Who is racing this weekend?

Options

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Larmer Tree Marathon tomorrow. Muddy, wet, with residual snow from Storm Emma.

I'm not entirely looking forward to it as my training had been disrupted quite badly.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    I have a HM tomorrow. It's in the middle of marathon training, so I didn't taper for it, so I have no idea how I'll do. Last time I did a race in the middle of marathon training (2014) I did well, but that day it was so cold (17 F at the start) I didn't dare slow down.

It was a hard race, but I ended up with a PR. Time was 1:53:05. I really felt the lack of taper.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    USATF Masters 8K Road Championship on Saturday at the Towne Bank 8K in Virginia Beach, part of the Shamrock Marathon weekend. I'd like to run the Shamrock Half the following day, but since I'm coming off injury that just seems a bit more stupid than I'm willing to do right now.
  • alc649
    alc649 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Ohhh and now i wanna sign up for a 10k in May. I do believe i have the running bug!
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Finally!!! On Sunday I will run my first race of the year. I will once again run the Lucky Charm 10K (this year without the snow storm). And then I get to run a half marathon 6 days later. B)
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Ran my first half today! Didn’t walk a single time :) !!!!!!!!
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    My second Half-Marathon on my birthday TODAY. Wine Country Half in Paso Robles CA. Turning 46. PR from first is 2hr 8min 40sec. Definitely think I can beat that today. I've come a long way since losing over 200lbs.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Aztec4Life wrote: »
    My second Half-Marathon on my birthday TODAY. Wine Country Half in Paso Robles CA. Turning 46. PR from first is 2hr 8min 40sec. Definitely think I can beat that today. I've come a long way since losing over 200lbs.

Happy birthday, and good luck!!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I ran the Seabrook Lucky Trails races this past weekend (4th year to do it). I decided to do their hardest challenge. I ran a marathon on Saturday, and a half-marathon on Sunday. Surprisingly, not the slowest half-marathon I've ever done!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    END-SURE 50k coming up on Saturday.
  • bread_winner
    bread_winner Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Ooo, best of luck! Looks cold :X
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options

Ooo, best of luck! Looks cold :X

um.... that's nice weather for me... I was running in -27F this winter...LOL... Thanks
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Half marathon on Saturday (Roger Snyder Memorial). Just about a foot of snow on the ground on Wednesday (and still snowing). Yeah, this is gonna be FUN!!! The course is along the mountains so it should be very scenic. And since I'm not in top racing shape I should have plenty of time to enjoy it. :D
  • alc649
    Options
    Maybe possibly doing a 5k glow run on saturday, not sure yet though. I wanna run it, but it starts at 6pm so i'm not even sure if it'll be dark..so is it still a glow run if you're not glowing? oh well, it has a cool tshirt and it's running so..win win right?
  • bread_winner
    bread_winner Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you want to do it and think you'd have fun - I say go for it!
  • alc649
    Options
    I signed up today!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Spring Forward 15K on Saturday. I know, the time changed a couple weeks ago; Spring Forward is held on the weekend the time used to change. 9.3 miles of beautiful rolling hills, net down for the first 10K and net up for the last 5K. I will not run a PR, because the point is to practice pace control for Boston in a race environment.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Got a 5k on Sunday. It's a pretty flat course and there's usually only 100 or so runners. Nice and friendly and also very close to the outlet mall which meant last year after the race I went shopping and came home with new running shoes, a couple of pairs of shorts and four t-shirts.

I came third in my age group last year, but I'm a bit slower this year because I've been concentrating on increasing my distance and my speed has definitely suffered.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    Zu,bro Endurance Run, starting in just under 48 hours.