Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Jim_fbr wrote: »
    Sounds like a good plan, we have to be able to adapt as needed. Nothing in life is linear.
    Good luck

Thanks! Went for a 6-mile hill run at the base of the mts this morning and did fine tell 4.5-miles then bonked hard. Ate just some coconut oil before I went. Was not enough. I think doing 2mad for awhile has made me more of a carb burner than a fat burner and I can tell when i run. Will need to adjust a little to make sure I'm fueled. I think that is what partially happened on Thurs 5k also.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Bob I'm doing OMAD and TMAD this week, Good luck to us both :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    Bob I'm doing OMAD and TMAD this week, Good luck to us both :)

I think your's was the opposite of mine though with 5-omad and 2-2mad. Good luck!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Nice plan! I will probably follow something similar once I start working out again!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome still! It's so hard to focus on the eating when things get hectic, that's for sure...
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I am excited to hear that having more meals is working out for you! :)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    I am excited to hear that having more meals is working out for you! :)

Same! How is it going? I am going to start a maintenance journal at 140, and I may be stealing your plan since I will be doing much more exercise!
  • blambo61
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @Sammy and Britt: I'm just staying the same at 196. Good thing is I'm not gaining. I didn't do my plan this week though and did 2MAD everyday (except Sunday which was OMAD) and even did 3MAD twice. I don't like doing 3MAD though and don't plan on doing that in the future much at all. They had a morning bake sale fundraiser and I gave in that day and just gave in for no particular reason another. I do plan on getting back to OMAD a couple times a week at least. I probably will do a long stint back at OMAD also to get some weight off. I just don't lose much without doing that but I can maintain well at 2MAD (especially if I'm eating salads and stuff like that for lunch). I eat in about a 3-4 hr window in the evenings. I still would like to lose about 15-20 lbs.

Ran a hard 5k today. Had a big long hill in it and the wind was blowing about 30-miles/hr (not an exaggeration and might have been more). Also had some snow flurries in the middle of it! I was only 19-seconds slower than my last week's 5k and most people had a much slower time this week than last (on a different course) so it showed I was running better. I did feel much better and didn't have the allergies/congestion that I've had the last couple of weeks. I ran 28:03 which is 9:00-min/mile. I think on a flat (non-windy) course I can do mid 26-minutes right now. Won't be for a couple more weeks tell we run a flat course so will have to wait and see.

• EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi, I'm new around these parts and have finally read over your story and progress. You have done well!

My Mom had some issues with gout and I did some research (as I'm sure you have as well). She seems to be free of the scourge at the moment.

The information seems to have some commonalities, stole most of this from the controversial Dr. Berg. He has some great information, I just tend to disagree with his keto is the only way approach.

Foods to Eat
    1. High potassium foods - vegetables (large salads) - cream of tartar added to drinks.
    2. Raw foods - avoid cooked foods (lightly steamed seems to work as well). Lots of vegetables.
    3. Cherry juice/Cherries
    4. Celery or Celery extract
    5. The remedy for high levels of uric acid is potassium citrate, which will neutralize this acid. You can get it from vegetables or a supplement.
    6. Nettles Tea (drink or supplement)
    7. Fish Oil
    8. Proteolytic Enzymes
    9. Magnesium supplement
    10. Bromelain

Avoid (limit):
    1. Alcohol
    2. Sugar
    3. Organ meats
    4. Coffee
    5. Caffeine
    6. Cocoa
    7. Grains
    8. High fructose corn syrup (HFCS)
    9. Kidney dysfunction (watch for)
    10. Fasting (it's our lifestyle, so lessen the other factors)
    11. Ketosis
    12. Diuretics
    13. Excessive protein (a fistful or two at meal is enough)

I'm sure you know these things, also posting for other members of this forum.

• dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Bob you are doing great with your activity. I am sure you will reach the goal as well.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Makes sense, Bob! I don't think I will ever go back to 3MAD, but I know from the past that I absolutely have to have at least another snack or meal once I start working out. I wasn't planning to start my journal until 140, but I have started it now and am recording notes from everyone here who is maintaining whether intentionally or not.
  • blambo61
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Makes sense, Bob! I don't think I will ever go back to 3MAD, but I know from the past that I absolutely have to have at least another snack or meal once I start working out. I wasn't planning to start my journal until 140, but I have started it now and am recording notes from everyone here who is maintaining whether intentionally or not.

I've never done the 1-plate rule, I eat in a 3-4 hour window so I can fast all day, workout and then eat that way and will lose. Everyone is different though.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Hi, I'm new around these parts and have finally read over your story and progress. You have done well!

My Mom had some issues with gout and I did some research (as I'm sure you have as well). She seems to be free of the scourge at the moment.

The information seems to have some commonalities, stole most of this from the controversial Dr. Berg. He has some great information, I just tend to disagree with his keto is the only way approach.

Foods to Eat
    1. High potassium foods - vegetables (large salads) - cream of tartar added to drinks.
    2. Raw foods - avoid cooked foods (lightly steamed seems to work as well). Lots of vegetables.
    3. Cherry juice/Cherries
    5. The remedy for high levels of uric acid is potassium citrate, which will neutralize this acid. You can get it from vegetables or a supplement.
    7. Fish Oil
    8. Proteolytic Enzymes
    9. Magnesium supplement
    10. Bromelain

Avoid (limit):
    1. Alcohol
    2. Sugar
    3. Organ meats
    4. Coffee
    5. Caffeine
    6. Cocoa
    7. Grains
    11. Ketosis
    12. Diuretics

Thanks! I know about a bunch of these but not all so will have to look into some of them more. I think the things that hurt me the worst are: getting dehydrated, eating sugary stuff, and eating too much meat. Also I think fasting is a big contributor. I also have to watch chocolate. I don't drink alcohol, coffee, and very little caffeinated drinks, and I sure don't eat organ meats (yuck!). I need to eat more of the potassium stuff I think and will pursue that.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Speaking of gout. Last night after the 5k, I was fine. Laid around for awhile and towards bed time, I was on the floor reading and tried to get up and it felt like my leg was broken. I thought maybe I gave myself a stress fracture or something. It hurt like crazy at the bottom of the tibial tuberosity (lump right under knee at top of tibia). I also thought might be gout so I took meds before bed. Was a lot better this morning and took more meds. Felt good enough so took some time off of work and went skiing! The mountains got about 15" yesterday and it was really good snow conditions today. The leg didn't hurt skiing but that spot is still tender and I do think it was gout with how it reacted to the medicine. Crazy! I've never had gout there before.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I'm sorry your having gout pain again, I hope it's better soon!!!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »

Foods to Eat
    3. Cherry juice/Cherries
    7. Fish Oil
    8. Proteolytic Enzymes
    9. Magnesium supplement
    10. Bromelain

Avoid (limit):
    1. Alcohol
    2. Sugar
    3. Organ meats
    4. Coffee
    5. Caffeine
    6. Cocoa
    7. Grains
    11. Ketosis
    12. Diuretics

Thanks! I know about a bunch of these but not all so will have to look into some of them more. I think the things that hurt me the worst are: getting dehydrated, eating sugary stuff, and eating too much meat. Also I think fasting is a big contributor. I also have to watch chocolate. I don't drink alcohol, coffee, and very little caffeinated drinks, and I sure don't eat organ meats (yuck!). I need to eat more of the potassium stuff I think and will pursue that.

Yeah, hydration is a common issue, especially for a runner. Wish you well with the issue!

• brittdee88
    Options
    Sending you healing vibes <3
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Gosh the gout thing sounds horrible, glad the medication works quickly for you...
  • blambo61
    Options
    Busy day yeaterday, worked garden, cleaned yard for about 10 hrs straight. Rested then did a 7-mile bike ride. I hardly eat when doing yard work so that was good. Did get spring garden planted and installed a couple packages of bees I bought. Will relax today.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Gardening already, didn't you just get a snowstorm?!