TEAM: The Slimsons (April)

craigo3154
craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Craig @craigo3154.

Replies

• faisrs0
    faisrs0 Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2018
    Weigh around 190 lbs. goal weight is 145. I am planning to take around 1200 calories daily and walk for about 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
  • faisrs0
    Weight in: 188.5 lbs
  • Teresa_QueenSugarplum
    Teresa_QueenSugarplum Posts: 2,217 Member
    edited March 2018
    Username: Teresa_QueenSugarplum
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    Current Weight: 335.0

My goal is to lose at least 5 pounds for the month of April. Slow and steady is my motto.
  • missemmibelle
    missemmibelle Posts: 100 Member
    edited March 2018
    Username: missemmibelle
    Weigh-In Day: Sunday
    Current Weight (March Rollover): 201.8

Hi Team! My name is Emily, 35 years old, mother of three, stay-at-home, full-time-college student.

My goal is to get to 185 by June 1st (summer trip) and reach my goal of 150 by Christmas. I've lost around 25lbs so far following a very simple plan of eating about 1200 calories (1500 on weekends), getting 30g of protein within three hours of waking up, 80g minimum protein for the day, at least 70g of water per day and moving more (not quite "exercising" yet, I mostly do house/yardwork).

I don't worry so much about how I get my calories because I (because I'm lazy) have a rotation of 300/300/500/100 (breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert) meals that I make that I'm not sick of yet, a habit left over from Nutrisystem (which I got sick of really fast). I don't track every day because I know how many calories I'm eating. I do hit plateaus that seem to last 1-2 weeks but then they break and all is well again.

I love this challenge because it keeps me accountable, but my goal is about 5-8lbs per month - not to be "The Biggest Loser." ;)

My goal for the month of April is to keep doing what I'm doing, encourage others (Go Team Slimsons!) and get a few hikes (my favorite thing!) in before summer heat makes Arizona miserable again.

• KT4everFree
    KT4everFree Posts: 206 Member
    Hi,
    I’m 51 and this is the first time I am joining in the MyFitnessPal community. I seem to do better when I don’t talk too much about my weight loss journey. I thought I would try something different. I would like to lose 7lbs in April.
    191 day of logging in my food (all food good or bad) and it’s done wonders for me.
    My calorie goal is1300 per day.
    Wishing us all much success this coming month!
    Kate
  • Teresa_QueenSugarplum
    edited March 2018
    Username: missemmibelle
    Weigh-In Day: Sunday
    Current Weight (March Rollover): 201.8

Hi Team! My name is Emily, 35 years old, mother of three, stay-at-home, full-time-college student.

@missemmibelle Thats a decent goal.

@KatieWW Decent goal.

AS SOMEONE WHO IS IN OTHER CHALLENGES AND IS A CAPTAIN OF A TEAM RIGHT NOW I CAN TELL YOU THE SECRET TO A SUCCESSFUL CHALLENGE.
    1. MAKE YOUR GOAL REASONABLE. 4-5 LBS. IS A GREAT MONTHLY GOAL. YOUR WEIGHT WILL FLUX DEPENDING ON WHAT'S GOING ON WITH YOUR BODY THAT WEEK. SLOW & STEADY LASTS FOREVER. NEVER STARVE YOURSELF. IT'S VERY BAD FOR THE HEALTH AND YOUR BODY WILL REBEL IF YOU DO. & LOG LOG LOG
    2. BE ACTIVE IN THE CHALLENGE. THAT MEANS YOU WILL DO BETTER AND SUCCEED MORE IF YOU STAY INVOLVED HERE. WE ARE YOUR ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNERS AND ACCOUNTABILITY IS CRUCIAL. THERE IS NO JUDGEMENT HERE SO FEEL FREE TO TELL WHAT IS HAPPENING AND ALWAYS BE HONEST BECAUSE OTHERS MAY (MOST LIKELY) BE GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING AS YOU.
    <3<3<3
  • Keri8680
    Keri8680 Posts: 115 Member
    I am eating a clean diet with plenty of protein and veggies, healthy fats, and berries. I am trying the keto diet. I lost 10 pounds in March- my goal for April is 5 pounds, and I want to incorporate more exercise instead of only once a week. CW is 201.3, my 1st overall GW is 175!

Do I have to log my intake in this app? I use Carb Manager to log since it will calculate net carbs. I like this app for the community and weight tracker. Thanks!
  • Teresa_QueenSugarplum
    Keri8680 wrote: »
    I am eating a clean diet with plenty of protein and veggies, healthy fats, and berries. I am trying the keto diet. I lost 10 pounds in March- my goal for April is 5 pounds, and I want to incorporate more exercise instead of only once a week. CW is 201.3, my 1st overall GW is 175!

Do I have to log my intake in this app? I use Carb Manager to log since it will calculate net carbs. I like this app for the community and weight tracker. Thanks!

@Keri8680 no you dont post your intake here. Just participate in the thread and challenges if you'd like and post your weigh in here every week on your chosen day. I hope this helps..
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hello Team Slimsons and Welcome to April!!

My name is Ashley @AB0215 I will be your captain for this month. Gloria @gjaholy33 will be your Co-Captain.

Sorry, slacking this week and forgot to make my welcome post!

Here's a little about me:
    I am 32, and I have been overweight basically my entire life and in the last 18 months or so, I decided to change that, I decide that my 30s really will be the best years yet!! I am currently down over 50 lbs and still going, however I don't actually have a goal weight as I weight train and I realize that my weight will likely be more than one of those ridiculous BMI charts, but I do have a fat % goal, so I will know my goal weight when I get there, but it's not really possible for me to know what it is along the way, I just know that I'd like to continue my downward trend!!

Please feel free to introduce yourselves and share your goals for the month, I'd actually like to encourage this as I know that for me it helps me to have some accountability and helps me reach my goals when I share them..and with that in mind, my goal this month is to lose 5 pounds, and increase my weight training by 20 lbs each lift (squats, deadlifts, bench press) at the end of my training cycle, which is starting April 1st, and runs for 10 weeks, so I won't know this month if I actually hit my strength goals until next month, but I did for my last training cycle so I am hopefully optimistic.

We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week and Daily Posts

First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (ultimate accountability challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories on MFP.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "winners circle".

A side note as there was a bit of confusion for new members a few months ago, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post
    (Tell us a brief description about your day or goals)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Water Intake: how many ounces? (optional--but good to help keep track)

The Question of the Week Challenge is a fun participation booster and we will be using it sometimes just as fun and sometimes it can help to foster new ideas for others as we all are different and have different experiences so sharing ideas can help someone else with motivation of freshening up their routine even!! Keep on the lookout for these questions.

This is something that is fun, but challenging to me since I am running out of questions, and I would like to invite any of you guys to feel free to come up with a question you think is fun and send it to me. I am running out of creative questions and would like to use my "Ask the Audience Lifeline."

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: February Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)
    Just type PW & CW if you'd like (or if it's easier, you could keep a note on your PC desktop to make it easier to copy and paste from week to week.)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for me to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

This is my third month leading the team and I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!! Feel free to friend me, if you want, if you don't want to, I won't be offended. I used to track everything on MFP and have an open diary, but I had to make a change and I no longer track that way, but I enjoy seeing my friends succeed!!

Welcome to February and let's make things happen this month together!!

Your Captain,
    Ashley (@AB0215)
  • AB0215
    faisrs0 wrote: »
    Weigh around 190 lbs. goal weight is 145. I am planning to take around 1200 calories daily and walk for about 30 minutes to 45 minutes.

Great plan and welcome to the team!
  • AB0215
    Username: Teresa_QueenSugarplum
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    Current Weight: 335.0

My goal is to lose at least 5 pounds for the month of April. Slow and steady is my motto.

That is a great plan/goal. Welcome to the team!!
  • AB0215
    My goal is to get to 185 by June 1st (summer trip) and reach my goal of 150 by Christmas. I've lost around 25lbs so far following a very simple plan of eating about 1200 calories (1500 on weekends), getting 30g of protein within three hours of waking up, 80g minimum protein for the day, at least 70g of water per day and moving more (not quite "exercising" yet, I mostly do house/yardwork).

I love this challenge because it keeps me accountable, but my goal is about 5-8lbs per month - not to be "The Biggest Loser." ;)

My goal for the month of April is to keep doing what I'm doing, encourage others (Go Team Slimsons!) and get a few hikes (my favorite thing!) in before summer heat makes Arizona miserable again.

That's the idea, accountability, and fun. We're all in this together!! Welcome back!!
  • AB0215
    KatieWW wrote: »
    Hi,
    I’m 51 and this is the first time I am joining in the MyFitnessPal community. I seem to do better when I don’t talk too much about my weight loss journey. I thought I would try something different. I would like to lose 7lbs in April.
    191 day of logging in my food (all food good or bad) and it’s done wonders for me.
    My calorie goal is1300 per day.
    Wishing us all much success this coming month!
    Kate

I was one of those people who didn't talk about it too. But after a while, it becomes noticeable, and now that the cat's out of the bag, I tend to talk about it a lot and I joined this group and enjoy sharing now and this has become fun for me. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do. Welcome to the team!
  • AB0215
    Keri8680 wrote: »

You don't have to log your intake in here, we believe you when you say you do. I also follow a ketogenic diet and use another tracking method. The tracking is important, what is not important is how you track.

However, there are ways to use MFP to track carbs, it's just done as a browser extension and I did that for a long time, so if you're interested in trying that out, let me know, I will share the instructions with you. It can work for either firefox or chrome, but the only downside is that it doesn't work for the app.
  • joemccullum
    joemccullum Posts: 18 Member
    Username: joemccullum
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Weigh in Date: 3/31
    Previous Weight: 394.4
    Current Weight: 393.2
  • tamonkay
    tamonkay Posts: 28 Member
    Username: Tamonkay
    Weigh in day: Thursdays
    CW: 251

Hoping to lose 10 pounds in April!

• faisrs0
    So tomorrow is our first weigh in day?
  • Teresa_QueenSugarplum
    I was also wondering when this challenge week starts just like ^.
  • AB0215
    edited March 2018
    The challenge officially kicks off tomorrow, April 1st. Weeks run Sunday to Saturday so if your weigh in day is Sunday, then you would weigh in tomorrow, otherwise, post your weight on your weigh in day as normal.
  • AB0215
    tamonkay wrote: »
    Username: Tamonkay
    Weigh in day: Thursdays
    CW: 251

Hoping to lose 10 pounds in April!

Welcome to the team!!
This discussion has been closed.