TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (April)

Options

Replies

• ladylovesmilktray
    ladylovesmilktray Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    10/04/18

Exercise - no. First day back at work after 7 weeks, s-h-a-t-t-e-r-e-d!
    Tracked -yes
    Calories-under
    Water - 2000 ml.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    April 10
    Calories - No...I went to McDonalds :neutral: Not sure what I was thinking - self sabotage maybe???
    Tracking - I stopped half way through the day
    Exercise - Yes - 4 Mile Power Walk
    Steps - 21,162 (84 Active Minutes)
    Water - 3350ml

Well, your water and your step total for the day will help immensely to combat the effects of McDonald's. And yes, it was probably self sabotage. In the back of your mind, consciously or not, you were probably saying, "I am having a really good month...I've been working really hard...I've lost lots of weight....so I deserve a McDonald's treat." Now that you've gotten that out of your system, you can go back to your healthy ways tomorrow! (P.S. It's good to shake things up every now and again. I wouldn't fret over it at all.)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    10/04/18

Exercise - no. First day back at work after 7 weeks, s-h-a-t-t-e-r-e-d!
    Tracked -yes
    Calories-under
    Water - 2000 ml.

Hey, you were under your calorie goal and you drank your 2 litres of water. I'd say that is pretty good for a first day back. You don't want to stress yourself out trying to fit everything in at once. Ease into it! You probably got enough mental exercise to make up for the lack of physical exercise!
  • freespirit6315
    freespirit6315 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have use of a cell phone that I can download the mfp app on temporarily, until I can come up with the money for a tablet. Hopefully in a couple months.

Mini challenge!

Logged calories-yes
    Under calories-yes
    Exercised- yes
    (40 minutes aerobics and walking)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I have use of a cell phone that I can download the mfp app on temporarily, until I can come up with the money for a tablet. Hopefully in a couple months.

Mini challenge!

Logged calories-yes
    Under calories-yes
    Exercised- yes
    (40 minutes aerobics and walking)

Hey, that's great news, Karla! Good looking day, too!
  • katevt78
    katevt78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge 4/10
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 3 mile walk
    Water: 100 oz
  • holly2e
    holly2e Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    holly2e wrote: »
    Mini challenge:
    Nothing on Sunday

Today (April 9)
    Exercise: yes (walking and yoga)
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: no

Were you close on your calories or was it a blowout day?

Haha, not a blowout day. I have had those, but this was just slightly over. I am trying to remember your comment about how the scale records all of our food choices whether we track or not. That was so helpful :)
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    April 10
    Tracking- yes
    Under calories- no
    Exercise- yes (walked 2 miles)
  • holly2e
    holly2e Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    April 10
    Exercise: yes, walk with the kids plus a lot of cleaning
    Calories: yes, finally
  • primekayprime
    primekayprime Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Apr 10
    Tracking Y
    Calories Y
    Exercise Y, 49min walk + 35min strength training
  • freespirit6315
    Options
    @HASWLRS

Do you know the expression when "it rains it pours" comes from when one bad thing happens others follow!!!
    I went to weigh this morning and my scale decided to die sometime during the night. Seems a lot of my things are old and dying on me. Can get another scale but not for at least 2 weeks they're a lot cheaper than buying a new tablet.

This means that I won't be able to complete the challenge, because I don't have a way to record my weight and how much I'm losing, Could Have Lied and just put in number each week but that's not right you have to be honest. Funny in a odd way!!

I find a way to be able to stay on mfp and record my calories and my other info and the major thing I need for this challenge I can't do record my weight. Now I am going to be curious about how I'm doing over the next two weeks, I'll still record my NSV progress and I'll still a logging in daily to put into my diary and exercise information. Unless you have any suggestions?
    I'll have to say goodbye to this challenge, sad because I was really enjoying participating.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    4/10
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes, 29 min Focus T25 Core Cardio

@HASWLRS Thank you! Just in the past couple weeks I've decided not to stress so much over getting in a "real" workout, but just doing what I can when I can. And my hubby fixed our Wii so that helps a lot because I can get a decent workout alongside my kids and they're having fun too! My babies are 22 months apart! The youngest is 5 months and the older turned 2 in Jan. We get a lot of laughs from people when we walk my kindergartener to school :D:D
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't checked in team. What a busy week I've had so far and its not over yet. I did want to come in and give my update today as we are halfway through our 2nd week of April. I am so excited about this month. I can feel my motivation coming back again. I love it when spring comes. The winter always has me down a blue and the sun always brings me back from the darkness.

Week 2

Daily check in: Sunday
    Calories: No - 0/7
    Tracked: Yes - 1/7
    Exercised: No - 0/7
    Water: Yes - 1/7

Daily check in: Monday
    Calories: Yes - 1/7
    Tracked: Yes - 2/7
    Exercised: Yes - 1/7
    Water: Yes - 2/7

Daily check in: Tuesday
    Calories: Yes - 2/7
    Tracked: Yes - 3/7
    Exercised: Yes - 2/7
    Water: No - 2/7

Weekly Steps:

Sunday: 7,636
    Monday: 23,053
    Tuesday: 19,409
    Wednesday:
    Thursday:
    Friday:
  • miroller
    miroller Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    4/10
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: no
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Apr 10
    Tracking Y
    Calories Y
    Exercise Y, 49min walk + 35min strength training

35 minutes of strength training....that wouldn't happen to be a Fitness Blender video by any chane, would it?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @HASWLRS

Do you know the expression when "it rains it pours" comes from when one bad thing happens others follow!!!
    I went to weigh this morning and my scale decided to die sometime during the night. Seems a lot of my things are old and dying on me. Can get another scale but not for at least 2 weeks they're a lot cheaper than buying a new tablet.

This means that I won't be able to complete the challenge, because I don't have a way to record my weight and how much I'm losing, Could Have Lied and just put in number each week but that's not right you have to be honest. Funny in a odd way!!

I find a way to be able to stay on mfp and record my calories and my other info and the major thing I need for this challenge I can't do record my weight. Now I am going to be curious about how I'm doing over the next two weeks, I'll still record my NSV progress and I'll still a logging in daily to put into my diary and exercise information. Unless you have any suggestions?
    I'll have to say goodbye to this challenge, sad because I was really enjoying participating.

@freespirit6315, I saw your post on my news feed first, before I saw this one. So for the rest of the team, I'll repeat what I said there. Keep doing the challenge, and we'll just transfer over your same weight each week. We'll make a note for your first weigh-in when you come back, so that no one is to think you lost whatever you end up losing in only one week. You won't be eligible for "top loser of the week" if you happen to have lost a lot, but I am sure you are okay with that, seeing as that would mean you lost a lot!!!

You seem to have it in your head that the universe is telling you that you have to leave this challenge, but I am telling you that you DO NOT!!! There are definitely work arounds to keep you in it, if you are still willing to be a part of this.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @mari_moulin, glad to heat that your motivation is coming back, due in part to spring weather and sunshine!!

***For those of us in Canada and parts of the States where spring is nowhere to be found, we'll just have to find our motivation elsewhere....no excuses!!!***

Great stepping too, Mari, on Monday and Tuesday!!

• miroller
    miroller Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Username: miroller
    April week 2
    Weigh in Wednesday
    Previous: 179.2
    Current: 176.4

#igotthis #gettinreadyforsummer #oldjeans
  • freespirit6315
    Options
    Thank you @HASWLRS I would like to stay in the challenge and it's okay I don't mind not being top winner of that week. Being in this challenge helps me stay motivated and accountable. This is the number one reason I have taken up a challenge is to be accountable for my actions and you proved myself I can do this it's much easier with others than by yourself.
    Thank you again!!! I appreciate you allowing me to stay in the in the challenge.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    miroller wrote: »
    Username: miroller
    April week 2
    Weigh in Wednesday
    Previous: 179.2
    Current: 176.4

#igotthis #gettinreadyforsummer #oldjeans

Woohoo!!! Not only did you lose your little gain from last week, you lost some on top of that!!! #yesyoudo, #bringonsummer, #toheckwiththeoldjeansMandyneedssomenewhotmamajeans!!!
This discussion has been closed.