedroom (no TV, tables, phones, etc... a bedside clock is OK :) )
    • Try set a regular time and routine for sleep
    • Learn relaxation and meditation techniques (can mentally force yourself into a sleep state - practical for other times too :) ).

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for March 10 is dips ()

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 60% of the number you did in the first set (half, then another 10%), wait 2 mins
    • Third set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
This discussion has been closed.