• tamonkay
    tamonkay Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 10,000 steps, squats
    Water: 80 ounces

This was my first winter up north in 16 years, and it's been a long one here in Maine. I am ready for the summer to take my daughter and our dog for walks on the beach!!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Nope, rest day
    Water Intake: 99 oz

Day/Goals: Today was rest day number 2 and my back is feeling better. Heading back to the gym tomorrow and Friday to finish Week 1, and this time I'm wearing my belt...
  • AB0215
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Yesterday's Daily Post

I had a whole OK couple days still struggling but still trying to least track if I do not do anything else. Trying herbal remedies to help alleviate some of pain so far it is not working. But was able to catch up on some of my homework at least. Will try to Chair exercises at least 3x this week despite my pain level.

Track yes
    Calories way under
    Exercise no
    Water 112oz need to drink more

Way to stay positive and work towards your goals, despite the pain. I know I've said this before, food goals are far more important to hit than exercise goals in the grand scheme of weight loss, so you should continue loosing with proper diet even if you are in too much pain to exercise, but kudos for working on it anyway!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Exercise. 1 hour kickboxing and 1 hour elliptical

Honestly, I see things like this and think you should weigh like nothing. I can spend hours in the gym lifting weights, but there is no way you could put me on an elliptical for an hour...and have me survive..
  • AB0215
    Options
    tamonkay wrote: »

This was my first winter up north in 16 years, and it's been a long one here in Maine. I am ready for the summer to take my daughter and our dog for walks on the beach!!

Doesn't Maine get a lot of snow? There is no way you can convince me to move to someplace that gets buried alive each winter..just saying.
  • AB0215
    edited April 2018
    Options
    mexiconona wrote: »
    Track yes
    Calories no
    Exercise yes
    Messing up

You just haven't gotten back into the swing of things after vacation, you will get there, just take it one step at a time. Maybe try pre-tracking...? Whenever I'm having food problems I start tracking my food at the beginning of the day...which is what I'm back to doing for the time being.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a good detox? I tried modere and it was pointless. Maybe I don’t have a lot of toxins in me? Who knows. But I’ve plateaued AGAIN and it’s ticking me off. I’m beginning to think my scale is broken. Just reads 190.0 constantly.

While I don't have any suggestions for a detox, I can suggest change for a plateau, a change in activity level or routine, or a change in food. I plateaued myself at about 190 and I just cut back some more calories and that got the scale moving again, you might just need to shock your system with something new, or adjust your intake a bit. Typically when you lose a significant amount of weight, you need to re-evaluate your goals with how much you're taking in. I wasn't ready to admit that I needed less food to lose more weight for about 9 weeks or so, but I gave in and adjusted my macros again and I lost, like almost instantly...might be worth taking a look.

It's super frustrating, but hang in there, things will start moving again!!
  • KT4everFree
    KT4everFree Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Daily Post April 4
    Calories: Yes - on point
    Exercise: no
    Water Intake: how many ounces? ⬆️ 120
  • Keri8680
    Keri8680 Posts: 115 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Daily Post April 4
    Calories: Yes - under but not significantly
    Exercise: yes, I restarted the 21 day fix and did the cardio work out which had me modifying most exercises since I am so out of shape!
    Water- not enough but trying to work on one thing at a time- figured out keto, tracking everything and adding in exercise this week. Hoping to figure out a good routine to drink enough water- but that will probably be next week.
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Exercise. 1 hour kickboxing and 1 hour elliptical

Honestly, I see things like this and think you should weigh like nothing. I can spend hours in the gym lifting weights, but there is no way you could put me on an elliptical for an hour...and have me survive..

@AB0215 and that’s what drives me nuts. I put the effort in, but I don’t see it on the scale. I did the kickboxing in the morning. My husband worked late so I hit the gym at night. Lol, the old me would’ve had a bottle of wine and bag of chips on nights like that. I do agree though. My body needs a shock. Just need to figure out how to shock the system.

• Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Aww dangitt, I just went to post my Wed check in and Here's my Tues checkin sitting here unposted. :/

Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Day/Goals:Just resting up.
    Calories: Yes.
    Exercise: Just a bit.
    Water Intake: Reasonable.

Daily Post (Wednesday)
    Day/Goals:Keeping busy around the house. Hate dressings that stick.
    Calories: Yes.
    Exercise: Yes.
    Water Intake: sub par.

I made an important discovery with my cooking. One of the ingredients I add to some food is powdered psyllium husk for some added fibre. It's got no flavor or even texture, it just dissapears into things like keto pancake mix etc. So I got to thinking hey I should add this stuff to everything.. I put literally half a teaspoon into a big cook up of Butter chicken and wow was I not expecting the result. It was like I added Gelatin or something. My smooth creamy sauce turned into literally Indian curry jello. It wouldn't even slide out of the pan at 90deg angle lmao. I'm sure it will taste ok.. But lesson learned.
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @jennfalzon1979 I can't offer solutions, but I sure can appreciate the frustration of a stall. Perhaps a little intermittent fasting would shake your system into action. My only other suggestion is a little counter intuitive. I broke my last stall by upping my daily calories by 100 for a week, then dropping them again. But whatever you try, just stay on course, you will go off the edge of that plateau soon enough.

@AB0215 Make sure you get a good strong heal on that back.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Username: tinak33
    Weigh In Week: March Week 1
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 164.9
    Current Weight: 168.0

Yeah..... So I found out what happened when you eat your body weight in food over a holiday weekend..... um...... :D:D
    Looks like I have some work cut out for me in the coming weeks!! haha
  • AB0215
    Options
    Unfortunately, it's true. You have to make changes if you want to change...

bid1d8qyqxis.jpg
  • jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday
    Tracking- Yes
    Calories-under
    Exercise-no
    Water- yes, about 100 oz

I did not hit my personal step goal wednesday at 7000. Actually I probably did but didn't realize my watch died about 6:00 and it last showed 6176 steps so I can't prove it to myself lol. So I am going to keep my goal today at 7000. Have a great day everyone!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it's true. You have to make changes if you want to change...

bid1d8qyqxis.jpg

FYI - I love all of your motivational quotes. <3
  • AB0215
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    FYI - I love all of your motivational quotes. <3

I like to share the things that have either helped me over the last year or things that have really made me think about what I want and how I can get there.

Glad you like them.
  • AB0215
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @Fyreside I am currently kicking myself because this is on me. My weight lifting is now about 30 lbs heavier than my last training cycle and I usually don't wear my belt until I get to about the 85% range of my max, but I failed to take into account that this is my heaviest cycle yet and I might need to use it at a lower percentage just because the weight is much heavier and I haven't quite gotten used to it yet. It's like my 75% now is like my 85% last month so I wasn't thinking and it's really my fault, but it's better now after 2 days of complete, soul crushing rest. lol. I really feel like I cheated on the gym this week with my chair...

I'm headed to the gym in the next hour to catch up on my bench press, and then tomorrow my deadlifts..
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post-Thursday

Calories: Yes-I should be under, because I am no longer snacking at night...
    Exercise: Not yet-I slept in this morning instead-I am planning on jogging at least 2 miles after work.
    Water Intake: Should be on target for about 96 oz.

I did my post early because I know I will not have a chance later. I am hoping this no snacking after dinner thing has a positive impact with my weigh in on Saturday. We shall see!
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories so far under
    Exercise lite house cleaning and little bit of jumping rope haven’t done it since I was a kid. It was killing me that I keep tripping up
This discussion has been closed.